Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My work...

Default My work...

Well, since the Fraps thing didnt' mention that I could only take a limited number of screenshots, I've decided to waste time by showing you all the photoshoping I've done with Rome: Total War. And some screenies. If you have any tips for me, post 'em in my Instructions Don't Help thread...or here, don't matter.

So, the first batch are just screenshots I took, editited to look better, and now give captions to.

"We Romans go marching one-by-one hurrah! Hurrah!..."

"Roma Victa!"

This is something I made for fun, merging Star Wars with Rome: Total War. I call it:
    Rome: Total Pwnage

And now here are a series of signatures I made. They're too big for these forums, but that's cause I made them for use at a forum that allows bigger sigs. LoL, Enjoy!

Hope you liked them!
    Maximus Lazero
    Why is it that at least one of the Romans are wusses?

Indefinitely Banned

Very nice! I really like the signature pics, i would use one if my sig wasnt already pretty full.

were those all your pics?(i think some were CA . . . ) first of all i must say that you should take more interesting ones and take off the banners (go onto your rtw directory and open the "prefrences" txt file and find the SHOW_BANNERS: TRUE change it to false. its better cause no one in history went to war with a huge "disapearing" banner on their head. and use movie cam-just a few tips

Libertus

Those sigs are hilarious, great job!
    "Therefore, a wise prince shall seek means by which his subjects will always, and in every possible condition of things, have need of his government. And then they shall always be faithful to him." -Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly5
    were those all your pics?(i think some were CA . . . )

first of all i must say that you should take more interesting ones

and take off the banners (go onto your rtw directory and open the "prefrences" txt file and find the SHOW_BANNERS: TRUE change it to false. its better cause no one in history went to war with a huge "disapearing" banner on their head. and use movie cam-just a few tips
    1. Yes, with the exception of the first two pix and the last sig, all of those I got from GameSpot.com. Why? 'cause I didn't have Rome: Total War when I made those sigs and all. I only had the demo (which is where the last sig came from).

2. Hmm...well, as I stated in the first post, I only posted THESE because Fraps didn't record all of the pics I wanted it to..so I can't do a battle scene. Bah...

3. Actually, most armies did go into battle with banners, just no ones that were stuck to their heads and disappeared. Maybe I'll remove the banners when I do replays for pix.
    Maximus Lazero

you mean that you only have the demo?! or do you have the game and you took those pics during the demo? and fraps should be able to take as many photos as possible, why cant you take a full battle?

OK, here's what happened:
    Those sigs I made about 3-4 months ago, when I only had the demo and not the full game. Now I have the full game. And only ONE of those sigs was made using the demo (the last one). The first 2 pix are from the real game, and the rest I got from www.gamespot.com

Now, as for fraps....if you're saying that the DEMO (which is really what it is) is supposed to take as many pix, well, I only got to 35 or so before it stopped taking any more. -_-'
    Maximus Lazero

wait . . . you only got the demo of fraps? you should've gotten the real version . . . strange . . . wait-you took 35 pics already?! prehaps you should google fraps and try to find the downloadable full version, strange, i got it free-twice.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course, you DID give me the link for the one I use now -_-'

oh yeah and I got all my battle screenies, about 40-50 total. So just lemme photoshop and I'll put 'em up!
    Maximus Lazero

Alllrighty. After spending the last two days at my late grandmother's house helping to clean it up, I'm now back to provide my battle pix! Enjoy!

Synopsis (imagine the English narrator's voice): Winter, 135 B.C. (ok, it's some random date I came up with).
    Over the past year, an army of Germanic warriors has terrorized the province of Noricum. Now aided by Sycthian reinforcements, the Germans have crossed the Alps and begun to march on Rome itself! The Senate has decided to call upon the Julii family to put an end to the invasion once and for all. The Julii send an army of its finest men to defeat the barbarians. The Senate, however, decides to send one of it's younger officers to the battle. The expectation is that while the Julii do the heaviest fighting, their army and captain can get field experience firsthand. After days of skirmishes and manuevering, the armies meet at the Southwater Ridge.

The Julii consists of four Urban Cohorts, four Legionary 1st Cohorts, five cohorts of Praetorian cvalary, and two cohorts each of trarii spearmen, auxiliary archers, light auxilia, and Roman cavalry.

Commanding the army is general Marcus Julius Decimus, along with his bodyguard.

The Senate army is a mix of legionaries, auxiliaries, and Praetorians, under the command of captain Arulius Gaius.

