Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Using DBEditor *Added Explanation of TSV Ability to Part 2*

Default Re: Guide to Using DBEditor *Added Explanation of TSV Ability to Part 2*

So yeah, this is mildly embarrassing.

I've gotten this to work before, and I can't now. for some reason, no matter how many times I go through a unit naming, it still wont be named in game. Its really frustrating, any ideas? Ive done everything to the letter.

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Guide to Using DBEditor *Added Explanation of TSV Ability to Part 2*

I am exactly the same. I tried creating 4 units: Empire line, Armada line, Armada melee and king's guard and all of them turn up as blanks. New factions are the same.
    Last edited by Irishguy11; October 08, 2010 at 02:58 AM.

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

I have decided to make a new faction (Danzig if anyone's wondering) and I can't play in Naval battles. Help please!!!

similar to someone else whose post was ignored, I get the following error message when I try to save units_tables\My_units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidCastException: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.
    at System.DBNull.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value)
    at DBEditor.DBDataSet.writeTable(DataTable table, BinaryWriter writer, Int32 version)
    at DBEditor.DBDataSet.WriteDB(DataTable table, Int32 version)
    at DBEditor.DBEditorForm.saveFileTable(DataTable fileTable)
    at DBEditor.DBEditorForm.saveCurrentDataTable()
    at DBEditor.DBEditorForm.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4206 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    DBEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Documents/Personal/ETW/DBEditor/DBEditor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Documents/Personal/ETW/DBEditor/Common.DLL
    System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    gtgeuz1n
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

it happens whether i've edited the entry or not

ed. fixed: MP_Cost_Late needs to be set to 0
    but now the mod won't load. other premade ones work.
    Last edited by ansh666; December 16, 2010 at 07:16 PM.

hi guys!i want to put the light infantry behaviour ability to a unit but i cant find the abiliity.is it something named<unknown.....number.....>???

Rí na Fews's Avatar Libertus

I get a error when I Im saving my My_Pack. When I try saving after copying any unit into my my_unit table it shows up a "DBNull" error. I can't save it and this is the only method to create units. What do I need to do?

Rí na Fews's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ansh666 View Post
    similar to someone else whose post was ignored, I get the following error message when I try to save units_tables\My_units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidCastException: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.
    at System.DBNull.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value)
    at DBEditor.DBDataSet.writeTable(DataTable table, BinaryWriter writer, Int32 version)
    at DBEditor.DBDataSet.WriteDB(DataTable table, Int32 version)
    at DBEditor.DBEditorForm.saveFileTable(DataTable fileTable)
    at DBEditor.DBEditorForm.saveCurrentDataTable()
    at DBEditor.DBEditorForm.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4206 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    DBEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Documents/Personal/ETW/DBEditor/DBEditor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Documents/Personal/ETW/DBEditor/Common.DLL
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    gtgeuz1n

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

it happens whether i've edited the entry or not

ed. fixed: MP_Cost_Late needs to be set to 0
    but now the mod won't load. other premade ones work.
    Yes this precise error. This is the same one as the fellow a page before. You can't ignore this as an individual problem, 3 people have it. If it helps Im using win 7.

Hey cheers for that it was very useful im sorry to sound like such a noob but at the end of the section where you talk about editing an existing unit, you say 'at this point you can close DBEditor and load up My_Mod.pack if you wish to see your changes in action' How do you load it up? Thanks in advance

Right, i think i have 'loaded' the mod by creating the ''user.empire_script.txt'' with ''mod my_mod.pack;'' inside, but still i see no change in the game Can someone please help me? (do I actually have to play a battle to recognise the change? As the the unit edited doesnt change on the units description?) The unit I've edited was ''euro_line_infantry_britain'' which from my guesses is just the standard line infantry unit that britain recruits, or am i wrong there?

Greetings,

Great tutorial and great tools as well, and very nice modding approach from CA here too.

I only seem to have a small problem here, with the on screen name, it does not work in game and I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

When I follow the instructions for "patch_en" the screen name "Swiss Mercenaries" does not show in game. The Mod manager shows a conflict with "local_en", and while I can test the unit without crashes in the Custom battles when I hover the cursor over the unit, it just shows "(Line Infantry)".

Do I have to do modification to long and Short descr also?

Any Ideas? Thanks.
    Duke Surak'nar
    ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Rí na Fews View Post
    Yes this precise error. This is the same one as the fellow a page before. You can't ignore this as an individual problem, 3 people have it. If it helps Im using win 7.
    it seems to just do that whenever you are doing something wrong... eg if you've selected the wrong type of file or there are no pack files in a folder.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

can i create a unit using the dbeeditor for mamluk faction in empire total war and what files do i have to mod?

Libertus

Every time I make changes and then save the Editor crashes.

I'm new to modding and this tutorial helped me out alot thanks. Question about creating naval units. I tried to follow the same methodology with creating land units except using the appropriate naval tables in place of the land tables as a test. ex. building custom first rate ships at trade ports. However when i access the naval recruitment tab the game crashes. Does anyone know the appropriate steps for the tables to creating a new naval unit?

Laetus

Hello everyone,

I have recently been trying to edit units using PFM and DBEditor, however, no matter how many different tutorials I read and how many things I try, none of my changes are present in game. I followed this tutorial word for word, but when I started up empire (using Mod Manager to launch My_Mod.pak), the Nizam I Cedit Infantry had the default stats and unit size.

Help Anyone? :/

While I was changing the the playability of factions I made a few errors and find now that the game wont run, is there a way of restoring the file on DBE?

Corporal Carrow's Avatar Civis

Great tutorial for adding new things, but all I want to do is change something that already exists. To do this, I'm trying to load Bladerunner's Sealords minimod, slmod_GC_DM.pack to see if I can switch the American heavy frigates to a black-with-white-gunstripe paint scheme, but the problem I have is that DBEditor tells me slmod_GC_DM.pack is loaded, but I see nothing but CA .pack files available. Nary a trace of data from slmod_GC_DM.pack.

Please forgive my ignorance, as this is literally my first attempt at doing any kind of modifying, but what am I not doing right to get the information from the *ostensibly* loaded .pack file I'm trying to work with to show up?

It works but I had to use mod manager thank you!

Updated Part 2 to include the Apply Expression feature.

when im trying to edit a unit it wont let me place and showes the unhandled exception box saying paste handler called with an invalid clipboured or selection state

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast