Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olog-hai vs Uruk-hai Berserkers

Default Re: Olog-hai vs Uruk-hai Berserkers

lurtz wasn't a beserker, he was an early-bred, smart, strong uruk. beserkers were the 'lol, let's take a torch and jump on a pile of bombs'-guys. and yeah, they didn't exist in the books, but neither did lurtz. (though they're both lore-acceptable, i'd say)

Lurtz got by aragorn and gimly and legolas were like and Boromir was like
    a little off topic but it was fun .
    The signature is being constructed

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Blackorc View Post
    Thats the point Berserkers aren't avarage orcs, Lurtz was also smart for A orc and obey every command from Saruman
    First, Lurtz didn't exist.
    Second, berserkers didn't really appear either.
    Third, berserkers are dumb, they aren't exactly using strategies or tactics, they are more like "charge, first one dead is a coward, last one to enter fight is the same!" type of unit.
    Fourth, you don't have to be smart to obey everything someone else tells you to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
    Owned is A big worth, Aragorn nearly died in the movie
    He won because Aragorn is just great swordmaster and Lurtz rely on strength.

I know dude i was just joking .
    The signature is being constructed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
    yay
    "...and all the men and women merely players."

I think the extra hitpoints are to reflect that you can beat the heck out of berserkers and fill them with arrows (that would kill other creatures) and they just keep on ticking.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by P|A|ntZ View Post
    I think the extra hitpoints are to reflect that you can beat the heck out of berserkers and fill them with arrows (that would kill other creatures) and they just keep on ticking.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nice supportive picture...
    Now a supportive quote from the books?

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerJohn View Post
    Look , if you only follow lore , then you might as well take half the Isengard roster out , inluding the Berserkers . but Isengard already has almost no units , so why taking away one of the special , nice , fun ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    Look , if you only follow lore , then you might as well take half the Isengard roster out , inluding the Berserkers . but Isengard already has almost no units , so why taking away one of the special , nice , fun ones ?
    I know that, and I see why we should keep them out, but since they aren't in lore, I don't think they should be OP.

As most people acknowledge, TATW is substantially a blend of Tolkien books and the PJ LoTR movies. That picture is how berzerkers are perceived - I didn't claim it was evidence. I'm submitting conjecture for how the mods made a good design/balance decision based on the popular concept of what a berzerker is.

Quote Originally Posted by P|A|ntZ View Post
    As most people acknowledge, TATW is substantially a blend of Tolkien books and the PJ LoTR movies. That picture is how berzerkers are perceived - I didn't claim it was evidence. I'm submitting conjecture for how the mods made a good design/balance decision based on the popular concept of what a berzerker is.
    I've always thought that the major reason they said that they base it off of both is because that way they can use 2D parts and a few units from the movies without being attacked by the purists...

First, Lurtz didn't exist.
    Second, berserkers didn't really appear either.
    Third, berserkers are dumb, they aren't exactly using strategies or tactics, they are more like "charge, first one dead is a coward, last one to enter fight is the same!" type of unit.
    Fourth, you don't have to be smart to obey everything someone else tells you to do.
    I know Lurtz didn't exist but there were other orcs like him
    Second berserker is just a name for fearless orcs.
    And third why are berserker supposed to be dumb.....?

I know Lurtz didn't exist but there were other orcs like him
    Second berserker is just a name for fearless orcs.
    And third why are berserker supposed to be dumb.....?
    You mean Ugluk? Well, yeah, but he wasn't that "hardcore"... neither was Aragorn...
    Okay... then why rip off all armor except the helmet?
    Why are they supposed to be smart? No intellegent person is fearless!

You mean Ugluk? Well, yeah, but he wasn't that "hardcore"... neither was Aragorn...
    Okay... then why rip off all armor except the helmet?
    Why are they supposed to be smart? No intellegent person is fearless!
    I don't say they are intelligent but they are not dumb either they understand Saruman order well.
    And fearless is a part of beeing intelligent because you can react in bad situations well.

I don't say they are intelligent but they are not dumb either they understand Saruman order well.
    And fearless is a part of beeing intelligent because you can react in bad situations well.
    Okay, picture this bad situation: You're shot by an arrow in your left arm.
    You're fearless, so you CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!! without caring that you may die.
    It's not an intellegent or good reaction, it's a foolish and fearless (brave) reaction.

No, by my definition, fearless is to not be afraid of anything, and only a fool isn't afraid of anything! You can be afraid of something (like heights, or death), but still face it (like climbing mountains or charge, although taking good care of yourself in both situations - better than if you weren't afraid, I think). There is a reason we have fear, fear makes us react in a way that can save our lives! Now, a dead soldier means less to an army than a living soldier! A fighting soldier means more than a shot soldier!

I don't see how you can claim that it is intellegent to don't be afraid of anything or anyone. I just don't get it!

If you got 10.0000 soldiers and you see 1 troll and you are all scared and run away you call that intelligent?

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I tried this out and the Uruk-Kai Berserker unit was utterly trounced by the Olog-Kai, they lost a few Trolls though.

The Berserker's were fearless because they were Inbred Mad, Bravery had nothing to do with it, they were violently insane like Serial Killers, without self-control that the average Urak-Kai Warriors had.. They were just set lose on any unsuspecting Army Line because they'd do it without thinking like rabid dogs.
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; September 01, 2009 at 01:06 PM.

Irish guy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomur89 View Post
    Do you have any submods?

You tested this or you say how it should be?
    Sorry late reply, but yes I tested it, and no I don't have any sub mods besides immortal Nazgul.

If you got 10.0000 soldiers and you see 1 troll and you are all scared and run away you call that intelligent?
    No, I never said that, I said that one soldier running against the enemy and getting shot is intellegent if he takes cover.
    Don't exaggarate, in your example I would call the 100.000 soldiers intellegent if they charged as one force, (seemingly animated by one spirit - as a quote in RTW puts it), while the troll is apparently intellegent if he chooses to not fight that battle... which I doubt him to be, though.

In a battle between berserkers and trolls, the whole situation should come down to raw strength, and I think the trolls should win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast