Thread: Should/Could NTW have Imperial Glory style Diplomacy?

Default Should/Could NTW have Imperial Glory style Diplomacy?

If anyone that played IG in 2005 remember that the IG Diplomacy actually had some really good options..for a game in 18th-19th Centuries and also one in 2005, no matter the crapiness of the game, it had really good ideas that could be implemented into NTW:

A few Examples(If my memory serves me... I could use help if you remember them)

-Coalition(Able to make one with various countries)
    -Liberate A Country(?)(Like if Russia takes Poland or Moldavia.. You as Austria or Prussia etc could take it back and give the Poles a country back but with conditions..An Alliance, Trade, etc.

Thats all I can remember right now...

Anymore are welcome!

Default Re: Should/Could NTW have Imperial Glory style Diplomacy?

both those suggestions should be implemented, but you know how it works. the less and the simpler the diplomacy is, the less change ca has to botch it. and i have to agree with their methods. i don't think they're ready to make any substantive improvements to the ai or diplomacy. maybe for the game after ntw.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    If anyone that played IG in 2005 remember that the IG Diplomacy actually had some really good options..for a game in 18th-19th Centuries and also one in 2005, no matter the crapiness of the game, it had really good ideas that could be implemented into NTW:

A few Examples(If my memory serves me... I could use help if you remember them)

-Coalition(Able to make one with various countries)
    -Liberate A Country(?)(Like if Russia takes Poland or Moldavia.. You as Austria or Prussia etc could take it back and give the Poles a country back but with conditions..An Alliance, Trade, etc.

Thats all I can remember right now...

Anymore are welcome!
    Great post .
    I also enjoyed Imperial Glory. Actually, I think I have much more fun playing IG than playing ETW (the graphics are not so nice, but who cares when the game offers you a good and immersive challenge?). And those diplomatic features are really nice. I really hope to see them in NTW.

And the ability to lend and borrow troops was also cool, but by far the liberate option was my fav and should be implemented.

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Coalition and Liberate are essential.
    Other Diplomatic options like declare war, make peace and one from IG Marriage as a diplomacy option.
    I would also add make Puppet. Insert your Brother/Sister/Mistress/Poodle as nations ruler.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

I remember IG and the diplomacy system was pretty good, better than ETW's.
    So I hope CA improve it. The diplomacy (not to mention the insanity of the AI) is one of the worse aspects of TW games.
    Last edited by Woden; August 26, 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Ah, yes, IG, how I fondly remember...

Coalition and Liberation are a must, I agree.

Personally, I'd rather see them embrace Paradox AI rather than IG.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelus Trento View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see them embrace Paradox AI rather than IG.
    It's about diplomacy rather than AI, though admittedly Paradox have some decent ideas there too.