Thread: great coat sausage protection suggestion.

Default great coat sausage protection suggestion.

hi, i'm very enthusiastic about this game. will enjoy watching customers buy this game and watching ca horde money. they will definitely be getting my 10 dollars.

anyway, in ntw, we know the mastery of europe campaign will stretch from 1805 to 1812. within this period, the prussian army made a startling transformation starting with a most imporant and significant adoption of modernized uniforms. i have a unique idea related to this change that i think will really revolutionize gameplay.

you know how the prussians carried their greatcoats wrapped around their shoulder during summer time? this was done for practical reasons. it didn't waste much needed storage space, and was easier to carry. but it also provided surprisingly effective protection against sabre slashes and, in some cases, richoeting musket balls.

now here's how i envision this feature. prussian soldiers post 1807(or any arbitrary mid-game date) will start wearing their iconic kollet uniforms and great coats. in the summer, however, these coats will be rolled up and slung across their chest like a bandolier. it will give prussian infantry 50 percent additional hit points against melee attacks(but will be ineffective against lance attacks...making lancers strategically imporant), and "shield" points against muskets, rifles and shrapnel based artillery fire.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

Default Re: great coat sausage protection suggestion.

Good to see someone positive about the game, I'm with you!

Your correct about the prussian uniforms and i hope they put that into the game. They should have an early, middle and late period in the battle menu area. Early is from 1796-1808, middle is 1808-1812 and late is 1812-1815. That should be the case. I hope.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

50% is ridiculously high, in my opinion, (I'm not sure what the value is for steel armour in Empire, but the rolled up greatcoats would hardly annul 1/3 of all melee attacks) but it's a good idea, nonetheless. =)

yes 50% is too high my friend but i do agree they should get additonal protection maybe 5%-10%
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

This topic probably isn't serious but id say 10% would be enough. greatcoats are very large and thick after all and 5% wouldn't make enough of a difference when you look at unit defence values 5% wouldn't even be 1 point often.

artist's rendering of the proposed feature:

Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

Ordinarius

Cool idea, but I doubt it will be implemented in the game for release. Maybe someone will mod it in, as a new model or something though.

Praepositus

i thought this was something used by Cavarly

I think that's awesome!
    QX9650 - 780i SLI - two GTX280 - 8GB 6400C5DHX - X-Fi Platinum - Galaxy 1KW PSU - Antec 900 - APC 1500 BackUPS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Steeltrap's NTW Analogy
    Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    It's all about money.
    This is what the industry has been reduced to. Artistry and pride in one's craft is an afterthought.
    - Bra-F'ing-vo! Great statement.

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    i thought this was something used by Cavarly
    Not just cavalry, this was a practical and space saving way of carrying the coat.