Thread: SecuROM support for wrong disc error

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Icon5 SecuROM support for wrong disc error

Recently I attempeted to run M2TW:Kingdoms on patch v1.5 (AGAIN ). For me, Kingdoms patch v1.5 dos'nt work once installed. When trying to play any of the kingdoms campagins, I get a error saying :

"Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "Kingdoms" CD/DVD.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information."

Kingdoms then quits out. (Note this happens for all kingdoms campagins, M2TW appears fine)

M2TW:Kingdoms did work befor, without the patch. So its clear there is a issue with patch v1.5 and my game.

So I asked what SecuROM support what could do be done to fix the problem. SecuROM technical support replyed and asked for an analysis file of the error and asked about the patch. Ive told them what Ive told you. Here is their analysis:

"Hello.

Thank you for your email.

It seems that your game disc isn't SecuROM protected or has another signature
    but the patch you've downloaded. These two versions are not compatible,
    resulting in this error message.

Please uninstall the patch and your game should work fine again.

If you have further questions regarding a matching patch, please contact the
    software publisher for the correct patch for your version of the game.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
    SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
    or via e-mail: support@securom.com"

I'm not sure if my game version (M2TW Gold edition) is secuROM protected or not (as secuROM said above, they are also not sure what is the cause, wether it is the secuROM protection is the cause or the patch isnt compatiable). But It will help to find out if the patch is compatible and then try to fix the patch from there.

SEGA seems the obvious people to ask about the patch v1.5 but I havnt found any information relating to this problem.

Does anyone know who would be a good idea to contact about fixing the patch or getting a accurate analysis of this problem?

Ty in advanced for any help.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: SecuROM support for wrong disc error

Where did you buy Kingdoms? Did you download a crack? The kingdoms.exe for 1.4 has to be securom protected for the 1.5 patch to take.

Well as this only happens after you install 1.5 then maybe it's possible you're not installing the correct patch.

It seems that your game disc isn't SecuROM protected or has another signature
    but the patch you've downloaded. These two versions are not compatible,
    resulting in this error message.
    My guess is maybe you're inadvertently using the wrong patch for your region. Where are you located - US, UK, Europe, Australia, etc.? If we can lock down your region and (more importantly) what localized version of the game you own then we can point you towards the correct patch.

I must admit though that I was under the impression the patch wouldn't install at all if it wasn't matched to the localized pack files....
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort

I have instaled M2tw ( i've play it nicely ), and i have instaled the m2tw kingdoms. When i want to play it apears the panel with what i want to play ( British , Teutons etc ) and when i select one of them it's says "No disc insterted. Please insert original "Kingdoms" CD/DVD." i'm searching for 2 hours the solution on this messy forum.
    Can someone help ?

Same as IZob but i'm on version 1.3.

Where did you buy Kingdoms? Is your dvd reader good for Blu-ray?

i didn't buy it. Like many readers from this forum. I have it from torrents sites. I'll try tomorrow to uninstal and then instal but without patches ...maybe this will do. But i'm still looking for solutions.
    It shouldn't be soem crack's ? for kingdoms or each of teutons / british / america / etc campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    i didn't buy it. Like many readers from this forum. I have it from torrents sites. I'll try tomorrow to uninstal and then instal but without patches ...maybe this will do. But i'm still looking for solutions....
    Well then the game is working as intended - the copy-protection is screwing you over correctly.

Buy the game.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Ok so my Gold Edition was purchased in Australia (so its the US brand?) its not a cracked version. I downloaded and installed the v1.5 US patch from http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?lang=en (official TW site).

But stupid me, I didnt think for or even know there was a patch v1.4 for kingdoms. Will it be ok if I install patch v1.4 with v1.5 already installed? (Simply over lap v1.5), and then reinstall v1.5?

Ill download v1.4 in the mean time.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Ok so my Gold Edition was purchased in Australia (so its the US brand?) its not a cracked version. I downloaded and installed the v1.5 US patch from http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?lang=en (official TW site).

But stupid me, I didnt think for or even know there was a patch v1.4 for kingdoms. Will it be ok if I install patch v1.4 with v1.5 already installed? (Simply over lap v1.5), and then reinstall v1.5?

Wait. Dosnt the Gold eddition already have patch v1.4 installed?

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post

There is no patch 1.4 for the game. Think of the Gold editions as two games in one. M2 comes installed at 1.0 and can be patched to 1.3. Kingdoms is installed at 1.4 and can be patched to 1.5.

Are you sure you have the US version? Try this: Right-click the medieval2.exe and choose the "Properties" option in the menu. Go to the details and see if it gives you region info.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

That makes sence. (M2TW 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3) then (Kingdoms 1.4, 1.5)
    here is a pic of my M2TW properties.

I think its safe to say i need to install UK version patch 1.5. Wish I had looked at this befor >.<

Be sure it's UK Gold version. The non-gold version will ruin your day.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

It is the gold patch. When Ive downloaded the patch Ill post my result here.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Sorry for digging up this post (in a way). I'd just like to report that I have finnaly downloaded the correct kingdoms gold v1.5 patch and that the campagins are all working and identifying that the patch has been installed ("1.05" found in the menu/options inside the game).

So if a secuROM error comes by again then it could be that the wrong patch was installed.
    For people who are about to patch kingdoms v1.5. Check which your kingdoms properties first (as seen in the picture above) to find out what 'Language' your game runs on. Its not good enough to assume (for example) that your game is a US version just because you bought it in Australia, you need to check first! It could be that your game was made in the UK? or somewhere else?

Ty for assistance technical support and Request lock.

Glad to hear it all worked out. Enjoy playing. Closed on request.