Thread: Rome: Total War (Gold Edition) to RTR (or any other mods for that matter)

Default Rome: Total War (Gold Edition) to RTR (or any other mods for that matter)

Hey guys. I recently purchased Rome: Total War (Gold Edition), which includes the original (already pre-patched to v1.5) and BI (already patched to v1.6) online and downloaded it from GameStop. I've been wanting to use RTR, but neither the platinum version nor the mod-switch version have worked. The platinum version works all the way up until I select a faction for the single player campaign, then just exits out to my desktop. I've ran the reset... batch file and that hasn't fixed the problem. With the mod-switch version, it doesn't even start up and shows some error message with desc_ ... and cannot find something to do with the oliphants. Can anyone, particularly someone with the gold edition like mine, help me. I'd prefer to get the mod-switch version working, but either would be appreciated.

Default Re: Rome: Total War (Gold Edition) to RTR (or any other mods for that matter)

Firstly make sure you`re installing it in the right place:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...33#post5441033
    Secondly, I vaguely remember(and could be wrong actually) reading about some issues with people who had bought the game online. Do a search for that. Maybe you find something similar.

Switch's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Rome: Total War (Gold Edition) to RTR (or any other mods for that matter)

Have you double-checked which version of RTR/BI you have installed? Go to the Options screen from the main menu of both RTW and BI.. Make sure they are 1.5 and 1.6 respectively.

(I seem to remember some kind of weird patching bug which sometimes means you need to install one of the patches more than once.. Can't remember the specifics..)

Got it guys! Had to manually move some stuff around! Thanks!

Does someone now how to download the spartan hoplite mod, for their look.
    I did find the mod but i can't open it.

If it matters i don't bought it on steam but i have the gold edition CD