The German army is a large group of spearmen and their wives, who have come to support them in battle with their screeches.

It was learned before the battle that their leader was the warlord Gaiseric the Bloody (the Romans can only imagine where he got the title).

The Germans' Scythian allies are a group of four warlords who have decided to join together and aid the Germans in their quest to conquer the might of Rome.

The most powerful of the warlords, Arame, is put in command of their army.

And so the scene is set for the battle that could decide the very course of history itself!

*more pix later, I gtg to bed now *

P.S. *sigh* well, it seems that photobucket has gone and resized my pix..again. So, if you guys want to see them at the original size, just ask, and I'll begin the lengthy task that ImageShack will lay out for me. (uploading SEVENTY-SIX pix one at a time...especially with my internet. But an artist's got to do what the crowd wants) Enjoy!
    Maximus Lazero

Indefinitely Banned

those are looking very good, much better than mine. :original:

are you using the movie cam? i cant really tell . . . but nice pics!

(now you know how i feel with rome vs sparta and why its a 5 part story . . . [ahhh! tooo long! and i have to do them 1 by 1 by1byb1yby1by1!)

No, I'm not using the movie cam. Only on like 4 pix am I using that, simply 'cause I already had them. Anyways, onwards!

The different armies move into position on opposite sides of the ridge. Scouts indicate that the Julii have the Scythians in front of them, and the Germans are marching towards Captain Gaius. General Decimus quickly comes up with a plan. The area of the hills that his army is marching towards has only a small group of trees in which to hide his men. As fast as he can, he arrays his troops in and around the woods.
    The plan is to use vulnerable light auxilia and archers to get the Scythians' attention.

The Romans hope that the Scythians will charge directy towards the missile troops, at which point the archers will retreat and the legionaries, hidden in the woods, will charge out and surprise the Scythian cavalry.

To help focus the Scythians' attention on the "weak point" in their line, Decimus arrays most of his cavalry to the left of the woods, along with his bodyguard, and the rest are hidden on his far right flank amongst the trees.

Perplexing to the the Julii is the way that Captain Gaius has arrayed his troops.

Decimus himself can see little point in it, but has no time. The enemy armies have been spotted, and they're coming toward the Romans!

The Senate army immediately starts charging towards the woods to meet the Germans on the other side as their heavy onagers attempt to fire over and through the trees.
    The Scythians, meanwhile, appear to have taken a great interest in the Julii "weak point." The Triarii are all that's guarding the archers, but they are confident. Word is sent to General Decimus of the possible action.

This turns into near disaster for the Romans. With Decimus' attention turned towards his right flank, he fails to notice the Scythian charge on his left!

Bitter fighting ensues, but the Roman cavalry, better trained, organized, and equipted than their Scythian adversaries, begins to turn back the charging horsemen.

On the right flank, the Scythians begin charging the archers. However, faced with the many arrows, javelins, and now spearmen counter-charging them, the Scythians break and rout back!

While on the left flank, the Romans begin chasing back the retreating Scythians. Amongst the confusion, however, Arame manages to escape the battlefield.

But with the Roman cavalry chasing away the Scythians, there is nothing protecting the archers' rear, as a group of Scythians quickly discover!

While at the same time women headhunters charge the line! The Romans are thrown into chaos!

As the Julii right threatens to crumble, the Senate and German armies have finally met in the middle of the forest along the west side of the ridge.

Back on the Julii front, their spearmen, trying to run off the cavalry attacking their archers, is in turn attacked from the rear by more cavalry!

To make matters worse, only one unit of horsemen were able to turn back to help, as the rest are under attack by more Scythians!

Finally, Decimus is able to order the waiting (and hiding) legionaries forward. Quickly they charge out, five hundred and seventy-two seasoned Romans, and with them come the waiting cavalry from the right flank! The Scythians are quickly routed!

At the same time, things are all but quite on the western front. Rashly, the inexperianced captain has sent his troops into a headlong charge. Some even towards German phalanxes!

Gaius himself charges headlong into heavy infantry, dreams of glory in his mind!

However, his rashness begins costing the Romans heavily.

And as more infantry come to reinforce the screeching women...

Gaius is unhorsed....

And slain.

Back east, the Scythians continue to be driven back by the Romans' flaming arrows, thwarting their attempts at regrouping.

As the archers do their work, Decimus has his men reform into their battle lines.

The Senate army, suffering heavy casualties, begins to break apart. Gaps in the line appear, through which the Germans put more phalanxes. Units begin to get separated and surrounded!

