Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Merlox View Post
    agreed =p

My question is, When we get to start this great hotseat mate?
    When Zero finally picks a faction

Ye sorry for that, i will check them quickly ingame and see which one fits me best.

I was away from friday till today :/

Edit: Turkish Sultanate plz!
    Last edited by Zerosliver; August 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Well, we have all chosen our factions. Looking at what's left I would have preferred the Rajputs (I love those elephant skins) but that would have left me too isolated. So I have gone for the Roman Empire.

Anyway. First up is the Turkish Sultanate. It's you Zero

Good luck everyone

Just making sure, you have an admin password set up for this?
    Abit tired now...

Yep!

, now you have chosen the Byzantines, there goes my easy expanding .

Edit:
    The Turkish Sultan has besieged a castle near our capital, meanwhile one of our vassals is moving towards a large town which is hold by some rebels.

We are however a bit in economical problems, they will stabilise the following turns though.

Byzantine infidels up!
    Last edited by Zerosliver; August 25, 2009 at 06:03 PM.

THARN's Avatar Senator

can someone pm me on how to set this up to run hs?
    any config ini i have to tweak?

Trade rights have been negotiated with the Turkish Sultanate.

The Basileus requests that the Turkish Sultan withdraw the army currently besieging the Roman rebels at Doryleaum. Further Turkish expansion westwards shalll not be tolerated. The Basileus hopes The Sultan will see sense and both empires can come to a mutually agreeable conclusion.

What use is Doryleaum? A tiny undeveloped castle, yet with a strong garrison, the capture of which will be very costly.

Armenia is next...

Doryleaum is a stratigicly important place, to prevent further expansion of the Byzantine into turkish lands.
    We can't allow the Byzantine to have a castle right at our borders, it is a good staging area to crush the rest of the rebels.
    We are sure that the Byzantine won't make the same mistake as they did last time.

the Armenians have laid siege to rebels in vahaka little else to mention preperations are being made

KoJ up

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosliver View Post
    Doryleaum is a stratigicly important place, to prevent further expansion of the Byzantine into turkish lands.
    We can't allow the Byzantine to have a castle right at our borders, it is a good staging area to crush the rest of the rebels.
    We are sure that the Byzantine won't make the same mistake as they did last time.
    1. They are not Turkish lands. The Turks are merely squatters on lands which had been Roman for nearly a thousand years.

2. Doryleaum can only be of use to you as a staging post for another attack into Roman lands. You know this, which is why to chose that castle instead of the more profitable town to the south.

You may keep Doryleaum, for now. If of course. your rabble manage to overcome the garrison. We shall not forget your words and actions this day. They have revealed to all that the Turkish appetite for conquest is insatiable.

I will say this finally. I recommend that you garrison Doryleaum with the minimum number of troops required for public order. Any build up of troops in the region will be regardded as a hostile act. Tthe Roman empire will do whatever it takes to remove any blatant theats to our territory.
    Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; August 27, 2009 at 02:10 AM.

Decanus

Sultan Salhuddin of Ayyubid Sultanate is taking the 1st step in proposing an alliance with the Kingdom of Jeruselum n hope that this noble approach is regarded as an act of friendship n a stage to build up a trustworthy relationship between our 2 nations.May a era of peace n prosperity prevails in the holy lands...i would also suggest that the border cities n castles of our kingdoms have least garrison to avoid any misunderstanding n confusion between our citizens...

PEACE BE UPON YOU
    Salahuddin

Sorry guys I didn't know it was my turn until just now (thanks for the reminder IB), but I'm heading out the door as we speak. I may be an hour or two late with my turn if that is ok with everyone. Again, apologies for holding us up since we haven't even gotten fully underway yet.

@Aqua- We may be willing to come to some sort of an agreement, but tell us, why would the Ayyubids want an alliance with us when we are the only logical direction for Ayyubid expansion? Until you can give us good reason for your sudden change of heart, we can only believe that this is merely a ploy to get us to let our guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    1. They are not Turkish lands. The Turks are merely squatters on lands which had been Roman for nearly a thousand years.

2. Doryleaum can only be of use to you as a staging post for another attack into Roman lands. You know this, which is why to chose that castle instead of the more profitable town to the south.

You may keep Doryleaum, for now. If of course. your rabble manage to overcome the garrison. We shall not forget your words and actions this day. They have revealed to all that the Turkish appetite for conquest is insatiable.

I will say this finally. I recommend that you garrison Doryleaum with the minimum number of troops required for public order. Any build up of troops in the region will be regardded as a hostile act. Tthe Roman empire will do whatever it takes to remove any blatant theats to our territory.
    The Sultan would like to clarify a few things:
    1. Yes it may have been Byzantine for ages, but the people are Turkish, not Byzantine, we plan on liberating them and keeping you away from opressing more rebels who do not like your rule.

2. We have no plans to invade your empire, but if you ever threaten to attack again, you will be utterly dissapointed, we shall honour your proposal, but we expact you to do the same in return. If we notice any Byzantine activity near our borders, it will be an act of war.

The rabble you are speaking of defeated you and made your empire weaker than ever or did you forget noble emperor?

Signed, the Sultan of the Turkish Sultanate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosliver View Post
    The Sultan would like to clarify a few things:
    1. Yes it may have been Byzantine for ages, but the people are Turkish, not Byzantine, we plan on liberating them and keeping you away from opressing more rebels who do not like your rule.

2. We have no plans to invade your empire, but if you ever threaten to attack again, you will be utterly dissapointed, we shall honour your proposal, but we expact you to do the same in return. If we notice any Byzantine activity near our borders, it will be an act of war.

The rabble you are speaking of defeated you and made your empire weaker than ever or did you forget noble emperor?

Signed, the Sultan of the Turkish Sultanate.
    Agreed then. All border territories are to retain minimal garrisons. Any transgressions on your part will result in swift retribution.

Invaders may have taken advantage of the empire's weakness in the past, but those days are over. The era of weak and incompetant emperors is gone. A new era is about to dawn.

I'm really sorry about the wait. I'm new to BC and keep forgetting to check back as regularly as I do elsewhere. It won't happen again. My fellow KGCM friends can vouch for that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baalbeck was placed under siege, and will fall before years end. Meanwhile, the royal court discusses a possible alliance with our Ayyubid neighbors. Relations have been strained somewhat of late, but we are open to discussion that will hopefully pave the way for eventual peace and prosperity in our section of the Holy Land. As a sign of goodwill, Jerusalem's holy places are now completely open to pilgrims from all religions, including those of the Ayyubids.

Decanus

By the order of Sultan Salahuddin the Ayyubid Generals Shirkuh n Ayyub have besieged Hama n Tayma resp while Sultan is on his way to visit capital of the Sultanate,Qahira.After that he will launch attack on rebel states down south n on his way may also attack Makurian dogs...

On the Alliance issue with KOJ...i want to reassure that our Sultanate has no intention of going at war with the noble King Baldwin n his Kingdom...we have kept minimum reinforcement at our border cities n would like the same from KOJ as a sign of Goodwill n trust....Our Sultan have atleast 20 rebel targets around the Sulatanate to dealt with...so no need for us to break the peace in holy lands with the KOJ...Btw my diplomat have offered Alliance + Trade Rights + Map information exchange to ur Kingdom...

BE PEACE BE UPON YOU
    Salahuddin
    Seljuks turn

As a kingdom that does not have the ability nor the will to make war with our powerful and respected neighbors, we are willing to accept these terms if, and only if, the Ayyubids truly mean this. We do not trust your kind and are fully aware that your kingdom could easily overwhelm ours before we can blink an eye. The Kingdom of Jerusalem is very weak and must look to reducing its army's upkeep first anyways in order to crawl out of the -4000 florin debt we are about to plunge into. Since that is one of your terms, we will definitely be able to oblige. However, we have an additional terms ourselves. If the Ayyubids would be willing to spare 4000-5000 florins in addition to the above mentioned terms, we would be assured that you indeed have no intentions of going to war with us (who would give money to a soon-to-be enemy?). It would also provide us with a quick boost to stabilize our economy as we disband our armies. (Currently I'm projected to be VERY deep in the red next turn. I guess I shouldn't have built all those roads and churches, lol Game mechanics are slightly different in BC than from KGCM) Only on these conditions, where the Sultan's sincerity can be proven and not "promised", will we believe you. If the noble Sultan Salahuddin agrees that these terms are acceptable and fair, King Baldwin will look forward to years of peace, prosperity, and coordination against our common foes. We shall be a force to be reckoned with!!

OOC: I just started my second BC campaign ever, this time as the KoJ to try and figure out some basic strategy. I'm only 7 turns in so far tonight(half my last campaign, lol), and very deep in the red. I foolishly attacked Damascus straight away, and was caught up by two Ayyubid armies. I managed to barely get a victory, and a Pyrrhic one at that, and now control Damascus. My strategy does not look like its paid off. I thought I could rush the northern Ayyubids quickly and close out that front early, while using Damascus to make some money. Unfortunately, I lost my only real army and now, using "toggle_fow", I can see that I am going to be in for a world of hurt soon. The Ayyubids are ALOT more powerful than I thought. Maybe its time to scrap this one and try again another day.

BTW, BC2 is amazing I love this mod. I can't believe I haven't tried it until this hotseat. Thanks for the tip IB +rep

Decanus

If only i could give u that much money....i m also in red(-1200)...i already built 3-4 tower, a fort plus some troops n the rest of my 10000 i used to upgrade my economy...so i have nothing left....u need not to be worried...my main army is far from ur kingdom's borders n i assure u that all my border cities will have minimum garrison(to maintain law n order)....i cant do anything else at the moment to make u believe...its ur choice

PS:
    We do not trust your kind
    plz respect our noble n pious Sultan n his kind.....He or his diplomat never talked in this langauge to ur King or his people
    Last edited by aqua; August 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM.

Shahs... The Seljuks offer an alliance with the Shahs, with that, they will not focus on exanding to the east. But to the west and south, does that sound agreeable?
    Abit tired now...