Thread: Trying to install but am having trouble...

Default Trying to install but am having trouble...

This is what I did:

1. Installed RTW (Gold Edition)
    2. Installed BI (Gold Edition)
    3. Installed patch 1.6
    4. Went into to the C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War and copied bi, pasted it, and renamed it rio
    5. Downloaded Rio_VII_installer; installed it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    6. Downloaded Rios_IBFD_VII.5__Beyond_Ry; installed it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    7. Downloaded Rio's IBFD BRIG II EXPANSION;installed it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

Am I missing something? Someone please write out EXTREMELY CLEAR AND SIMPLE instructions, as if you were speaking to an 80 year old computer illiterate on the phone who needs IT help. Every step by step instruction would be nice. I desperately want to play this mod

Default Re: Trying to install but am having trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by saber View Post
    This is what I did:

1. Installed RTW (Gold Edition)
    2. Installed BI (Gold Edition)
    3. Installed patch 1.6
    4. Went into to the C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War and copied bi, pasted it, and renamed it rio
    5. Downloaded Rio_VII_installer; installed it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    6. Downloaded Rios_IBFD_VII.5__Beyond_Ry; installed it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    7. Downloaded Rio's IBFD BRIG II EXPANSION;installed it to C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

Am I missing something? Someone please write out EXTREMELY CLEAR AND SIMPLE instructions, as if you were speaking to an 80 year old computer illiterate on the phone who needs IT help. Every step by step instruction would be nice. I desperately want to play this mod
    Download section:
    ++RIO'S IBFD MOD DOWNLOADS++

Where did you get those instructions above saber

Way too much stuff your Dl, like three mods. Just need to Dl the Rio's IBFD BRIG II EXPANSION

RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION Mod Switcher:
    INSTALLER
    RIOS_IBFD_BRG_II_EXPANSION.exe (File Front)

1- clean 1.6 bi. installation
    2- Within the rtw folder copy the bi and change the copied bi folder to rio
    3- installer- Install RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 29, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Ok I finally got the game to work. Rio, I cannot sing praises of your name enough! Your mod is simply great. I've been playing it all day as the WRE and it is CHALLENGING. Just a few questions though:

1. Loyalty is no longer something a player has to be concerned with, correct? When I disinherit a faction heir, I get the -3 loyalty comment in his profile.

2. I find it difficult to set taxes on high because I have little troops and cannot afford larger garrisons and thus, my populations balloon very rapidly. Any tips on this?

3. It seems that that the mod has a high penalty for distances away from capital. Is this correct?

4. What are the triggers for the various offices/titles?

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Ok I finally got the game to work. Rio, I cannot sing praises of your name enough! Your mod is simply great. I've been playing it all day as the WRE and it is CHALLENGING. Just a few questions though:
    Glad that you succeeded! Which Campaign are playing with WRE?

1. Loyalty is no longer something a player has to be concerned with, correct? When I disinherit a faction heir, I get the -3 loyalty comment in his profile.
    I think useless to suggest to not give any units to your disinherit heir or let him live in a town, there is anyway the possibility that he rebels… If you want to disinherit a faction heir, what I can suggest is to exchange his ancillaries with others members/generals (it’s enough to have them together). I always make it to give the best ancillaries to Members/Generals due to fight and to Members/Generals due to cities’ management… it can be annoying, but you will have some plus for that. Finally take care about all Members/Generals’ religion…

2. I find it difficult to set taxes on high because I have little troops and cannot afford larger garrisons and thus, my populations balloon very rapidly. Any tips on this?
    3. It seems that that the mod has a high penalty for distances away from capital. Is this correct?
    You have found one of the "main features" Rio’s mods… the population happyness management.
    Along all your campaign you will have to "micromanage" buildings due to economy/law/happyness/health: every time you will have to decided which building, I suggest to open the town menu and look carefully at it. Even after 20 years of green faces, you could have red faces in few turns…
    Taxes and distance from capital influence happyness, so to set high taxes, mainly at the beginning, can increase unhappy people causing riotings and then rebellions or oblige to build for happyness when you have decided to focus the town to economy… Distance gives penalties (corruption) but "law buildings can match them, but don’t forget happyness and economy. When you start your conquests I suggest to capture firstly the enemy capital or proceed with the most direct linne to it: it will take more turns to make population happy (be prepared to re-capture it), but once got yellow face, you wil see the economy grow quickly and even the towns around will get bonuses…

4. What are the triggers for the various offices/titles?
    Mainly battles I think… As an example fighting and winning against Barbarians, your Member/General will have the Barbarian Turncoat trait, that give bonuses to your Member/General and his troops fighting Barbarians.
    It’s true that even succesfully managing towns gives specific traits to your Member/General that can improve the government features, but I noticed that it happens much less than winning battles and capturing cities…

I hope to have been useful, even a little, but feel free to ask ...

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Mainly battles I think… As an example fighting and winning against Barbarians, your Member/General will have the Barbarian Turncoat trait, that give bonuses to your Member/General and his troops fighting Barbarians.
    It’s true that even succesfully managing towns gives specific traits to your Member/General that can improve the government features, but I noticed that it happens much less than winning battles and capturing cities…

I hope to have been useful, even a little, but feel free to ask ...
    No, I mean titles such as Magister Militum. In my first campaign, Ricimer died and I was not sure how to recover the title. So what are the triggers for getting the titles? What are all of the titles and their triggers in the mod? Thanks.

No, I mean titles such as Magister Militum. In my first campaign, Ricimer died and I was not sure how to recover the title. So what are the triggers for getting the titles? What are all of the titles and their triggers in the mod? Thanks.
    The trigger for that:
    Trigger trigger_office_magister_militum_west
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition FactionType empire_west
    and EndedInSettlement
    and SettlementBuildingExists = circus_maximus
    and IsGeneral
    and not IsFactionHeir
    and not IsFactionLeader
    and Attribute Command >= 4
    and Attribute Influence >= 3
    and Attribute Loyalty >= 3
    and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists office_magister_militum_west
    AcquireAncillary office_magister_militum_west chance 66

In regards to population in the next upgrade I focused a great deal on this. Care and attention will be needed to keep your cities from depopulating

Thank you for the reply and I love the game! Are there any other titles that remain from BI vanilla or titles that were put into this mod (and their triggers if there are)? Thanks.

Edit 1: Ok nevermind After doing a lot of digger, I finally found the place to find all of the titles. Thanks.

Edit 2: Ok, one last question. Historically, what is the difference between the psudeo-comitatenses and the comitatenses engineer? Or is that just a game thing? Why not just have regular comitatenses instead of comitatenses engineers?
    Last edited by saber; August 31, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

Thank you for the reply and I love the game! Are there any other titles that remain from BI vanilla or titles that were put into this mod (and their triggers if there are)? Thanks.

Edit 1: Ok nevermind After doing a lot of digger, I finally found the place to find all of the titles. Thanks.

Edit 2: Ok, one last question. Historically, what is the difference between the psudeo-comitatenses and the comitatenses engineer? Or is that just a game thing? Why not just have regular comitatenses instead of comitatenses engineers?
    Glad you love the game saber

Psudeo-comitatenses were sort of in in between between the limitanei and the regular comitatenses ...possibly advanced or promoted limitanei.

Comitatenses engineer are the fabri units..a very special elite unit that have highly specialized engineering capabilities. They are the only units that can sap in the game