Those that aren't separated are still unable to break the Germanic spearmen lines, or defeat their heavy infantry.

Finally, Decimus orders his cavalry to charge the Scythians, and route them once and for all!

While the Senate army finally begins to break and rout.

Some units attempt to return to the battle to aid those still standing their ground.

But they find that only one cohort is still standing, surrounded by Germanic berserkers and spearmen...

Back east, the Julii break off their attack on the Scythians, convinced that they have been forced into a retreat.

On the west side of the ridge, the Romans finally break as Gaiseric the Bloody charges his bodyguard headlong into them!

The Senate army begins its retreat, covered by one last unit of archers that holds its ground.

Gaiseric orders his men to chase the retreating Romans off the field. They must not regroup!

And his soldiers do so with glee...

Gaiseric and his few remaining bodyguards even charge the Roman archers, disrupting their covering fire...

..but three dozen men with knives isn't an idea thing for three horsmen to charge into.

And Gaiseric orders a fall back....

..so that he can...reform his men!

Back east, the Julii recieve word of the Senate retreat, and with a quick glance to the west, General Decimus quickly orders his men to turn towards the incoming threat of several German phalanxes!

As the Germans march forward, archer auxilia begin raining arrows down on them, but with little noticeable effect.

Back in position, the Romans prepare for the German spearmen to attack. But Decimus has other plans, which he relays to his unit commanders...

Suddenly, the cavalry on Decimus' right flank charge towards the phalanxes, but at the last moment swerve to the right and into the woods!

And there they plan to hit the Germans from the rear!

The plan goes into motion, as Decimus orders his triarii to charge the Germans...

Who suddenly find themselves between the hammer and the anvil! An instant rout

On the left flank, Roman cavalry deals with the remaining German women...

And on the left flank the cavlary chases back some annoying archers...

The German spearmen, seeing that they are now surrounded, begin retreating...

But not before the Julii wipe them out!

With the spearmen being mopped up by the infantry, Decimus turns his cavalry toward the remaining German archers...

The archers flee, but are no match for the speed of horses! As the Romans emerge on the other side of the wood, they spot the last of the German army!

But as the Romans charge toward the Germans, they fail to notice a lone horsemen riding through the fields....

It's Gaiseric the Bloody! His bodyguard slain by Senate archers, he quickly begins galloping off the field. If he escapes, he'll return north and form another army! What's more, the Senate has promised a great reward for the soldiers who bring them his head...

But it seems that Gaiseric has managed to escape yet another battle unscathed....

"Commander! I think there's a barbarian riding through the wheat over there!"

And so the two whole units of Roman cavalry begin chasing after the lone barbarian horseman...

While the rest of the Julii army finishes off what's left of the Germans.

Gaiseric is confident that, despite being pursued, he has enough distance to make it off the battlefield and hide from the Romans!

However, his horse is exhausted from constant running in the battle, whereas the Roman cavalry is only just warmed up! They close the gap quickly...

...and....

...kill him.

Gaiseric is now truely, bloody!

The battle is a bloody one, with dead men and women strewn all over Southwater Ridge.
    The Julii went into battle with 1463 men. They suffered 170 men killed. But the Scythians, with an army of just over a thousand, lost 955 men.

The Senate army suffered incredible casualties, going from an army of 1328 men to 297, with Captain Gaius among the slain. However, they slain Romans took with them over one thousand of the German army's estimated 1400 men, allowing the Julii to quickly defeat those that remained. In the end, the Romans counted 1405 dead Germanic warriors.

The battle ended in clear victory for the Romans, and the Germans and Scythians were not to bother Rome again for years to come.

---The End---
    Maximus Lazero

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

Good story! I would suggest that in the future you get some new skins, so as to spice up your pictures. I would also suggest that you use the movie_cam more. Otherwise, an excellent job!
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

yeah, this was more or less a trial story, just to get things going. The problem with the movie cam is that I don't know how to move side to side. I have to take forever to move the camera forward, THEN move it around...not fun.
    Maximus Lazero

use the < and> arrow keys to spin your view. you cant move side to side (a little anoying), you to spin your view , move forward and then spin back to move side to side. use the / and * buttons to move up and down and the - and + keys to spin up and down. hope that helps.

Man the Julii crushed them.Nice battle.

That was a really great battle. May I recommend that you download webbird's skinpack? It has excellent skins for most factions.

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=494

Here is the link for it.

if ANYONE can tell me how to uninstall the SPQR mod, I'll be happy!
    Maximus Lazero

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast