Thread: Can someone PUH-LEEZE Mod Diplomacy??

CaptainAnthony's Avatar Civis

Icon3 Can someone PUH-LEEZE Mod Diplomacy??

The biggest roadblock to happy gaming for me is game diplomacy.

Issues:

(1) AI nations declare war and NEVER sue for peace, either with the Player or other AI nations.

(2) AI relations never reflect how they will act towards player or each other (i.e. "very Friendly" nations are as likely to declare war as "Indifferent" or "Unfriendly" nations).

(3) AI nations offer "bad trades" all the time. Asking for critical provinces in return for paltry sums and trade rights. Refusing good deals for peace, or territory, or technology even between allied nations.

(4) AI nations never try to improve relations. Only players can improve relations with state gifts.

(5) AI nations never ALLY with each other. Whatever startpos scripted alliances exist, they can be broken by war but no new ones arise between AI nations.

(6) Relations should be improved whenever an AI nation is given territory, money payments, and/or technology for free (as in to help develop other nations either allied or at war with enemies), not just by "state gifts."

I'm sure there are other areas, but these spring to mind first. Anyone out there with the skills and talent to do anything about this.. please feel free. It's needed.
    Last edited by CaptainAnthony; August 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM.