Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reclamation (EOD AAR)

Default Re: Reclamation (EOD AAR)

personally my favourite is the second last picture I think it's just the perfect time in the charge and it looks like its from a movie, anyways I'm only going to have time for one more installment in this AAR but I'm gonna leave it so I can start a new one... but in a way you may not expect muhahahahahaha
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice AAR! Keep those pictures coming pls.

Sweet AAR!! Keep it coming!

K i wanna let everyone know tht I foresee a final installement of this AAR over the holidays and that it isnt dead!!!
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Fredericus Iulius's Avatar Foederatus

we know, we know. we were waiting for you to come back from skiing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by midterm360 View Post
    K i wanna let everyone know tht I foresee a final installement of this AAR over the holidays and that it isnt dead!!!
    Alright, let the games begin!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

That'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredericus Iulius View Post
    we know, we know. we were waiting for you to come back from skiing, right?
    nope that starts in another week although I have gone a few times (gotta love backyard jibbin) it's mainly been school and life, but this last installement is gonna be good so no worries i'll kick it off with a bang
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Sounds good - we're waiting, mate...

ok just on last update before the big push to get the last installment complete, i've taken just over 80 pictures and will be going through those and select and edit around 20 - 25 (most likely) so I will be finishing this one off with a bang
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Fredericus Iulius's Avatar Foederatus

yess!

Just a little preview till later on tonight when I post the whole thing. I have selected a grand total of 35 pictures! i've spent 40 mins cropping and in some cases inverting the colors on them. And on a final note I wanna thank EVERYONE for their support on this AAR of mine and the EOD team for making the mod in the first place and also thank people for their patience with my, by now, snails pace with my updates (as each one takes around 3-5 hours of typing,editing and thinking about what will happen next).
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Chapter 9: A new beginning

I am Mikhail Sorvinnus and I come to you now with my last entry in this diary. In the calm after the storm and where I know find myself in a completely new world I reflect on my past decisions and wonder if I did the proper thing... But what's done is done and in the wake of my choices and guidance a newer purer world will spring where once a desperate struggle existed.

Having won a string of great victories, Germanicae's armies were now ready to stage an assault on the root of the evil which we believed to be Magog's main base of power in the area, Gehenna. However Upon scouting the area it was revealed that Gehenna was scarcely garrisoned and across the strait another city that more or less resembled a fortress. Whispers in the area told of a great place of evil. Pandemonium.

Even as we discovered this root of evil a long line of horrible events erupted all across the globe and panicked messengers came in bearing the news of nefarious men of omen and ludicrous acts of insanity, even an act of divine punishment upon the innocent. I will let you read about them yourself in hopes that maybe you can decipher just why this was happening and all at once.

Even Belial, a demon prince himself has risen from the very gates of hell and raised an army attacking the recently captured Kotais and an aging Carolous finds himself placed in charge of the defense of the city he'd just conquered and against an agent of Lucifer in the flesh. I prayed for him.

By then we had amassed two large armies on the beaches beside Pandemonium and even as we landed the enemies forces swarmed us and two new armies presented themselves in an apparent frenzy to prevent us from taking the city. Luckily for us they moved in haste and had little time to prepare a real army to defend themselves with and they had no chance to stand before our might.

Howeve I knw that if we stayed in the same place for too long the armies of Magog that were abroad would return in great haste and overrun us with sheer numbers. I ordered the attack immediately knowing the siege onagers we'd brought along would make all the difference in our ability to strike right away and take the initiative.

We assembled our two great armies on opposing sides of the city knowing that this would force the enemy to split their already outnumbered forces and give us a further advantage. But something seemed to lend the enemy an indomitable spirit and fear crept into the men's hearts as we neared the city. However we had only brought along the best of the best and they shook it off. One army drew up in ranks on the North side.

While on the south side under a different commander the second army stretched itself thin and was well over a mile long.

From the royal barracks' in the motherland the Sergeants came. Armed to the teeth and armored from head to toe they and their extra long spears and teardrop shields would prove an immovable block to the enemy's infantry.

Then there were the Teutonic knights. Realizing the desperate situation and the great evil that was amassing the entire order accompanied us to the battle field and they provided us with a great armored, horsed hammer with which to drive the enemy into oblivion. They're continous chants and prayers lightened the hearts of the men and seemed to level the playing field in this void of evil in which we found ourselves.

Almost the rival order of the Teutonic, a wing of Dracule were hired to help us finish the Satanae, and though the risk of them betraying us in this place of evil was great it was ultimately decided that we would need their help in vanquishing this place and that it might be best to fight fire with fire.

3 generals were present in this army as well including Reich Freawine himself. They and their retinue completed the triangle of cavalry that seemed present Religion, Anti-Religion and Nobility.

From the various woods and ranges across the empire a core of elite Longbowmen were drafted into this army as well. This brought much needed firepower to the army in the form of 240 Germanic longbows paired with the 80 Illuminati Longbows present an impressive shower of arrows could be put out.

And finally to complete the army that was present 4 mighty Onagers bearing the holy cross in HIS and it was a constant reminder of why the men were there, while the holiness of the fire and rock flung from these great war machines gave them power against the unholy walls of Pandemonium and gave them power to break down the walls.

