Thread: A nice location in southern Europe ?

Arn's Avatar Sponge worthy

Default A nice location in southern Europe ?

For 4 years in a row, my family and about 7 other swedish families that we know, have traveld to the spannish east coast, north of Barcelona. It's really nice but we're all a bit sick of Spain by now.

Do you guys know any nice places to travel to in southern europe?
    Preferably an averege size town by the sea an with beach, close to a major city.
    Last edited by Arn; August 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
    I made a lot of music for RS II, and that is very awesome because RS II is a very awesome mod!

Default Re: A nice location in southern Europe ?

Torrevieja. AKA Mini-Norway. Take it easy, you won't find Norwegians everywhere. Anyways, it has nice beaches, nice restaurants, an awesome Commercial center (Habaneras), a great bowling alley and is basically a very nice place.

It's close to Cartagena, La Manga, Alicante, Benidorm (well 2 or 3 hours).
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I sugest Trogir in Croatia.

Fairly close to Split which is second largest Croatian city.
    Has signatures turned off.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Well, I would love to visit in Malta!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

I recently went to Sicily and spent a week in a small town/village called Scopello.

We stayed in a self-catering complex with its own beach, which would be good if you are traveling with 7 families. Scopello also has several nice restaurants and a general store (And the next town also has a general store as well as a motorboat hire place)

It is also less then an hours drive from Palermo, the biggest city in Sicily. Its a very fascinating place and you get a great look at the Sicilian/Italian lifestyle.

Another place you can go if you are willing to spend a fair amount of money in Taormina. We didn't stay there (Expensive, and catering to tourists- we wanted to see real Sicily), but we did visit and I really enjoyed it.

There is a line of Hotels along a lovely golden beach at the bottom of the town. Taormina itself is a cable car (Or 5 minute car ride) away on top of a large hill. It has incredible views of the surrounding coast, as well as Mount Etna. It also has hundreds of restaurants and shops as well as a few pubs and clubs. There are a lot of tourists, but that generally means there are more options of the restaurant menues etc.

About an hours car ride away is Catania- the second largest city in Sicily. We stayed there a few nights and I loved it. Fairly good night life with lots of fancy bars and clubs, plenty of places to eat, as well as a lot of history. It is also the location of the main airport.

Finally, again about an hour from Taormina, is Mount Etna. Its well worth going up- but make sure you go on a clear day. We went when it was cloudy so we couldn't see from the top and it was freezing cold)

I could also suggest a few good places in Turkey if you are willing to travel there.
    Last edited by Azog 150; August 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Arn's Avatar Sponge worthy

Great suggestions, keep em coming

I've been thinking about Taormina actually. I've got a friend that's from sicily and he suggested it, but as you said I recon it was pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Arn; August 23, 2009 at 02:34 PM.
    I made a lot of music for RS II, and that is very awesome because RS II is a very awesome mod!

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Greece, indubitabely. We are full of beaches here. Not to mention the islands. Athens is nice, but Crete is great as well. Just don't go in any club filled area such as Malia...

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Arn View Post
    For 4 years in a row, my family and about 7 other swedish families that we know, have traveld to the spannish east coast, north of Barcelona. It's really nice but we're all a bit sick of Spain by now.

Do you guys know any nice places to travel to in southern europe?
    Preferably an averege size town by the sea an with beach, close to a major city.
    Somewhere near Roma, like Bracciano which is beside a lake.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers View Post
    Somewhere near Roma, like Bracciano which is beside a lake.
    why a lake if he can go to the beach? At this point, it's better Ostia Lido, 3 kms outside Rome

http://www.ostialido.it/en/index.php

But if i have to choose a beach location, i go with sardinia all life
    Last edited by DAVIDE; August 23, 2009 at 05:29 PM.

il padrino's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i say,Isola d'Elba (where Napoleon was exiled for the first time )

it's the coolest part of italy that i saw(considering beaches and sea) and i also had a great time.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by il padrino View Post
    i say,Isola d'Elba (where Napoleon was exiled for the first time )

it's the coolest part of italy that i saw(considering beaches and sea) and i also had a great time.
    Makes you wonder why Napoleon ever left...