Thread: [HoI3] HOI 3 help

Default [HoI3] HOI 3 help

This game looks fun and even more a challenge since Ive crushed the AI in every other game I own but there's on problem im bored of playing games as germany and The british or japan I want to be the underdog are there any factions in the game that start of weak but have huge potential?

Is Ethiopia really in the game since its THAT big? and 3 do they suck?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Default Re: HOI 3 help

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    This game looks fun and even more a challenge since Ive crushed the AI in every other game I own but there's on problem im bored of playing games as germany and The british or japan I want to be the underdog are there any factions in the game that start of weak but have huge potential?

Is Ethiopia really in the game since its THAT big? and 3 do they suck?
    Well you can be any nation that existed during whatever year you choose to start, so if you start in 1936 then any nation that existed during that year, minus a few oddities such as Danzig, then you can select them to play. Obviously there are a ton of underdogs as a consequence. They're all playable to a certain degree, just don't expect to go and take over the world as say Ethiopia or Cuba.

dam but do they at least have professional armies and such?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

it depends whicn country your talking about

but for example, ive personally taken over the me, greece, bulgaria and yugoslavia as the turks and thr not that good at the start of the game

and im not that good a player, so its not a hard thing to do

what about tiny nations like errr Liberia or Ethiopia or shanxi or buthan or ireland im not trying to take over the world just have some fun.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Liberia, Shanxi and Ireland are highly potential in HoI3; basically, Shanxi can blizt Manchuko and annex it in one month before Japan even notice. Liberia and Ireland can land on Europe when Germany is pinned down by others.

Ethiopia, on the other hand, largely depends on how Italy treat you after the war; if they put you as puppet, you would automatically join Axis and have fun in Africa during WWII.

Bhutan is no way to play except attacking Tibet?? But consider the leadership of Bhutan it is impossible to declare war on anyone before 1950.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    what about tiny nations like errr Liberia or Ethiopia or shanxi or buthan or ireland im not trying to take over the world just have some fun.
    pick Yugoslavia.You have time to develop until 1941 when the germans come,and you have many pickings in the balkans.the army has 18 divisions at the begining i think.

does that suggestion have anything to do with you being serbian??

---

if ur new.. id try spain or brazil .. since thr not involved in the major wars but thr not too weak either

but if ur looking for a chalange.. like im suspecting you are, then id get some country that isnt landlocked by world powers, ireland would be fun actually, since u can send a couple units to conquer small minors around the world

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

well i myself am not a fan of yugoslavian idea

but i know yugoslavia well,so i suggested him that.

Rotaugen2009's Avatar Vicarius

I remember reading an online review of this game where the reviewer just played Cuba, then based his whole review off of that! Yeah, nothing like picking a faction that won't use 90% of the game to base your review on.

It might be fun to play a tiny faction just to see how they survive WWII, but you will NOT take over the world with one. Unlike ETW, the minors aren't just a bit handicapped at the start and can't quickly grow into a major. They are stuck being a minor.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Pedro!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by il padrino View Post
    pick Yugoslavia.You have time to develop until 1941 when the germans come,and you have many pickings in the balkans.the army has 18 divisions at the begining i think.
    Yugoslavakia is not easy to play unless you lower your neutrality enough and declare war on Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania in early 1940s; not to mention large portion of those 18 divisions are reserve units - take a long time to gain full strength which you already lost the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Italy isn't all that powerful.

But I get the feeling you're looking for something weaker