Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

Hi chaps, as agreed I want to get the BC2 hotseat underway once we are ready. There are seven human players signed up. The other factions will be left under AI control.

All the usual KGCM hotseat rules apply, with a few additions.

Battles against AI can be fought on battle map.
    Battles against other human players will be auto-resolved (screenshots must be posted as per usual).
    Merchant forts are prohibited.
    No restrictions on spies/agents.

Turns will be played within 24hrs. If you cannot play your turn within the time limit, please nominate another player to sub for you. I will be rather strict about this. Repeated missing of turns without notification will result in that player being kicked. I have played with you all before, so I know it's never going to come to that.

We will be playing at VH/VH difficulty. Huge unit size.
    Remember it's a game. No bickering, sulking, etc
    Have fun.

Players and factions (now in turn order)

Zerosliver - Turkish Sultanate
    Incontinenta Buttox - Roman Empire
    Soul Firez - Kingdom of Armenia
    pwf224 - Kingdom of Jerusalem
    Aqua - Ayyubid Sultanate
    Kaiser Merlox - Great Seljuks
    Slanted - Khwarezm Shah
    Cyrus Kabir - Ghorid Sultanate
    Tharn - Kypchak Confederacy
    Sarkiss - Imamate of Oman

{Edit} 10 human players. That's enough though, any more and I think the game will slow down too much., and I don't want to be reduced to 1 turn every two weeks like it is in the other hotseat.

Once everyone has advised me that they have installed BC2 and patches ok, and chosen their faction. We can start.

I will choose my faction last.

Cheers

IB
    Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; August 28, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

Slanted's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The KGCM hotseaters BC2 holiday

Excellent, can't wait. I had forgotten how much fun Broken Crescent was.

do you distribute the factions yourself in accordance with locations of AI controlled factions or do players get to choose freely?

Well I would also like to participate if its still possible - I would like Ghorids
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Jerusalem

Oh damn... I just saw this.. It looks like every one though already jumped in though. how sad.

It woulda been fun with a new crowd of people and not the same old games. =(

Also, the 24 hour rule sounds amazing, I've been always trying to say that in my hotseats, but most people just wouldn't hear it.
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; August 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM.
    Abit tired now...

Well it sounds like there are a few more possible players. helmersen PM'd me to sya that he is having some technichal problems, so he may pull out. which will free up a place. I am thinking about bumping up to 10 players. What do the KGCM guys think?

Also, as regards to faction choice. It's a totally free choice at this time. Let's see who chooses what.

Cyrus Kabir, As you are first to reply. You get the last definate place. Ghorids it is then
    Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; August 23, 2009 at 12:05 PM.

Err can i join as Ghazni?

Hmmm, I might decide to be the Seljuks this game... XD

Though... We still need important slots put in... Such as 1 in the turkey area, and 1 as ayyubid. or else jerusalem will have an easy huge kingdom. >.>;
    Abit tired now...

if you permit more players i'd join as Oman

edit: eh, would someone mind explaining what KGCM stands for?
    Last edited by Sarkiss; August 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

In my guess, it stands for something that they all originally game from, and their set of rules, since it is significantly different than the normal ones on most hotseats.

As they are all friends that play hotseats togethers
    Abit tired now...

Wait if you want us to spread out i wont be Ghazni i could be Solankis

It might be better if we try to spread out at least, so no empire gets WAY too big due to every one is clumped onto one side, while 1 odd player is claiming all of the south... Like Jeursalem. XD
    Abit tired now...

hmmmm just been reading through there battle mechanics thread this should be interesting i will probably get my butt handed to me ill go armenia for something different do we have an officail launch date time

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    if you permit more players i'd join as Oman

edit: eh, would someone mind explaining what KGCM stands for?
    Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=559

Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; August 23, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Slanted's Avatar Senator

I am all for letting new people into the hotseat. Good to meet new people on twcenter and makes for a more interesting game.

THARN's Avatar Senator

Yes- Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod- a really good mod that utilizes the kingdoms expansion.
    Im with you on this one Soul Firez.. Ive been playing the BC mod for a handful of turns to check it out and the battle mechanics are different.
    plus- Im blind on the map... wandering around with a diplomat and spy just to see where everyone is..

Ummm, I do have to say though, And a tip to you all. I am very against spies in this game, The reason why is that you can build unlimited amounts of spies and assassin, A well built empire can litterly fall withen 2-3 turns if the person has an army of spies.
    Also i've seen where a person would just built 30 assassins, and march into 1 territory... and kill all of the other person's family members at one turn, The person never saw it coming. Nobody knows who killed the faction, but it's more rebel lands.
    I want you to consider this, the down side of the BC mod, and consider if you still want to play with it like this, or modify it some what.

As every mod has a certain good set up... I personally believe that the best course of action on this mod is to also make it spys prohibited to open up player gates... to prevent the 1-3 turn blitz of an empire... As it is, BC is generally a tight combat map... and a general, with mercenaries can claim 2-3 cities with ease...

Any ways, That is just my idea, but please discuss this over yourselves to make sure you know what you are getting into before setting the rules in stone.

Regards-

Merlox
    Abit tired now...

I have edited the first post. I am upping the number of human factions to 10. So Kaiser Merlox and Sarkiss are both in.

I will not be considering any more than 10 players. Any more will slow this game down too much, and I like to have some AI factions. We're playing on VH/VH, so the AI will not be a pushover.

Kaiser,

I know what you mean about the spies, but I don't know how I can put restrictions on spis and enforce the rule. How can I know how many spies a player has? It's not as if I can see them. I think I am going to have to trust everyone not to abuse the spies too much.

With KGCM hotseat there is a bug that restricts the number of spies a player can build. Maybe that bug is actually rather a good thing after all.

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast