Thread: After Action, Multiplayer and Custom Battle, and Video Reports

Indefinitely Banned

Default After Action, Multiplayer and Custom Battle, and Video Reports

Greetings fellow RTR fans, welcome to the relaunch of our After Action Report forum. We have been considering reintroducing an area dedicated to your RTR based AAR's for some time because, while it might have made sense to centralise this type of activity, the team did feel that we lost a good bit of our colour and flavour from our forum when all your existing reports were hived off and taken away.

So that is one reason why we have decided to bring an AAR section back, but there is another as to why we are doing it now, and that is FOE! Good progress is being testing our new baby and the finish line is getting closer, and we want you to see the stage that we are at. So we have commissioned three members of our team, Legio, Switch and Theodotus I, to write and present to you an after action report using an advanced version of the FOE beta.

These AAR's will not only show you and give you a real taste of what FOE is about, but it will also be an opportunity to show you how the new gameplay elements integrate with the traditional RTW/RTR way of doing things. But that is not an end of it. We also want to use this new forum to bring you Multiplayer and Custom Battle reports, and fan sourced videos, and to launch this side of things we present a report on an MP battle fought between Switch and DukeCanada using FOE. It's an epic clash between the forces of Rome and the Cisalpine Gauls, so we hope you enjoy it.

Finally, I would like to empahasise that, while we are using this new area to bring you a taste of FOE, it is essentially your piece of turf. Please feel free to post any AAR, battle report, video or indeed anything that you think would entertain and inform us.

Thanks for reading this, now it's over to you ...!
    Last edited by Tony83; August 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM.

Default Re: After Action, Multiplayer and Custom Battle, and Video Reports

Great news! I'm looking forward to FoE.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Looking forwards to this.

Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

hmmmmm so FOE is all done?

Indefinitely Banned

I wish! While the current beta is quite playable there are still quite a number of things that need polishing and testing, but we are getting there.

Well, this certainly should whet our appetite
    I have two questions, though. First, are the Cisalpine Gauls named so in-game as well? Perhaps choosing one of the bigger tribes (the Insubres and Boii spring to mind) as a faction representative would increase immersion.
    Second, are there gonna be faction specific reforms? I tried out EB recently and striving to fulfill the reform conditions and using the benefits after that certainly added to the gameplay.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

When I saw this page I thought FOE had just been released. Damn you for deceiving me!!!!!!!!

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Cisalpine Gauls repesent the two tribes, the Insubres and Boii.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

when do u expect it to be done?

Indefinitely Banned

Lol - that is to $64,000 question, Agamimas. We can't give a definite date yest, as there is still more to do, but we are getting close.

Incidentally, welcome to TWC.

ty nice to see its coming along

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Thracian View Post
    When I saw this page I thought FOE had just been released. Damn you for deceiving me!!!!!!!!

Aww! Never mind. It won't be long now.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Aww! Never mind. It won't be long now.
    Hi Tony,

Fantastic news !

Indefinitely Banned

yes, we are getting closer and closer.

Medieval 2: Total War AAR (Not really): The Danish Campain- The hero
    I was playing as the English and the Danes treacherously attacked my city of Antwerp. I made peace after the third attack and took Magdeburg through diplomacy (AI stupidity) which the Danes took from the Germans. Years later, I anticipated this aggression again and twice the city of Magdeburg was laid under siege by the Danes. I lifted the first siege and didn't counterattack because I was busy "protecting" my vassal France from the relentless and ruthless Sicily and besides, the AI is pathetic. During those two sieges one captain stood firm, Capt. Anselm successfully repelling the invaders and I adopted him with two-star rank. After the second siege, like Alexander got p*ssed off by the Persians, I finally put Gen.Anselm in charge of eliminating the Danes first by repelling their armies on stand-by in my territory then taking the Danish capital Arhus. Two turns later, Anselm took the shortcut to Oslo by ship and suffered few casualties. Anselm marched to their final stronghold, Stockholm castle. He encountered a big army compose mostly of militias which obviously been defeated. He finally laid siege to Stockholm. I ordered him to wait for a few turns so that the hostile numbers dwindle. After 3 turns I assaulted the castle. I manage to kill the king. I was so confident of victory that I disregarded the fact that my general bodyguards' are tired and charged the spearmen. It was a horrific mistake, Anselm died. We eliminated the Danes but at the cost of my favourite and brilliant general's life. I was going to put him in charge on my planned campaign against the Mongols. Now I learned one thing in military like in Agincourt, pride kills.

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Strategist.com, welcome to TWC. I hope you gave General Anselm a suitable viking's funeral.

Hi there, I'm new to this forum thingy and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a hotseat mod for RTR as I really want to get a couple of friends playing?

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Nanoflux, welcome to TWC.

I don't know that this is the best place to ask your question, but you might like to try the RTW Multiplayer Section. I think that may be you best chance of finding kindred spirits.

Good luck!

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

There is a RTR Platinum hotseat campaign being played atm in the Augustus sub forum. You can check it out here

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoflux View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to this forum thingy and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a hotseat mod for RTR as I really want to get a couple of friends playing?

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place