However before the men could even advance another enemy army had already taken up position behind the main army and this threat had to be dealt with before anything else could be done. I instructed the archer corp to loose their arrows on the men approaching from the rear while the force of cavalry approached from the rear.

As the losses from the arrows mounted a combined charge from the Teutonic knights, the Dracule and the Nobles massed in a long line and began to charge the satanic slave army.

It was not long before the lines clashed, and with the teutonic knights in the lead they crushed the pitiful army of Magog with impunity and no losses on our side. A good start to a holy day of cleansing.

Call of Warhammer
    RIP

I actually didn't have the time to finish all this in one sitting and had to stop halfway i'll finish the other half soon!
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Chapter 9: continued

It was not long before our cavalry had crushed those who attacked us from behind and during that time our Onagers had gone to work destroying a section of the wall so that our men could stream in undeterred.

However immediately upon entering the wall resistance was encountered by priests from the order of Dumah, a warrior cult much like the Teutonic knights in infrastructure. But vastly different in terms of principal and ideals. They wielded a cross in mocking of the christian forces opposed to them and an axe with which to hew down infantry. Seeing the danger in this I sent in all my cavalry to crush them swiftly and utterly.

However despite the small victory we had it quickly became apparent that danger lurked around every corner and we would ave to be careful.

A full blown battle between our cavalry and the satanic infantry ensued and while it seemed apparent that it would be our men that would win the battle against the thiefs and cut throats they now faced

However at the height of the battle something happened, the enemies risked getting reinforcements from forces recently brought down from their walls and the cavalry forces were too preoccupied and caught up in their battle to see them coming.

Luckily by this time our infantry support had caught up to the fast moving cavalry and the sergeants in full phalanx formation stood between the cavalry and ambush saving many lives in the process.

It was not long before the entire army that was present broke ranks and fled our men. After the initial shock of the easy victory our mounted forces gave chase trying to catch the routers before they could rally at the city square, despite the generous head start.

Soon all the stood between our men and victory was the feeble garrison that occupied the city square not being to help themselves from taking the glory the noble warriors charged in ahead of the rest of the army and engaged what was left of their army.

However Satan's trump card was still present. The mighty Azeal, a dangerous assortment or evil men and man shaped beasts with martial prowess beyond that of normal men. The Satanic general stood ready and commanded his men to the battle already raging.

Almost instantly upon viewing the Azeal, the Teutonic order drew ranks and charged furiously at them in a blind rage seeking to utterly crush them and assert dominance over the Azeal forever by crushing them in the very place they were at their strongest. Pandemonium.

After brutal fighting and many losses the Teutonic knights cane out on top over the evil forces of the Azeal knights.

After the defeat of the Azeal the rest of the Satanae army broke like water on a rock and victory was claimed. However our work was not yet done and it was decided that we had destroy this place forever and prevent it from spawning more evil. The entire city was razed and cleansed in holy fire and prayer. All the buildings were torn down and no traces of existence was left.

However simply tearing down all the buildings was not enough and regretfully all the tainted living there had to be killed. Although it was gritty work it was holy and necessary work, and while no one appreciated it, all those that lived there were murderers, assassins, thieves and bandits and ruthless satanic worshipers. It had to be done in the name of purity and cleanliness.

And so end my retelling of the razing of Pandemonium and the rescue of Germanicae. Even as I finished my job of securing a light appeared to me.

A voice spoke saying "Mikhail Sorvinnus, on behalf of the holy father in heaven above we thank you. However there is another nation in another dimension very similar to your own but in dire straights. It is beleaguered with lycans and vampires among other nightbreeds. The talamascans there greatly require your help and savvy in destroying them" and I responded "But what of the empire? Of the motherland?!" and the voice answered me saying"Under your guidance Germanicae has become strong, it will form a coalition with Islamic peoples and under Freawine will drive the remaining Satanae off the face of the earth" accepting that the holy father had a greater design for me I step into the light. I think my journal is going to end now, learn what you can from my travels and life. I'm to go to another place and take up my work there, I leave you now, I wish luck to the world that it may prosper under the careful guidance of this coalition...

Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

good ending.

Was a bit disappointed the Satanae didn't put up a better resistance for Pandemonium. When I played against them even landing on the coast would bring a swarm of full stacks to drive me away.

Looking forward to where your adventures take you next..

Yea I shoulda waited another 2-3 turns I guess or toggle_Fow to see if any armies were coming. And yes that would be EOD 2 if I find the time/motivation. My plot hole? shifting dimensions takes time and mikhail sorvinnus is immortal so he has all the time in world
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

A very enjoyable read, your AAR! Hope to see more from you soon!
    +rep

thanks I may as well +rep you for being so the Lao Che ambassador . If only Germanicae and Lao could fight I wonder who'd win. Germanicae obviously they have an immortal/invicible person on their side
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by midterm360 View Post
    If only Germanicae and Lao could fight I wonder who'd win. Germanicae obviously they have an immortal/invicible person on their side
    Well, really just because of their immortal assistance...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast