Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

Default Re: The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

lol.. Well, it comes very easy in this game, I am used to being very hard nations with only humans surrounding me, so I gotta do the best to be the first to secure all rebel settlements around me... I am kypchak in 2.02 NB, I think i got call of the Horde on turn 5? lol

Or there was a 1vs1 hotseat (I ghorids vs Georgians) I blitzed and took over all of georgia (I also went backwards into india) and every settlement inbetween including baghdad, I was finished at turn 23. =x
    Abit tired now...

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Or what exactly? The Emperor will decide who to be friendly with, and we are not going to be friendly to your Turkish sweetheart unless the threats cease. You however are clearly spoiling for a fight with everyone.

(OOC) I am beginning to see why the spies rule is so unpopular over on the other hotseat. How else can a large faction be virtually wiped out in one turn? I hope that by making all human-human battles auto-resolve, we may have avoided this problem somewhat.
    This insult will cost you dearly Infidels.
    We thought youd be reasonable, but you show your true intent.

In the light of recent events, we will accept the Seljuks honourable offer, we are glad to ally with someone who isn't selfish.

Slanted's Avatar Senator

Sorry about the long wait everyone but I haven't had internet for the past two days due to charter not processing the bill.

Anyways, the Alliance agreement was accepted and we hope it will be long standing. An Alliance was also offered to the Seljuks as well.

A Persian Empire, you are not the only one you know, is up. (No idea how you changed the name but +rep)

open up faction summary window. Then click on the faction name, which is above the faction or diplomacy summary and you can change it.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosliver View Post
    This insult will cost you dearly Infidels.
    We thought youd be reasonable, but you show your true intent.

In the light of recent events, we will accept the Seljuks honourable offer, we are glad to ally with someone who isn't selfish.
    And the threats continue. Truly the Turks are barbarians.

King Baldwin is watching with nervous trepidation as the Muslim states in the Fertile Crescent slowly coagulate into one bloc. We would like to say that alliances are formed for military reasons, and that it is becoming obvious what is going on behind the scenes with our neighbors to the east. This senseless aggression will not be tolerated. Let it be known that Levant belongs to the Kingdom of Jerusalem and our friends the Ayyubid Sultanate, and that the current boundaries in Anatolia should be satisfactory for all groups involved. This region has seen enough war for now, let us all get on with our lives. I would hate to regulate the turkish and persian pilgrims coming to the holy city of Jerusalem and the Dome of the Rock, but we may have to if we feel that security in the region is threatened. For now these holy sites remain open to followers of all faiths and nations. Let us hope it remains thus...
    Last edited by pwf224; September 06, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    King Baldwin is watching with nervous trepidation as the Muslim states in the Fertile Crescent slowly coagulate into one bloc. We would like to say that alliances are formed for military reasons, and that it is becoming obvious what is going on behind the scenes with our neighbors to the east. This senseless aggression will not be tolerated. Let it be known that Levant belongs to the Kingdom of Jerusalem and our friends the Ayyubid Sultanate, and that the current boundaries in Anatolia should be satisfactory for all groups involved. This region has seen enough war for now, let us all get on with our lives. I would hate to regulate the turkish and persian pilgrims coming to the holy city of Jerusalem and the Dome of the Rock, but we may have to if we feel that security in the region is threatened. For now these holy sites remain open to followers of all faiths and nations. Let us hope it remains thus...
    It was u mate who didnt wanted an alliance with Ayyubid sultanate...instead u asked for 5000 florins in exchange for alliance...it was in all my true intentions to be an ally to u but u opted for continued tension n uncertainty in holy lands....i start every turn of mine in fear that u might have attacked any city of mine

Ok why not i propose a new treaty to u....It will be called The Treaty of Holy Land
    According to this treaty the player have to send a diplomat to break the alliance n start a war between these two factions...Also the player will have to wait for say 3-5 turns to attack after this announcement....Also as i sign of goodwill The Sultanate will allow 1 merchant to have a lucrative stand (around400 florins/turn asset) in our lands
    wat u say abt this treaty...is it seems balanced to u

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    It was u mate who didnt wanted an alliance with Ayyubid sultanate...instead u asked for 5000 florins in exchange for alliance...it was in all my true intentions to be an ally to u but u opted for continued tension n uncertainty in holy lands....i start every turn of mine in fear that u might have attacked any city of mine
    1) I was not referring to the Ayyubids in my statement, if you read it carefully you would see that. I consider the Ayyubids friends as they have been respectful of our boundaries and have not made any threats towards the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Plus, they make excellent trading partners.

2) I was not aware of any tensions in the Holy Land. From my perspective everything is perfectly peaceful. There is no need for paranoia when we are getting along fine. King Baldwin can be trusted to maintain a peace. We have placed our trust in Sultan Salahuddin, we ask that he does the same. Mistrust can be disastrous, especially for such a tightly packed, volatile region.

3) We do not like the terms of this treaty, as it leaves open the option for war in the future. This is why we opposed an alliance in the first place, because we did not think it was a sincere proposal. We propose the following treaty:

* The Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Ayyubid Sultanate shall not war with on another, ever, or support enemies of one another as a means of indirect fighting.

* The Ayyubid Sultanate ceases any further northern expansion. The Kingdom of Jerusalem claims the Principality of Antioch and the County of Edessa, the latter being founded by myself.

* The Kingdom of Jerusalem relinquishes any claims, both future and present, on lands south of Jerusalem. This allows the Ayyubids to do as they please in Africa, and expand as far south as Mekka and Medinia, if they so wish.
    There is plenty of room for the both of us to expand and prosper side by side without ever having to go to war. If the Ayyubids can prove themselves trustworthy and stick to this agreement for approximately 10 years (arbitrary number, non-binding) give or take, we may reconsider their request for an alliance as a sincere one, and thus pave the way for the type of Christian-Muslim relations that the rest of the Middle East to strive for.
    Last edited by pwf224; September 06, 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Decanus

We would agree to this treaty of urs...

But u shud be aware that this treaty is made between King baldwin n Sultan Salahuddin n is ought to be valid until they r alive.....As soon as 1 of them dies the treaty is void....Bcoz u dont know wats in the mind of new King/Sultan. its totally under his discreation to honour or disgarce the treaty

Then it is agreed. The boundaries of the Holy Land have been set as listed above.

Indeed. We in Constantinople have also noticed the level of theats and hostility have increased as the Turks to the east form their alliances. All their neighbours should be concerned. Even their fellow muslim brothers are not safe from their insatiable lust for land and slaughter.

We see what is going on all too well.

Indeed. We in Constantinople have also noticed the level of theats and hostility have increased as the Turks to the east form their alliances. All their neighbours should be concerned. Even their fellow muslim brothers are not safe from their insatiable lust for land and slaughter.

We see what is going on all too well.
    We shall see who are the barbarians, we don't know how a people wouldnt rise up against such an dishonourable emperor, fighting for himself rather than his people.

The Turkish Sultanate however won't attack, you have broken our threaty, but we will let you decide your fate first, war or peace.

You may decide Emperor, but think about your people first.

Slanted's Avatar Senator

Let it be known that the Shah has no wish in the least to make any military moves to the west. Trade would be the only extent of our interest in the region and you need not worry about a bloc forming to invade the Levant. If the Great Seljuks wish to attack that particular region or anatolia they will do it without the armies of the Shah.

The Persians always were wise. I would like to apologize if I have offended thee. Let it be known that whoever supports the aggressive and bloodthirsty Turks has no place as a friend of Jerusalem. The Turks are squatting on Roman land in Anatolia, and should be grateful that Constantinople would even sign a treaty with such barbarians. Go back to the central asian steppes and leave us peaceful civilized people alone. The Turks will be given one last chance to prove that they can behave before we turn our backs on them for good, or worse. We will not have such rabblerousers around anymore.

We shall see who are the barbarians, we don't know how a people wouldnt rise up against such an dishonourable emperor, fighting for himself rather than his people.

The Turkish Sultanate however won't attack, you have broken our threaty, but we will let you decide your fate first, war or peace.

You may decide Emperor, but think about your people first.
    What treaty have we broken? Do enlighten us.

THARN's Avatar Senator

Zerosliver said:

you have broken our threaty
    hmm.. seems like his subconscious is coming to the fore..

What treaty have we broken? Do enlighten us.
    The threaty were we both agreed we shouldn't be fighting each other, where we decided to minimise the garrisons at our borders as a sign of good will.

You were the ones who started this, by allying with Armenia you show you don't trust us and wish to trap us into a two front war. When we commented on it you said it was merely defensive, but defensive against what? Against us thats for sure, which shows you want war with us as soon as you clean up the rebels around your lands.

We are highly dissapointed the king of the crusaders doesn't see this, we hope he does now.

The mighty Seljuks seem to be the only ones to see this, we are however happy they are ready to support us against these threats.

Let it be known to all, the Turkish Sultan doesn't wish war, he doesn't want to send his men into needless peril and put his civilians lives at stake. But he and his nation won't accept these insults and backstabbing talks between our neighbours.

OC: The next turn shall decide the fate of your game in this IB, I hope you know who you are messing with

Next Kypchaks
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

The threaty were we both agreed we shouldn't be fighting each other, where we decided to minimise the garrisons at our borders as a sign of good will.

You were the ones who started this, by allying with Armenia you show you don't trust us and wish to trap us into a two front war. When we commented on it you said it was merely defensive, but defensive against what? Against us thats for sure, which shows you want war with us as soon as you clean up the rebels around your lands.

We are highly dissapointed the king of the crusaders doesn't see this, we hope he does now.

The mighty Seljuks seem to be the only ones to see this, we are however happy they are ready to support us against these threats.

Let it be known to all, the Turkish Sultan doesn't wish war, he doesn't want to send his men into needless peril and put his civilians lives at stake. But he and his nation won't accept these insults and backstabbing talks between our neighbours.

OC: The next turn shall decide the fate of your game in this IB, I hope you know who you are messing with
    OC: The correct English word is treaty, not threaty. No "h"

IC: As a third party, we see this defensive alliance as reassurances against your growing power. The Romans and Armenians both obviously fear you and do not trust your promises of a truce. Therefore, they allied as a means of standing as one force against your powerful empire. Your entire empire consists of lands won from the Romans and Armenians in recent years. Logical conclusions can be drawn that your armies, which have repeatedly crushed the native christian forces, will do so again in the near future. Your tone does not help your cause either of claiming self-defense. You do have some valid points, but when you say them as if they are threats, it makes their alliance seem like THEY are on the defensive, and not the other way around.

All I can say is that war is not the necessary outcome all the time, and that diplomacy and talks work just as well in keeping the peace. For example, look at the recent treaty signed by two arch enemies, my Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Ayyubid Sultanate. I can personally recall when we were at war last, and I am surrounded on all sides by Salahuddin's empire, but we were able to diffuse tensions through talks and clearly outlined territorial claims in order to avoid any future problems. I suggest the Turks take a page from their Ayyubid allies book and do likewise. Otherwise, the Turks may lose both a friend in Jerusalem and their connection with the holy city, for we do not associate with bloodthirsty barbarians.

1. In case you hadn't noticed. I am not fighting you, so I haven't broken any treaty.

2. The fact that you seem so disturbed about the Roman alliance with Armenia suggest to me you were intending to attack one of us.

3. No. I don't trust you at all. Is it any surprise when you keep shooting your mouth off? All you ever do is issue threats. As you have done yet again.

4. If you don't wish war, then don't start one. It's very simple

5. I suggest you keep OC comments to me to yourself. I almost forgot how annoying you can be.

The next turn seems to be taking a very long time. We seem to have ground to a halt after a good start. Whose turn is it anyway?
    Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; September 08, 2009 at 03:36 AM.