Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mod wont start

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Default mod wont start

I cant get past that introduction screen when i start the mod.After 4 min or so it stops with no error popup.

reinstalled it twice
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Default Re: mod wont start

Nobody???
    I expected at least one post
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

And what says your system (Vista? XP?) log?

Under the patronage of m_1512

I have xp....where can i find that log? but i would not hope on anything

What is the bi update batchfile??
    When i run it,alot of files gone....and i get script error at line......
    So...what is it for?

About my ctd.Thats so weird i can see the Peaninsula Italica introsreen but then freezes or doesn't load on.

Anybody else with experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    I have xp....where can i find that log? but i would not hope on anything
    You can find it in control panel -> administrative tools -> there is something like 'event log'. Sometimes you can track what particular file causes the application to hang or freeze.
    What is the bi update batchfile??
    When i run it,alot of files gone....and i get script error at line......
    So...what is it for?
    I have no idea, I don't have it in my RTW folder. Did you patch your BI to 1.6?
    About my ctd.Thats so weird i can see the Peaninsula Italica introsreen but then freezes or doesn't load on.

Anybody else with experienced this?
    I didn't.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

I cant get past that introduction screen when i start the mod.After 4 min or so it stops with no error popup.

reinstalled it twice
    Hey, you sure you are following the installation instructions?
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

I am sure....
    Unrar the PIzip......and place the PI folder in the main RTW main folder.I would not get to the intro sreen of PI,when this folder where on a other place then the RTW mainfolder.And its 1.6 because i play 77bc also on this installation.
    I installed now 4 times.....not lol

What is the bi update batch in the PI folder???...because it deletes things....

And i dont think i have a corrupt download,it would be for the first time.

I think i have to wait for the 1.0 version....shame

Right click on the PI v0.86 file and then “extract here”. The content of the file will be extracted in the main game folder. Say yes when asked to overwrite.
    In order to unrar/unzip the content you have downloaded you need to have any of the following programs - WinRAR, Winzip, 7z or similar software installed on your PC. They are freeware and you can find them via google.

1.This isn't exactly the way...because when i unzip v0.86zip,i get a PI v0.86 folder,and in that folder is the PI folder.
    So installing the way you described....nobody could play then lol
    I have to take the PI folder out of the PI v0.86 folder,i would put that in the install instruction.On your pics there i cant see any PIv0.86 folder...only the zip and the PI folder.
    2.The only thing whats get overwritten is the bi intro right?
    Last edited by inquisitor; August 31, 2009 at 04:48 AM.

I don't know, I've installed PI on clean RTW+Alex+BI 1.6, after that I've installed EB and EAEM. Everything works. You've said you are using other mod. Maybe that's the reason you can't run PI? In that case only reinstalling everything will help, IMO.

I took a fresh bi 1.6 instalation with no other mod.....still the same...only the introduction screen of PI.
    Somehow i think the intro causes this prob....because that is the thing what should run after the PI screen.

And i cant believe i have a corrupt download.

inquisitor, to skip intro add -nm to command line.

Somehow i think the intro causes this prob....because that is the thing what should run after the PI screen.
    Nope, there is no intro in PI.

Guys, the one who helped me upload the mod again after original upload was down zipped the folder differently then I did. To install the mod properly you first need to extract the zipped file. Now open the extracted folder - there are the following things inside it: 2 folders named "BI" and "PI" together with "PAENINSULA ITALICA README.doc" and "Paeninsula Italica" shortcut. Copy this content into the main game folder. When asked to owerwrite say yes and then pla the mod. It will work!

I pmed you hister.......I did allready the copy/paste thing the right way....but still the same prob.

Wudang.....ehm check the PI bi file its definitely a intro.....thats the thing he ask you to overwrite.

Still the bi update batchfile is weird....i installed the mod on E...when i run the batchfile....it does something on C
    I hope your m8 who made the new zipfile didn't include some kind of trojan....

Pls download your file again,and try for yourself

Wudang.....ehm check the PI bi file its definitely a intro.....thats the thing he ask you to overwrite.
    Yes, the file is there, but there is no intro during loading. Nevertheless, PI works for me. I can even remove the file, there is no difference. So, I don't think that's the source of problem. If it comes to the batch file you are talking about, I've noticed its existence after you've said about such a thing. There is not a word in the forum about using or running the file. I don't touch it, and I don't think it should be run. So, don't.

The last time installed it...on a fresh 1.6 install,i didn't run the batchfile.
    Like i said....pls download the mod again,and try to run it....i need somebody who has downloaded from exactly the same link and confirm to me that the download is ok...
    You guys downloaded it from another link...
    Maybe the guy who uploaded the zip did something wrong.When i have a confirmation from somebody who has the same zip as i...and his game is running,then i need to download the mod again.

Okey, I will check it, and report here today yet.

Thx m8

I've downloaded it, and it is the same .rar package I've installed on my computer. And my PI works. So, it has to be something else...

Then i have to download it again....thx for checking out the link

Then i have to download it again....thx for checking out the link
    Hope you solve this problem this time around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast