Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

Awesome preview. Some nice features. It looks like this faction is pretty much complete.

Maybe some western faction come up with some elephants. We're not that far with the mod that we've done a faction that fields elephants.

I think the Pagan kingdom will feature some elephant units, I'm not sure.
    no no no, can't be. I never heard Pa Gan have elephant. Elephant only have in South Asia, like India, Khmer Empire, Burma, Champa, Vietnam,... in this mod, this is Khmer Empire, Burma, Champa, Dai viet. among these kingdom. Khmer is the greatest about elephant, many many many war elephant, huge elephant. After khmer is Burma, Champa. Dai viet is the kingdom weakest about war elephant because they have very few elephant, and is small elphent - only can carry two men on it. ( but until now, I don't know how they always win when fight with Champa.)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by yevon View Post
    no no no, can't be. I never heard Pa Gan have elephant. Elephant only have in South Asia, like India, Khmer Empire, Burma, Champa, Vietnam,... in this mod, this is Khmer Empire, Burma, Champa, Dai viet. among these kingdom. Khmer is the greatest about elephant, many many many war elephant, huge elephant. After khmer is Burma, Champa. Dai viet is the kingdom weakest about war elephant because they have very few elephant, and is small elphent - only can carry two men on it. ( but until now, I don't know how they always win when fight with Champa.)
    Pagan/Bagan is a Burmese kingdom as I understand it.

GREAT!!!

One question:
    Sijiao Catapults have a sling? How it will work?

ZOMFG how did you guys do that? From those finely crafted mountain pattern armour, zhan ma dao, artillery to those humble drew in for a tax break with a bowl of rice militia equiped with a 2 handed spear, you guys truely did brought the often underestimated imperial song army back to life. Whats all the more impressive is that you guys had limited access to detail sources descripting the song military (From my knowledge its hard as hell to get one outside of china, hong kong or taiwan etc) and still come out with such a good representation.

Great job at using those unique campaign pictures as well. Where did you guys got them from?

Pagan/Bagan is a Burmese kingdom as I understand it.
    so, I am sorry. I always mistake between Tibet and Pagan.

one small question: Song really had used zhan ma dao? Until now, I only heard zhan ma dao in Japan ( Well, I am Tomoe Gozen's fan, she using one zhan ma dao.). Song really have zhan ma dao????
    Last edited by yevon; August 28, 2009 at 03:05 AM.

Lol . Since this preview the AUH-forum has for about 20 visitors every time , against a 3 before the preview
    Last edited by Killerbee; August 28, 2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by frontier-auxilia View Post
    Great job at using those unique campaign pictures as well. Where did you guys got them from?
    Not sure what you mean by unique campaign pictures? The images of the map? Or the strat wonder stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by yevon View Post
    so, I am sorry. I always mistake between Tibet and Pagan.

one small question: Song really had used zhan ma dao? Until now, I only heard zhan ma dao in Japan ( Well, I am Tomoe Gozen's fan, she using one zhan ma dao.). Song really have zhan ma dao????
    No need to apologize, we're all just helping and learning here.

As for the 'horse cleavers', Yelu would have to answer that, but I'd imagine they were present if perhaps not utilized on a massive scale.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    Lol . Since this preview the AUH-forum has for about 20 visitors every time , against a 32 before the preview
    Which is nice in short bursts; I'm content to do my toiling in relative obscurity though, saves on the dialog and the scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Which is nice in short bursts; I'm content to do my toiling in relative obscurity though, saves on the dialog and the scrutiny.
    Oh , and i meant "against a 3 before the preview" Not 32

And yes , it's good to work quietly

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Well, I think that after this preview it'll be quiet for a looong time again .

Great to see a Roman Imperial army against a Song army .. who would win?

West (roman legions, greek / barb aux, greek skirmishers, Successor elephants etc ) - versus - the best from the East. WOW! that would be a hugggeee battle.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

one of the best previews i've seen so far
    fantastic!

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Hey, Why that link to Listen now does not work? I would like to hear their songs

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Great to see a Roman Imperial army against a Song army .. who would win?

West (roman legions, greek / barb aux, greek skirmishers, Successor elephants etc ) - versus - the best from the East. WOW! that would be a hugggeee battle.

R
    The Eastern Roman army. The Western Roman Empire has fallen by this time period.

George Maniaces's Avatar Tiro

Wow, I can't believe how amazing everything looks, and the gameplay features sound incredible. Excellent work all around, this mod will be fantastic!

- sig by LuckyNinja

This mod looks awesome, I can't wait for a release. It's MTW2 Kingdoms based yes? Not Empires?

Can you play as other factions like the mongols or use gunpowder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.EEeee View Post
    This mod looks awesome, I can't wait for a release. It's MTW2 Kingdoms based yes? Not Empires?

empire based for sure

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    empire based for sure
    Dude, this is filed under MTW/Kingdoms Hosted Modifications....
    So it cant be based on ETW......though it achieves far more than ETW vanilla.

One question, where's shenbi nu (神臂弩)? Or are these simply the imperial crossbowmen?
    Anri Sugihara

Click for more info

The ShenBiNu were not previewed, but I am working on them and the ZhugeNu militia. We'll reveal them at some point in the future.