Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Download Links for PDeR 1.0a

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New Download Link for PDeR 1.0a - 30th August 2009

I'm getting the same corruption as jeanlannes did and I have installed this mod before when Megaupload was still up and it worked just fine. I think something may have went wrong when uploading the second file and corrupted it. The file in question is "mods\PDER1.0\data\ui\unit_info\hungary\dismounted_knights_templar_info.tga"
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Put the install files into one directory and then save the torrent into the same directory - it should check and correct the error of the installation file (if the files are the same).
    If you have downloaded from somewhere else, simply use the torrent and save into a different directory.

There error is in the .exe of the first download. The torrent indicates it's about 2Mb in size.

Blog Entries

Should be 200Mb - let me force a refresh, try again please.

Done - something is uploading.

Cheers Gigantus,

I had the same issue as the above posters, file in question "mods\PDER1.0\data\ui\unit_info\hungary\dismounted_knights_templar_info.tga" stops the upload of the game.

On the other hand, the link from Primative, link to the original version works and installs with no issue.

Is the Primative version and the the 3 part version from MediaFire the same ?
    If not which parts need to be added to the Primative version?

Thanks
    Today is a good day

Blog Entries

The Primative version does not include the 'eye candy' stuff that I listed in the first post.
    May I suggest to follow the way described in post #102? The torrent and the MediaFire files are identical, running the torrent in the same folder will correct errors from the Mediafire download.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The Primative version does not include the 'eye candy' stuff that I listed in the first post.
    May I suggest to follow the way described in post #102? The torrent and the MediaFire files are identical, running the torrent in the same folder will correct errors from the Mediafire download.
    Any chance anyone will be uploading this via torrent? The mediafire one's i downloaded are broken and the Torrent fix left me at 97,7%

Blog Entries

Try again, I am seeding permanently, but my connection sucks at times.

Edit: 9kbps average - that's what I am talking about...paused all the other mods I am seeding, hope it helps. Going up, reaching 26kbps!

Pity that others don't keep seeding.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Hi, Gigantus.

For some reason, the torrent installer is not allowing me to change my target directory (button is greyed out) and only the default "MyProduct" path is available. Should I go ahead and create this folder, then simply copy and paste the files into my main M2TW folder?

Blog Entries

I am not sure why I disabled the option - go ahead and install to that directory. A copy\paste or cut\paste of the mod directory will work - you will just have to adjust your desktop short cut.

Yup, it works. Great mod (with amazing submod potential). Thanks for keeping this alive. I'll seed the torrent, too.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; September 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

i have tried differnt browsers and dm's and also downloaded it again n again but it just gives error i.e templar knight tga missing so cant continue installation ..i need it cox of units in this mod..ur torrent is likely dead...so wot to do ?

Blog Entries

My torrent has been down for a while - try again.

To use elements of this mod you will have to contact Socal_Infidel for permission if you intend to publish your mod.

no i need just for personal moding .thanks

I am getting the same error (dismounted templar knight for hungary) and following your instructions to put all of the files within the same directory from which the torrent is placed and hoping to play this FANTASTIC mod again. I'm hoping that it completes in the next several hours as it seems to be taking forever despite 99% of the download is most likely correct. Weird, huh?

Would you consider reuploading it to DropBox or another MediaFire with the correction so we don't have to keep bothering you with reseeding the torrent? A lot of people are not seeding torrents as much in the USA given the law changes at cable providers, and so people really don't want to use torrents much.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cant_find_hungary_dismounted_knights_templar_info.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	272995
    By the way, when I think back upon all of the mods I have played, the features of them all, the speed of the turn times, the hours of pleasure from playing a specific one, the historical features, the sheer fun of the totality of the mod, no other mod in my opinion ever succeeded like Pro Deo et Rege. While a lot of mods have interesting features, time and time again I found myself coming back to it. I would still be playing it now except I left all modding in a huff a year ago.

As I modded, I found myself coming to the same decisions that were made regarding things like the desire of having an Area of Recruitment, or the interesting feature of having Christian Armenia, or the fact that certain walls couldn't be built because the technology in history didn't exist until later, or having to conquer part of Wales so that the English Longbow would come into being. There's lots of very creative coding in this mod. In fact, playing it is one of the reasons I desired to learn to mod in the first place.

EDIT:
    My sincere thanks to the person from Hungary who was seeding the mod this morning. I forgot how many units you could play within the AoR. It's a huge number of unique units!
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; March 26, 2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: THANKS!

Biarchus

I am having the same issue. Is there anyone who could provide seeding for the torrent?

Blog Entries

My bandwidth sucks, so if no else is seeding but me, then you may find yourself out of luck. In which case I would suggest to use the regular download via media fire - it's exactly the same files.

Biarchus

Thanks for the response. I did use the media fire download but I had the same issue as post #101 with the install. I'm not too tech savvy so I thought I would try the same as your post #102. Is there another solution to the install problem?

Blog Entries

Only other option would be to try the download from strategy informer. Please note that this is a different installer, so please don't mix the installations - best to remove\delete any other installation attempt of PDeR by manually checking for files prior to using that installation.