Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This Week I Have Been Mostly Playing [Insert Game]

Carousel's Avatar Need help? Ask me! Hit PM

Default This Week I Have Been Mostly Playing [Insert Game]

Hey guys, just wanted to see what games you guys are playing out there? I havent gamed in ages but I recently started playing again so for me:

Game: Burnout 3: Takedown

Why?: Awesome graphics, beautiful cars and crashes and a fantastic sensation of speed.

Since this is a game website theres shouldnt in theory be a single person here who can't answer this.

So cmon and tell us.
    Extremely grateful and indebted to my friend and patron: Spartan
    Patron of Ardeur

Game: San Andreas

Why?: I'm one mission away from finishing it, I want to see the ****ing ending but don't have enough territories yet.

haloband's Avatar Semisalis

Game: Farcry

Why: Just bought a new LCD monitor (NEC 1970gx) and am testing the monitors ability to handle graphics. Awsome monitor by the way.

game: Stalingrad and Day of Defeat

why: because i like ww2 stylke games
    Manstein16 This is especially for you and your bill.

Game: Battlefield 2

Why: I love war games and this is the newest installment. I'm working on gaining ranks. I also like to fly the helicopters and rack up points. It's so easy once you know how to fly them. .

Why? Because I'm addicted. Everything about the game reeks of awesomeness. The graphics, the points system, the badges, medals and ribbons, the guns, and most of all the ranks and being commander. I've played so obsessively I'm a Lance Corporal on my fourth day and working on taking the 'Lance' out of that, though unfortunately for me you need 10,000 points to be a Corporal...

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Game:Diablo 2

Why? It's a trip down memory lane, for one. I played the game for three years, and I didn't really get bored until I realized that I had pretty much explored every facet of the game. Diablo 2 also does not take up many resources on my computer, so I can switch between AIM and surfing the web when I feel like it, all while leaving the game minimized. Hmmm, also Diablo 2 is easy to get in to and pretty much comes down to mindless fun.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

Game: Any of my Worms collection.

Why: I just like them, the humour of blowing up little worms.

Quote Originally Posted by jerms
    Game: Any of my Worms collection.

Why: I just like them, the humour of blowing up little worms.
    RIGHT ON!

game:Worms Mayhem

why: Great Graphics for a Wroms game. And everything Jerms said .
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

plasticfigurine's Avatar Ducenarius

Why? I just got a new computer and I can play on the ultra-high settings with around 65 FPS :p

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan
    RIGHT ON!

game:Worms Mayhem

why: Great Graphics for a Wroms game. And everything Jerms said .
    Worms Mayhem hasnt been released yet, but i play the demo all the time.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

game: Battlefield 2. Though, I still play a few hours a week of RTW(RTR/TFT), and break that up with a few Pacific Fighters online sorties. I also have a part time job in a game store, so I play lot's of stuff.

Why?: I have been a rabid BF fan since '42s' release. I love the WWII setting, pacing, moddability, graphics, etc. BF2 is a GREAT addition to the BF franchise. Now all they have to do is fine tune it a bit.
    Last edited by Pent uP Rage; July 17, 2005 at 08:26 PM.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Game: Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries

Why? The sci-fi simulator genre is dead and I need a fix. I used to play mech games and space sims often but they were killed by kiddies and idiotic companies like Microsoft and EA and consoles like that XBOX..... modern gaming sux.

next week:
    Warhammer 40k, probably going to stop playing PC games until SOMETHING comes out that isn't a shooter or twitch rts. Hmm... i never beat X-Wing Alliance....
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Game: Shadow of Rome

Why: Always good to hack and slash, and the stealth missions are great fun!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

Political Machine

Why?: It was only 10 bucks, I love politics, and it's a great strategy game.

Master of Orion 3

Why? Because it was only $15 at Gamestop, and I wasn't going to buy it until it was that price. And I need my space strategy fix.

Next week: Hopefully I can get my hands on a rental of Advent Rising for Xbox, sounds like an epic in the making to me, and i want to see and play it for myself.

RTW - Darth Mod. Given that my play time is restricted to an hour here and there I have yet to become bored with this game as a different mod pops up at various times.

I try to sneak in some FIFA -'05 on PS2 when I get together with buddies on the weekends as we are all die hard soccer fans..........

Game:Conker Live and Reloaded

Why:Because who dosn't like a squirrl whoopen***all over the place.

Game: Victoria

Why? I re-installed it for a "quick" game, forgetting that a quick game doesn't exist in Victoria. Been playing for nearly a week now and I'm still decades off the end.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Game : Half life 2

Why : Because I had that game on the back of my head for a while and I decided to re-install it again.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast