Thread: Can you create units?

Icon1 Can you create units?

I was playing a campaign using rohan and then it ocurred to me to create a unit, i got the console and typed the units name not missing the " and everything then it said cant find unit i tried looking in the files and i found the units name but i cant create it.
    Any help will be appreciated thx.

Default Re: Can you create units?

In vanilla m2tw units with 2 names cant be created,at least i cant create them,units with 1 name r ok.In this mod nor 2 names neither and 1,i would like to know how to do that too.

in medieval total war 2 you can create them you just need to put it like this for example. create_unit "London" "Spear Militia"5 9 3 3

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You can also create them in TATW. It's just the names don't match the display names...

Eg.

Gondor Militia - Dismounted Kofm
    Orc Maulers - 2handed orcs

Find those in data/text/export_units , but use them without the _

What do the digits behind the name stand for? Veterancy? Upgrades?

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

4 - 3 - 2 - 1 is Number of units - Experience/Chevrons - Armour upgrades - Weapon upgrades

Thanks Max Veterancy is 9 I'm guessing, what about number of units and upgrades?

Seeing t won't let my edit my post, for example.. Create_Unit "High Elves" "Elf Archer3" 5 9 3 3
    Would give me five units of Eldarinwë Archers that are fully veterancy and upgraded? Just wondering. Thanks : )

Sorry for the third post, but it worked. Thank you lots. (It was settlement, not High Elves. Doh!)

hey guys had a problem with unit spawn... I typed the command find and but I keep gettin messages (as gonder campaign faction) that all my cities and captans seperate from castles as well that they have the max number of units whether I try to give them 1 or 5 and even though the captans have no units in their party. The cities Ive used the cheat with have no units for hire at the moment but Ive tried to use the cheat with cities with over 30,000 population. Any suggestions??

I typed the command fine I meant, the console recognized it.

Process_cq seems to be working for me, but create_unit doesn't. I've triple checked the Id's for the units I've tried to make, and even though the whole command is typed out correctly, the console says it wasn't recognized.

If this makes finding an answer any easier; I'm playing as mordor, and I'm trying to get myself "Sauron's Will" units. (I did a test just to make sure it wasn't just 'Sauron's Will', I can't spawn any other units)

I feel kinda nervous for asking how to cheat on Total War; but I'm about to retake the Misty Mountain territories from some really beefed up Dwarves. I honestly would've attacked by now, since my strongest force is at their front door. Luckily, I convinced myself to send a spy who with a lick of luck managed to infiltrate them. I was horrified at the amount of Generals, artillery, and dragonslayers. Now, I don't know about the other Mordor players; but I'm paranoid about losing Sauron (This is partially because I'm a big fan). So, my conclusion was to hop into the helpful arms of the Total War center and ask them why I can't spawn "Sauron's Will" units to reinforce Sauron himself. So, eh- A little help, sire? For a poor old Dark Lord of Mordor?

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Your Grandaddy View Post
    Process_cq seems to be working for me, but create_unit doesn't. I've triple checked the Id's for the units I've tried to make, and even though the whole command is typed out correctly, the console says it wasn't recognized.

If this makes finding an answer any easier; I'm playing as mordor, and I'm trying to get myself "Sauron's Will" units. (I did a test just to make sure it wasn't just 'Sauron's Will', I can't spawn any other units)

I feel kinda nervous for asking how to cheat on Total War; but I'm about to retake the Misty Mountain territories from some really beefed up Dwarves. I honestly would've attacked by now, since my strongest force is at their front door. Luckily, I convinced myself to send a spy who with a lick of luck managed to infiltrate them. I was horrified at the amount of Generals, artillery, and dragonslayers. Now, I don't know about the other Mordor players; but I'm paranoid about losing Sauron (This is partially because I'm a big fan). So, my conclusion was to hop into the helpful arms of the Total War center and ask them why I can't spawn "Sauron's Will" units to reinforce Sauron himself. So, eh- A little help, sire? For a poor old Dark Lord of Mordor?
    Instead of typing "Sauron's Will" type Mordor Uruk Axemen. That's what they are listed as in the descr_unit file.

Strange, almost every source I went to told me to use the export units file. Let me go try this out. Alright, I'm back, thanks a ton, man. Heheheheh, I'mma comin' for ye' you stupid, pesky dwarves.