Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does CA ever read any of these posts?

Default Does CA ever read any of these posts?

Im just wondering cuz there are a lot of really good ideas floating around and i would hate for CA to pass some of them up.. I would like to see this total war be better than any of the previous games
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default Re: Does CA ever read any of these posts?

Yes they do. Lusted for one does, I am sure he forwards some of the info to his team.

thats good to hear
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

CA. Please take as long as you need to make the next game awesome and include the top ideas that the really thoughtful users on this forum have suggested. Something that the series really needs in the opinion of many is to be optimized to run better on lesser pcs.

Thanks for a great series of games!

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    Something that the series really needs in the opinion of many is to be optimized to run better on lesser pcs.

I think it's better if they made a descent AI and diplomacy.

@ War Lord, withouth costumers, you don't have to make a game. So CA does listen to us because otherwise we wouldn't buy the game.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Please stay on topic.

uhm, they read and respond but do virtually nothing about it. THey always say they listen to us and take our feedback but I doubt it.

The only time I've seen them listen to us when they need our help and input. An example would be the screenshot thread where we posted screenshots of our late GC. They needed our help to fix up the game and we gladly helped them. Now when the general consensus wants something changed and/or kept they don't do it. They take the help we give them without giving us any in return. Eg. Many people were opposed to the naval enhancement in patch 1.4 and yet they decide to go with it saying they needed a reason for people to use sloops, etc. They focus on fixing things the dev team wants fixed, not the consumers. This will ultimately lead to their downfall.

And yes , CA does take a look at this thread ..
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; August 25, 2009 at 01:24 PM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Stay on topic or the thread will get closed. Last warning.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeicehockey View Post
    uhm, they read and respond but do virtually nothing about it. THey always say they listen to us and take our feedback but I doubt it.

The only time I've seen them listen to us when they need our help and input. An example would be the screenshot thread where we posted screenshots of our late GC. They needed our help to fix up the game and we gladly helped them. Now when the general consensus wants something changed and/or kept they don't do it. They take the help we give them without giving us any in return. Eg. Many people were opposed to the naval enhancement in patch 1.4 and yet they decide to go with it saying they needed a reason for people to use sloops, etc. They focus on fixing things the dev team wants fixed, not the consumers. This will ultimately lead to their downfall.
    So who are you to say what the consumers want? Maybe CA has market research that we don't and maybe that shows that the average gamer prefers rock-paper-scissors balance to a more historical alternative.

They did for example make the economy harder because people complained. Unfortunately they overcompensated a little so another group of people complained. There will always be someone who complains

Also, as a modder I can tell you that you will look at suggestions and take them into account but in the end you're still going to do what you think makes for the best game... I would wager that a professional dev will feel similar about this if he doesn't have representative sources telling him that most people won't like what he likes.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    So who are you to say what the consumers want? Maybe CA has market research that we don't and maybe that shows that the average gamer prefers rock-paper-scissors balance to a more historical alternative.

They did for example make the economy harder because people complained. Unfortunately they overcompensated a little so another group of people complained. There will always be someone who complains

Also, as a modder I can tell you that you will look at suggestions and take them into account but in the end you're still going to do what you think makes for the best game... I would wager that a professional dev will feel similar about this if he doesn't have representative sources telling him that most people won't like what he likes.
    First, I'm sure they don't have a market and research team to research people's likes and dislikes. Their company is too small and it costs a lot of money to run that type of research and conduct surveys(trust me i work in the industry).

Second, my complaint is not that they don't listen an individual consumer. That would be impossible. It's that they don't even listen to groups of people, much less a group that's dedicated to this game. In my thread protesting the patch 1.4 naval change, over 200 people objected to the idea (poll) with many more people posting their thoughts about the useless change. Did CA listen to us then? Nope. I'm pretty sure if you had over 75% of the poll (300 people) object to an idea in your mod you would change it to fit the larger consensus.

naval thread... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276673

They do read these posts, but they rarely reply. They issue statements rather then engage in discussion.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

Indefinitely Banned

They do read these posts, but they rarely reply. They issue statements rather then engage in discussion.
    Probably because the PR department would yell at them if they did. You have no idea how much control those asshats have over things these days.

But yes, CA do read, and do listen, but at the end of the day they will make the game that they want to make, and we will either accept it or we won't.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Yeah, there are some CA members that view this website and even more on Total War Forums
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

CA reads but thats it if they find something good then they will get it if not then no
    + Hospitallers, Teutonics and Templars Mod Coming Very Soon on ETW yes on ETW +

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeicehockey View Post
    First, I'm sure they don't have a market and research team to research people's likes and dislikes. Their company is too small and it costs a lot of money to run that type of research and conduct surveys(trust me i work in the industry).

Second, my complaint is not that they don't listen an individual consumer. That would be impossible. It's that they don't even listen to groups of people, much less a group that's dedicated to this game. In my thread protesting the patch 1.4 naval change, over 200 people objected to the idea (poll) with many more people posting their thoughts about the useless change. Did CA listen to us then? Nope. I'm pretty sure if you had over 75% of the poll (300 people) object to an idea in your mod you would change it to fit the larger consensus.

naval thread... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276673

That's because most of those post are bascially useless in terms of contribution. One-liner advice/ideas or complaints are not something CA should listen to.

One liner argument or complaint about "CA needs better AI' are worthless to CA other than letting them know something is wrong with their AI.

They can spend the eternity trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with their AI based on comments like this. Any forum that has a high noise to signal ratio is a bad place to look for ideas.

If anything, good ideas tend to be lost in the mist of one-liners and "me too" post.

Then there is the fact that even though some ideas might sound nice and is more well-thought out, that idea might not be applicable to the game itself. Why? Because those people who offer those ideas might not have considered the full implication their ideas might have on the game.

There are ridiculous amount of good ideas that harms the overall game due to the fact that no one bothered to find out whether that idea has any negative implication on the game.

TWC as it is is a terrible place for CA to go to if they want ideas for improving the game.

they're not looking for ideas. read the interviews, they have a very clear picture of what they want. they're not going to listen to any new input, good or bad.

most game companies are like this, and it's a pain for the fans because their vision and the company's visions are usually not compatible. (see etw).

if you want your ideas to be put into the game, the only thing you can do, and the only thing worth doing is to demand a mod tool.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

The people at CA have to be very careful about what they say they can't offer any advice (individually) unlless if it's 100% sure to work and won't damage the game at all and they're only allowed to tell us info about enw games what has been decided to be allowed to be released to the public.

The question is not if CA read this (they actually do), but if they will use some of our suggestions and try to make NTW a better game than ETW was.

Darkpriest667's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post

Who is he/she to say what the consumer wants HE IS A CONSUMER LOL wow your logic.. WOW ... no wonder these games are a disaster.

And who do you use for market research 5 year olds or 15 year olds? Certainly not the 20-40 Male who is the largest consumer base for your product... Virtually no one wanted the 1.4 naval patch and you gave it to us anyway...
    In God we trust, all others we monitor - NSA motto
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    MOBO:ASrock Fatal1ty p67 professional series
    RAM: Gskill 16380MB @ 1600mhz
    GPU: XFX 6970 2048MB
    PSU: Corsair TX850M
    CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
    HDD: 2 x Samsung F3 spinpoint 1TB each
    ODD: Asus DVD Burner 22x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast