Thread: Guess where?

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Default Re: Guess where?

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Is it in Emilia- Romagna?
    No, it is more north
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Milano?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Milano?
    Indeed and the monument is?
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    Indeed and the monument is?
    I can't find anything I think I'll have to give this up, it's impossible to find, Santa Maria delle Grazie looks closest to it, but it's just a church....
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

I can't find anything I think I'll have to give this up, it's impossible to find, Santa Maria delle Grazie looks closest to it, but it's just a church....
    You found the city don't give up!
    What place has a church in it, it is not a monastery but it serves religious and practical needs and it is near the city centre of Milano?
    Luís de Camões

It would be easier if I'd ever been to Milan It's not the Duomo, it's not a Cathedral, it's not a Monastery, it's not a simple church... some kind of administrative Church building, like headquarters of the Catholic Church for Northern Italy? I really don't know

It would be easier if I'd ever been to Milan It's not the Duomo, it's not a Cathedral, it's not a Monastery, it's not a simple church... some kind of administrative Church building, like headquarters of the Catholic Church for Northern Italy? I really don't know
    I ll give you that since you found the city
    I think you ll be curious to find what the monument is, here it is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimitero_Monumentale

Your turn my friend
    Luís de Camões

Damn it, really? I actually knew that one, but thought it looked quite different Ephcharisto, phile mou Offtopic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    By the way, did you see the Cup semi final? That was mental, even for PAOK. At least Pana is through to the final

Here's a new one, hopefully it will challenge you more this time:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5211913.jpg  

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

St Lamberti Church in Münster, Germany.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Indeed it is, well done! The center of the Anabaptist dominion of Münster, and the cages are still there to see. Your turn!

Patrician Artifex

Last edited by Muizer; April 29, 2014 at 12:12 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Looks like a Castle in Southern Europe? Spain perhaps?

Patrician Artifex

I suppose you could call it a castle in southern europe. I don't think anybody does, but you could . It's not in Spain though.

Papal Palace in Avignon?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Papal Palace in Avignon?
    That's correct Your turn.

Well it's in Italy for starters :p
    Luís de Camões

Patrician Artifex

Palazzo Ducale, Mantova

Indeed, your turn.

Patrician Artifex