Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N:TW and the creation of new states and/or vassals

Default N:TW and the creation of new states and/or vassals

This has been suggested by others. I believe N:TW would be a much better game if it allows for the creation of states. This could include new nations or the resurgence of old displaced states: the Batavian Republic, the Confederation of the Rhine, the Grand Duchy of Warsaw are all simple examples of this model. Such nations would be the protectorates of creating power. It would make for more historicity and a deeper stragetic environment.

CA Powers, please give this consideration.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Default Re: N:TW and the creation of new states and/or vassals

I really wish for it, like creating buffer states to portect your border or just to liberate countrys and to calm rebbels
    ''I always made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." God granted it. ''

-Voltaire

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

CIV IV had something like this. If you wanted you could have a colony of sorts break off from you, but you'd have special benefits. They'd be uber-friendly toward you, they'd be your vassal with all the benefits, and you could actually control them (mostly, like what the build and etc.) unless relations fell alot and then they had a revolution.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I think Imperial Glory had this type of system and from what I have read it had a fairly good and functional Diplomatic model and AI. CA should buy a copy and do their best to simply recreate that or a very similar system in NTW. If they can't or won't then they should never have attempted to make a game for this period. For me NTW will really be the acid test for CA. ETW already destroyed any credibility they had in my eyes so I will wait a few months after release before I even consider buying NTW. If they don't include a working and well thought out Diplomatic system I will conclude that CA is incapable of making a serious game and take my leave of TW for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I think Imperial Glory had this type of system and from what I have read it had a fairly good and functional Diplomatic model and AI. CA should buy a copy and do their best to simply recreate that or a very similar system in NTW. If they can't or won't then they should never have attempted to make a game for this period. For me NTW will really be the acid test for CA. ETW already destroyed any credibility they had in my eyes so I will wait a few months after release before I even consider buying NTW. If they don't include a working and well thought out Diplomatic system I will conclude that CA is incapable of making a serious game and take my leave of TW for good.
    Imperial glory had a very good diplomatic system, and Naval combat, but the land battles were lacking

In Imperial glory for example if you made the right types of embassies in different countries you could annex them, you could also for colalitions against different nations, and best of all you could lend/sell other nations your armies for a certain amount of time... for example Hanover gets taken over by france you liberate it with your armies and then you could loan them troops for a few years. it worked really well
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by lordhedgwich View Post
    Imperial glory had a very good diplomatic system, and Naval combat, but the land battles were lacking

In Imperial glory for example if you made the right types of embassies in different countries you could annex them, you could also for colalitions against different nations, and best of all you could lend/sell other nations your armies for a certain amount of time... for example Hanover gets taken over by france you liberate it with your armies and then you could loan them troops for a few years. it worked really well

That is what I have read. I was excited about Imperial Glory until I read feedback about the land combat. EU, Civ, and IG all have very solid diplomatic systems so I can't understand why CA can't seem to pull it off. It is critical for NTW.

CA is more concerned with battle me thinks... its not really that Imperial glorys battle were bad, but small and the AI was scripted and did the same thing every time. Plus the game had a bad case of clone army syndrome (worse then Vanilla ETW)

-TWC moderation Staff

I would do this to all of Europe in N:TW if I was France and had the chance. Would make it more realistic.
    Forget the Cod this man needs a Sturgeon!

Creation of new states is an awesome idea!

Yeah they should improve the protectorate system. Players can still rule the world directly, but it should be a lot harder than if you just make puppet factions and protectorates out of them. The administrative costs, threat of unrest and rebellion, etc.

Oh and give us a release option to cancel the protectorate. Both the protector and the protected should be able to do that. If a protectorate of ours cancels the treaty, there should be a choice to declare war without penalties.

A big problem is how will our protectorates react with each other. I hope I don't have to babysit them to avoid a bloody civil war. Maybe just don't let them declare war on their own while they are protectorates. If they want to attack someone on their own, they'll have to break away from us first.

joemo's Avatar Tiro

a great idea so if you were sweden conquered norway got no spare armys to garrison liberate under a familey member likw napoleon did and you should be able to make it fully indepenant
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

eatme's Avatar Senator

Yeah I think devs could build on already existing protectorates concept to improve the strategic diplomacy options.

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

I think this is essential for the game. The ability to create the Duchy of Warsaw, the abilty to make a brother the king of the Netherlands etc.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

As I LOVE Civ IV I would warmly welcome such a feature.

creating vassals or puffer states would be fantastic indeed
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I wonder if you will be able to put family members on puppet states or conquered states like when Napoleon put his brother Joesph Bonaparte on the throne of Spain. Yes i liked the IG option to liberate states or annex them when you conquer your enemies by land.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I'd definitely like to see the option to release vassals.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

I think if you make a nation a protectorate you should be able to Order a certain portion of its armed forces to join your ranks..

-TWC moderation Staff

You can not game the Napoleonic Age without this option, not correctly at least.

Napoleon hinted at the reestablishment of Poland to win support of the Poles (he was playing them). Russia would have declared war immediately.

Spain actually broke into two countries, Joseph's Napoleonic Kingdom vs "Royalist/Loyalist" Spain under the Junta.

The Kingdom of Westphalia, under Brother in Law Murat, was formed by taking provinces from several "enemy" states.

Obviously you can't do this sort of thing without smaller provinces which make up larger "countries". The strategic map would have to be like Rome/Medieval, not like Empire.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 31, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRH View Post
    You can not game the Napoleonic Age without this option, not correctly at least.

Napoleon hinted at the reestablishment of Poland to win support of the Poles (he was playing them). Russia would have declared war immediately.

Spain actually broke into two countries, Joseph's Napoleonic Kingdom vs "Royalist/Loyalist" Spain under the Junta.

The Kingdom of Westphalia, under Brother in Law Murat, was formed by taking provinces from several "enemy" states.

Obviously you can't do this sort of thing without smaller provinces which make up larger "countries". The strategic map would have to be like Rome/Medieval, not like Empire.
    Or something all together new...
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 31, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

-TWC moderation Staff

CA Powers,

Please note the support this basic idea has gotten. There are no negative replies and several who consider this essential to properly represent the Napoleonic Era.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast