Thread: New buildings, Baths of Caracalla, etc.

Default New buildings, Baths of Caracalla, etc.

Hi,

I was wondering if we can include new historical buildings in the game like the nice ones in the game.

Also, what happened to the "Baths of Caracalla", they are not in the game? And where are the postribulum that were in the earlier version of the game? Can we please add them back?

PS, I love the buildings in the game right now and want to thank you for this work of art. If I can help research and recomending some good historic buildings for the game and wonders of the late Roman Empire, I would be happy.

Here is a model of the Baths of Caracalla at the time of Constantine the Great.

Last edited by Silent Gent~; August 30, 2009 at 02:26 AM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: New buildings, Baths of Caracalla, etc.

You would have to ask this question of Riothamus. I am not sure if there is an easy way to modify the buildings.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Gent~ View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if we can include new historical buildings in the game like the nice ones in the game.

Also, what happened to the "Baths of Caracalla", they are not in the game? And where are the postribulum that were in the earlier version of the game? Can we please add them back?

PS, I love the buildings in the game right now and want to thank you for this work of art. If I can help research and recomending some good historic buildings for the game and wonders of the late Roman Empire, I would be happy.

Here is a model of the Baths of Caracalla at the time of Constantine the Great.

They are there

The Baths of Caracalla were Roman thermae, built between 212 and 216, during the reign of the Emperor Caracalla, and among the greatest ever built by Romans.\n\nThe complex contained an internal section, the baths structure, surrounded by a garden and an external wall, build later and completed by Diocletianus, 225 m long, 185 m wide; Every day 2000 to 3000 romans could use the baths, which had two Palaestras (gyms), two public libraries, one for latin text and the other for greek ones, large rooms where one can partake of light meals and drink hot spicy wine, an hypocaus system of underground burning coal to mantain a constant temperature inside during wintertime.\n\nThe entrance leads to the Apodyterium, where people leave their clothes, and could decide to go to the gyms, to the Laconicum (turkish bath) or follow the traditional course of Tepidarium (warm room), Calidarium (hot room), and finally to get frozen by the icy waters of the Frigidarium (cold room). There were also two Natatio, normal swimming pools, one inside the building and the other outside. All the rooms were covered by mosaics, precious marbles and statues, and the water was provided for by an extesion of the Acqua Marcia, and internal reserves could hold 80,000 litres of water.\n\nFor people that intend to pray, there was in the underground floor a temple to Mithra, in which the initiated to the mysteries could celebrate rituals.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    They are there

The Baths of Caracalla were Roman thermae, built between 212 and 216, during the reign of the Emperor Caracalla, and among the greatest ever built by Romans.\n\nThe complex contained an internal section, the baths structure, surrounded by a garden and an external wall, build later and completed by Diocletianus, 225 m long, 185 m wide; Every day 2000 to 3000 romans could use the baths, which had two Palaestras (gyms), two public libraries, one for latin text and the other for greek ones, large rooms where one can partake of light meals and drink hot spicy wine, an hypocaus system of underground burning coal to mantain a constant temperature inside during wintertime.\n\nThe entrance leads to the Apodyterium, where people leave their clothes, and could decide to go to the gyms, to the Laconicum (turkish bath) or follow the traditional course of Tepidarium (warm room), Calidarium (hot room), and finally to get frozen by the icy waters of the Frigidarium (cold room). There were also two Natatio, normal swimming pools, one inside the building and the other outside. All the rooms were covered by mosaics, precious marbles and statues, and the water was provided for by an extesion of the Acqua Marcia, and internal reserves could hold 80,000 litres of water.\n\nFor people that intend to pray, there was in the underground floor a temple to Mithra, in which the initiated to the mysteries could celebrate rituals.
    Hello Riothamus and Midnite,

I made sure to check and I do NOT have the Baths of Caracalla in Rome. Here is my screenshot:

Hello Riothamus and Midnite,

I made sure to check and I do NOT have the Baths of Caracalla in Rome. Here is my screenshot:

Ok I see.. I think it needs to be put in the game as what I done with Carthage bath. I dont believe they can be build as to how Ramon has them set up but they need to be put in the game at the start. They dont show up on the map but do show up in your buildings list as you displayed...and they do have positive influences on the city. I'll put them in for them in for the third patch
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 31, 2009 at 02:24 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Thanks Riothamus- I"ll be looking forward to seeing the Baths of Caracalla in the mod.

By the way, will there be new buildings in the 3rd Patch? I'd love to recomend new buldings and help out for the mod.

Thanks Riothamus!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Thanks Riothamus- I"ll be looking forward to seeing the Baths of Caracalla in the mod.

By the way, will there be new buildings in the 3rd Patch? I'd love to recomend new buldings and help out for the mod.

Thanks Riothamus!

Anything you or other fans recommend will certainly be considered. If you are really interested in helping then PM Riothamus. Speaking on my part, the help would be appreciated. There is alot of 3d work, coding work, 2d work etc., possibly even mapmaking.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    Anything you or other fans recommend will certainly be considered. If you are really interested in helping then PM Riothamus. Speaking on my part, the help would be appreciated. There is alot of 3d work, coding work, 2d work etc., possibly even mapmaking.
    Thank you Midnite,

I would like to help with research if at all possible.