View Poll Results: Have CA and SEGA been working on NTW in the time ETW was just a month out ?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 57.89%
  • No

4 7.02%
  • Maybe

10 17.54%
  • Don't know

10 17.54%

Thread: Have CA and SEGA been working on NTW in the time ETW was just a month out ?

Default Have CA and SEGA been working on NTW in the time ETW was just a month out ?

What do you guy's think ? Have CA and SEGA been working on it in the time ETW was just out or maybe begone on NTW when ETW was just a month out ?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; August 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Default Re: Have CA and SEGA been working on NTW in the time ETW was just a month out ?

That's the question - does it take a game 1 or 2 years to be developed? If 1 then no but if 2 then yes...

Default Re: Have CA and SEGA been working on NTW in the time ETW was just a month out ?

I think it took CA and SEGA 2 years to make ETW. Just look to the game how epic it is, but still released full of bugs.

For sure - when CA want´s to release it maybe next year, then they would busy working on it since the release of Empire.

Maybe they have even begun work on the next game in the series. Atleast the era has definitely been decided imho. Games need years for developing.

N:TW is using the same game engine as E:TW. building a new game on an existing engine isn't that different from creating a total conversion mod... It's do-able in a year. especially if they already got most of the animations, those take a lot of time to implement.
    alot of the models and scripts will probably take only minor alteration for N:TW... (stuff like research and all)

I should have voted yes then instead of maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    I should have voted yes then instead of maybe.
    I myself voted "maybe" simply because we can never be sure.

It's good that they will release it soon so we can get this whole title out of the way.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

And before that.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

It was likely in preliminary stages before the release of ETW. I imagine to be honest the Napoleonic period was initially set to be included, but due to the sheer amount of content required it was cut down a bit.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Banzai's Avatar Civis

They maybe even wanted to add a Napoleon campaign in Empire, but SEGA ordered them to release it before it it was actually complete. I heard something like that anyway.
    "We have the best Congress that money can buy." Will Rogers

"I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home."
    Robert Orben

"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

They maybe even wanted to add a Napoleon campaign in Empire, but SEGA ordered them to release it before it it was actually complete. I heard something like that anyway.
    Can you give al link to that ?

without a doubt. they knew what etw was. a beta released way ahead of schedule.

they refer to ntw as the final product several time using the word "culmination" to describe its relation to the state of etw.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

Banzai's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by master412160 View Post
    Can you give al link to that ?
    Lol, I meant litterally 'say' With mouth and ears. Idk where that guy got it from. Probably a site or even a thread on TWC, but I dont know where it is. I'll ask him, but he will return from holiday in 2 weeks.
    "We have the best Congress that money can buy." Will Rogers

"I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home."
    Robert Orben

"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    without a doubt. they knew what etw was. a beta released way ahead of schedule.

they refer to ntw as the final product several time using the word "culmination" to describe its relation to the state of etw.
    I agree, the sheer amount of unfinished stuff in E:TW was huge, they probably will forgo the title and bring N:TW as the new big one. We'll probably will get to mod N:TW...

they also said N:TW will include a lot of stuff they wanted to put in E:TW but couldn't.

Bose's Avatar Civis

to prove that they already had ideas about A napoleon game,just look in the game files.youve got factions like the grand duchy of tuscany and the swiss confederation,as well as other factions that arent playabel in empire.maybe they are intended for NTW? the GD of Tuscany was only around in the era of napoleon so it makes some sense to assume CA was ready for NTW.Thay already have almost everything they need for a new game.thats why they only need six months to make NTW.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

E:TW has been in developement since Barbarian Invasion came out. I think they were already planning for this game in 2008.