Thread: We have a winner. - Tale of The Week 52

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default We have a winner. - Tale of The Week 52

Congratulations

TheTrueGreek has won Tale of The Week 52 with his Jedi Varus' s Legion. Well done and may the force be with you.

Jedi Varus's Legion.

START TRANSMISSION. It was cold, the rain seeping through our stormtroopers armor. A Geonosian traitor is guiding us to the last know location of General Greavus, but i fear we may be to late to save this planet. I have a feeling of grave danger ahead, but i cannot tell from where.

We spotted a Droid Destoyer up ahead, and the general deployed his troops into a grand line of men. 100,000 troops, 10 ranks deep, 10,000 ranks accross, with our capitol ship providing close support, morale was high, even in these conditions. It was then that we heard a rumbling inside the Republic's Savior, and she started to list as her left engine began to put out. Soon, we saw a fighter lift off from the Savior and fly off into the distance, confused, the general tried to contact the ship, but there was noone there to recieve the call. As the Savior continued to list, it began to drop.

Soon, the middle engine sputtered out, a huge explosion seen coming from it. Now the ship began to seemingly push itself towards our line, almost as if it wished touch the ground but its last engine wouldn't let it. Our commanders wouldn't let us look at the specticle, thinking that a droid attack could come at any time. Then, a screeching could be heard, although from where i have no recolection. Then there were explosions as the Savior began to fire its main cannons into our line, we were shocked, and didn't do anything at first, but we realigned our cannons and even though our heavy firepower tore at it, it kept shooting. Then, another rumble and its last engine sputtered out, it soon began to freefal, right at our lines.

It crashed and sent a huge wave of dust and blood and armor everywhere, 10,000 of our own troops were killed by the crash, with another 10,000 from it sliding over our men. Then, from under us, the ground began to shake. Out of the ground sprouted huge creatures, with mandables capable of ripping off an arm without effort. thousands of these sprouted up from the ground, ripping apart our army, and even though we fought back, their tough hide made nothing but the strongest of heavy weaponry useless. Master Varus killed many of these, before his head was ripped off by one of these creatures. At his death, we had nothing that could fight these monsters from Hell, and they ripped our armor and flesh apart, till our massive army was nomore.

I managed to hide in a cave nearby, however, i fear that i shall not be alive for long. May anyone who finds my body use this to know what happened to Master Varus's Legion. END TRANSMISSION
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: We have a winner. - Tale of The Week 52

Congrats TrueGreek!
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Congratulations on the victory, TheTrueGreek!
    Alea Iacta Est (The Die is Cast) - Gaius Julius Caesar
    An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
    We will either find a way, or make one - Hannibal Barca

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

Well done

EDIT: !
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Take Adventures in a Land Down Under. My latest AAR

Congratulations.
    Son of PW

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Congrats, man!

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Congradulations on a difficult task.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Truly Galactic....Congrads....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling