Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Olog-hai vs Uruk-hai Berserkers

Default Re: Olog-hai vs Uruk-hai Berserkers

Berserkers are strenght based and trolls to the only problem is that trolls got just to few to kill berserkers fast enough Olog-hai can beat every unit easy except berserker and ents...
    Also berserkers are swordman and trolls are swordmen to and that makes that trolls dont have advantage.

Trolls don't always use swords. They prefer clubs, maces and morningstars, some of them even use spears in battle, but swords come to those who are quite intelligent Olog Hai i think, you saw the small Olog Hai at the Battle of Black Gate, that Troll was just really small compared to the other giants and if he uses a sword and none of attack trolls that charged to the gates after gate was broken in minas tirith, that basicly seems like they prefer swords lesser, if i was a troll i would prefer a mace or a morningstar, since i am so big and i can kill multiple enemies at once, i would not use a sword, a sword no matter what quality it can be, it can always still break, or bend, if you do not have good edge alignment even if you have no armor it will only crack your bones that might not kill you even with your super troll strength.

Berserkers on the other hand like to go and kill, thats it, they don't want to see another day, they just want to kill and they might even know that they are gonna die after battle, maybe Sarumans Sorcery have done stuff to them. They are more like shock troops but as a minute uruk basicly, they will die after being surrounded thats not the point, they will hit and do massive damage, i think trolls will kill them but i do not expect trolls to go without some death kin around.

Olog Hai's are really smart, they are smartest Trolls in Arda, i guess some of them even led some detachment of orc raiding parties. There are also some Olog Hai looking just like in BFME Attack Trolls, these were i think the berserker way of the trolls, or lets say the shock troops.

Either way i think the edge goes to Olog Hai here, they are just too massive, even if there are gaps in their armour their skin is so thick it might just bounce off or get stuck. Sure if you send 20 Olog Hai againts 20 uruk hai berserkers, you might just lose 10 Olog Hai of 20 but the victor is still the victor.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerJohn View Post
    Okay, picture this bad situation: You're shot by an arrow in your left arm.
    You're fearless, so you CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!! without caring that you may die.
    It's not an intellegent or good reaction, it's a foolish and fearless (brave) reaction.

No, by my definition, fearless is to not be afraid of anything, and only a fool isn't afraid of anything! You can be afraid of something (like heights, or death), but still face it (like climbing mountains or charge, although taking good care of yourself in both situations - better than if you weren't afraid, I think). There is a reason we have fear, fear makes us react in a way that can save our lives! Now, a dead soldier means less to an army than a living soldier! A fighting soldier means more than a shot soldier!

I don't see how you can claim that it is intellegent to don't be afraid of anything or anyone. I just don't get it!
    Fearless does not mean they would throw their life away, they just are not afraid of it... Fearless can still think what is best approach, but if approach needs courage, they have the advantage. And warfare needs courage. As an example i take little out of the place example, but it is real example from real life: During Napoleonic wars there were bayonet charges with 0 casualties. Nobody wants to get hit with bayonet, so better run away. So fearless bayonet charge just caused you 0 casualties. Then again, if you hold your ground (and rest of the soldiers), bayonet charge can easily be halted with volley of musket fire.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Much like the other thread with a similar theme, ana under the same reasoning, this thread shall also be CLOSED.

Garo arad vaer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234