Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: y2day's Visual Improvement Project for KGCM *New Download*

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: y2day's Visual Improvement Project for KGCM *Baltic Crusade Release*

Thanks Dave

Everything went well so I'm back in business. I have some commitments to some site work that needs to be done so may be another week or so before I get back to this VIP.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Default Re: y2day's Visual Improvement Project for KGCM *Baltic Crusade Release*

Excellent work as usual, y2day.

Btw, if you want to stick to the historical accuracy, then Lithuanian coat of arms has to include: argent (silver), or (gold), gules (red) and azure (blue).
    Also, I paid attention that many mods took the new symbol of Ukraine as an old Kievan coat of arms. Which is a mistake. The closest to the original Kievan COA that I was able to find quickly on the net is this one:

Although, it did include the trident as well.

Henry, first thank you for the interest in my little submod. Maybe a revisit to Lithuania may be in order. For now I want to move onto other things. Kievan Rus symbol as you said should be fine concerning historical accuracy, but I would love to do some new battle banners for them to get rid of the vanilla Russian banners. The image above I may use for that so thank you, and anything else you can suggset is always welcome.

SF mentioned a new symbol for Antioch but I think I want to look at Italy. I have never liked the symbol for Milan, and I think I could pretty up Venice and Sicily. If anyone has suggestions for any of those please post. I may do a few and post to get peoples opinions.

y

In the game, CA used the reversed colors of the Visconti family and their COA. It should've been vert (green) or azure (later on) Biscione (serpent) on the argent (here, white) devouring the gules (red, mostly) infant.
    Prior to the Visconti, the rulers of Milan were Della Torre with gules (red) tower on a azure (blue) field. They ruled in Milan just for about a century though (if I'm not mistaken).

Here are a few. If you guys like I will use one, if not I will try a few more.

The first is ok, the second more of the Lombard League thrown in...

Anyone interested in the above? If not I will move on to something else. I like the second one better but not sure it fits historically. I'm no historian. I can try another if someone wants or I can move on to loading screens or another faction symbol. Maybe I will do the battle banners for Kievan Rus.......

They both look nice. The one on the right makes more sense since Milan ingame is a combination of Milan and Genoa, but the one on the left does look sexy. If you want to make a third option, I'm sure no one would object

I'd say, Visconti COA for my taste.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

They're both nice mate, but I personally prefer the second. Not sure why to be honest.

I like second as well.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Same here
    Traitor

Sorry Henry, looks like I will do the second.

I have started back development (as much as I can anyway) on Road To Jerusalem so my production here may slow down a bit, but I do hope to continue my work here. I really enjoy playing KGCM.

Best of luck with your new mod y2day and thanks again for helping to make this mod look even better

Dave

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Hmmm first choice is better, the cross is of genova and doesnt relate to the visconti

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    Hmmm first choice is better, the cross is of genova and doesnt relate to the visconti

Yes i know but the second looks better in game. Maybe I will try another before I move forward.

Well I have been working on faction symbols and wanted to see what you guys think.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now some like Portugal I have changed quite a bit. It actually matches the coat of arms more. I have also done 2 for some factions like venice.

Both are kinda messy...

Byz

I think I need to lighten up the second symbol a bit and it will look better.

Still have a few to do like Wales, Ireland, Jerusalem and Antioch and also new Rebel symbol but I think these are pretty good. I have also done TO and Lithuania but didn't post as I have alrady released. I would appreciate any comment or suggestions.
    Last edited by y2day; October 13, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

awesome as always master y2day i think ill be trading a couple the symbols i did for yours look forward to the release

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

What a great surprise! I wasn't expecting you to do all these y, thanks very much! I really like them all

Out of the choices above I would say the 2nd venetian symbol and possibly the 1st Byzantine symbol, but the others are nicely done as well. Either way I think these are an improvement +rep

Dave

Thanks guys I will try to get all the files done in the next few weeks if I can manage my time well enough.

y