Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

Default Re: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

It took 15' for my old rig to browse the preview, dear God.

Very, very impressive. One of the most marvelous works i've ever seen on my entire lowly TWC life. I'm speechless.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

Awesome! im going to reinstall m2tw

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Very very Nice

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

Awesome job, I'm looking forward to this. Alot.

Not because I'm a fan of the Three Kingdoms and Chinese History either! *koffkoff*

Very impressive!
    TW mods on oriental tematics has always been a kind of elite mods. I'm glad that now it became a tradition
    By the way, have you managed to deal with battlemap architecture?

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alexal View Post
    Very impressive!
    TW mods on oriental tematics has always been a kind of elite mods. I'm glad that now it became a tradition
    By the way, have you managed to deal with battlemap architecture?
    That is being worked on, not by us specifically but we are endeavoring to help the process along however we can. Certain things are possible and certain other things are still being cracked. As I recall we can input new buildings into the battlemap, but they have to maintain the same number of vertexes(or something) as the model they replace, so it's very restrictive in that respect. Hopefully this will be solved before we need to worry about it, because we have plenty to work on in the meanwhile.

Wow, this might be the mod that will beat EB gameplay-complexity wise. Awesome.

Good work guys! Keep it up!

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

It's been a long time coming, about seven months since the last one. Given that you haven't shown anything of the 12 other factions you're planning, a generous estimate would be about 5 years to have them all done. But if the end product shows as much polish and detail as this, I think it would be worth the wait.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    Wow, this might be the mod that will beat EB gameplay-complexity wise. Awesome.
    Somehow I think EB will always win in that category. They do an awesome job over there, and they have a reasonably massive team(at least comparatively!), as well as some very curious gameplay concepts and an eye for balance. We'd be happy to be in the same league when all is said and done.

I'm under the impression that those fire lances are basically gigantic single-shot sawn-off shotguns. Nasty they are....shouldn't they cause a 'bit' of problems when deployed in more than 1 rank? they'll literally be pumping 'buckshot' into the lad in front of him!

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by haereticum View Post
    I'm under the impression that those fire lances are basically gigantic single-shot sawn-off shotguns. Nasty they are....shouldn't they cause a 'bit' of problems when deployed in more than 1 rank? they'll literally be pumping 'buckshot' into the lad in front of him!
    Yes, those look interesting. Are they historically at least somewhat correct or is this gameplay enhancing fiction?

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    Yes, those look interesting. Are they historically at least somewhat correct or is this gameplay enhancing fiction?
    They're a historically used device, progenitors of chambered reusable gunpowder weapons. As to firing in ranks, that has to do with formations which can be remedied if it presents an issue I'd imagine.

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Solid preview, massive map, awesome units and Wundailicious buildings !

Only problems are the bad blur ruining some images and some slight tiny alpha channel issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    Dude, this is filed under MTW/Kingdoms Hosted Modifications....
    So it cant be based on ETW......though it achieves far more than ETW vanilla.

One question, where's shenbi nu (神臂弩)? Or are these simply the imperial crossbowmen?
    oh lol

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    the chinese first used it in a battle against the nomad Jurchens (records)

I cant wait any longer........argggggh...

Damn handsome preview, gents. Consider the nipple of my interest thoroughly tweaked. Purpled, even. The history in focus is unknown to me, so the Europa Barbarorum level of attention to detail means I am gonna get my learn on. Awesome. A preview for the Khmer Empire cannot come soon enough.

p @ d

I cant wait to play as the Song Faction to remake Pax Sinica . Thank you for all the effort you guys have put into this mod! If I am not wrong, Song dynasty is the second last dynasty that is ruled by a Han Ruler. One of my favourite dynasties... Keep up the good work. Is there a Mongol preview by the way?

Patrician Citizen

The Mongols shown in the video are the Mongols which were co-developed for Broken Crescent in addition to this mod, so they're already publicly available in that mod. As such there's no Mongol preview until such time as there's unreleased material for them.