Thread: Lacking something

Default Lacking something

firstly i want to say that i think the RS team have done an excellent job in creating roma surrectum and that i regard RS in the top 3 of my own personal favourite mods for RTW, and i really appreciate the time and effort they take into making these mods. But i cant help feeling that its lacking a certain something that i can only find in EB and im not sure what it is. RS is more fast paced and action packed than EB, but EB seems to be more solid and feels more rewarding when u win a critical battle.

To me RS feels more like an arcade version where as EB feels more like a realistic simulator even though it takes an age to play. I also notice that when both are played through BI that for some reason the AI in RS tends to do stupid stuff unlike EB for instance in RS the general tends to charge headfirst into a line of pikes but in EB he'll stay back or charge at a flank. Im not sure why since they are both using the same engine.

Does anyone else feel this?

This is not a slagging of thread at RS just my opinion so please dont take any offense its just constructive critiscm. Understand that even though i do rate EB as my number 1 mod that is packed with errors to.

What i really want to know is will RS 2 play more or less the same as RS 1.5 or will there be changes to make it more"solid" and less "arcady" ?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Lacking something

It sure will be a bit less arcady but not as slow passed as EB.
    Something in the middle you could say.

Also the Generals are behaving better in RS 2, all troops are behaving better in fact.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

If you don't like the Arcady battle feel, just play on 1 turn recruitment. Or just wait fro RS2
    I like pie.

Icon12 Re: Lacking something

I like the way that RS is created lots of different type units for different fractions. what is really lacking is the realism of roman recuiting their legions. i played RTRPE Ex and i like the way rome recuit their unit u could choose whether the city get roman citizenship to recuit legions or just free city where i only can recuit auxillias by building different barracks. It oso lack roman career path where a general cld climb up various appontments from tribune >>> consul >>> proconsuls. I believe the modders are working on it.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Flavius Constantius View Post
    I like the way that RS is created lots of different type units for different fractions. what is really lacking is the realism of roman recuiting their legions. i played RTRPE Ex and i like the way rome recuit their unit u could choose whether the city get roman citizenship to recuit legions or just free city where i only can recuit auxillias by building different barracks. It oso lack roman career path where a general cld climb up various appontments from tribune >>> consul >>> proconsuls. I believe the modders are working on it.
    Now those are very intersting ideas.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

As Leeham991 has posted try 1 turn recruitment rather than 0 turn recruitment - it's not a spam fest so you need to take more care of your armies (as there are less of them and they are harder to replace).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

you're gonna love what calvins creating he's genious is really showing on the traitwork he's doing now (not gonna tell anything or i'll get shot)

Atheist
    Quantum physics
    Paleonthology
    RSII Betatester
    Ultimate irony Quote by total relism:
    -this is the number one tactic of evolutionist hand waving they close there ears and eyes to any evidence they do not want to here.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

That sounds very promising!
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Icon11 Re: Lacking something

RS IS Also lacking in the 4turn per year thing....currently it takes 6mths which is eaual to a turn to require a unit. how cid it be.. coz in RTRPE/Ex it take a turn/3mths to do so. which is more realistic.. will 4turn/per year be implemented in RS2. CAN i ask can i import RTR 4turn/per years from RTRPE-Ex to RS 1.5. ? will the game be affect ?

Quote Originally Posted by marcoavgousti View Post
    firstly i want to say that i think the RS team have done an excellent job in creating roma surrectum and that i regard RS in the top 3 of my own personal favourite mods for RTW, and i really appreciate the time and effort they take into making these mods. But i cant help feeling that its lacking a certain something that i can only find in EB and im not sure what it is. RS is more fast paced and action packed than EB, but EB seems to be more solid and feels more rewarding when u win a critical battle.

To me RS feels more like an arcade version where as EB feels more like a realistic simulator even though it takes an age to play. I also notice that when both are played through BI that for some reason the AI in RS tends to do stupid stuff unlike EB for instance in RS the general tends to charge headfirst into a line of pikes but in EB he'll stay back or charge at a flank. Im not sure why since they are both using the same engine.

Does anyone else feel this?

This is not a slagging of thread at RS just my opinion so please dont take any offense its just constructive critiscm. Understand that even though i do rate EB as my number 1 mod that is packed with errors to.

What i really want to know is will RS 2 play more or less the same as RS 1.5 or will there be changes to make it more"solid" and less "arcady" ?
    I would almost agree with you, except that the campaign map and unit skins in RS are such that I can't look at EB or RTR without wanting to throw my Rome discs away. How can you play on that 8-bit mediterranean world?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

RS IS Also lacking in the 4turn per year thing....currently it takes 6mths which is eaual to a turn to require a unit. how cid it be.. coz in RTRPE/Ex it take a turn/3mths to do so. which is more realistic.. will 4turn/per year be implemented in RS2. CAN i ask can i import RTR 4turn/per years from RTRPE-Ex to RS 1.5. ? will the game be affect ?
    Lots of work is needed to implant that. We got the 0-turn instead.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Another reason for not going down the 4tpy road is that it apparently can mess us the traits and ancillaries.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I've never seen where 4TPY added anything of value to RTW. It makes the reforms come far too quickly, provides the player with more money, and exaggerates recruitment because you have twice as many turns where units are recruited. With RTW's basic lack of an 'end'...where you can play as long as you wish, nad virtually hundreds of turns even with 2TPY, it adds nothing but problems to have twice as many. RS2 will not have it, and it will be incompatible with the trait system.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I've never seen where 4TPY added anything of value to RTW. It makes the reforms come far too quickly, provides the player with more money, and exaggerates recruitment because you have twice as many turns where units are recruited. With RTW's basic lack of an 'end'...where you can play as long as you wish, nad virtually hundreds of turns even with 2TPY, it adds nothing but problems to have twice as many. RS2 will not have it, and it will be incompatible with the trait system.
    I agree with 4tpy not adding anything, but I think 3tpy adds a great deal -- it restores the proper seasonal balance and cuts down on graphically less interesting winter battles