Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Mauryan Empire...... sort of

Default Re: [Preview] Mauryan Empire...... sort of

I have seen now - very good!
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Happy to see some Indians finally on the board Please take a look at Prometheus's Sacred Band unit, it's much better than current one in your mod.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    It's good to see some Indians finally there Please take a look at Prometheus's Sacred Band unit, it's much better than current one in your mod.
    welcome back!

The next version will have all FOE units merged... Have you seen the new Sacred Band in TIC?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    welcome back!

The next version will have all FOE units merged... Have you seen the new Sacred Band in TIC?
    Thank you. Yes, I have. But Prometheus's one is excellent too. So, you'll have to choose, select wisely
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Nice skins

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

And what about chariots, aqd? Will you replace them with more usable unit later, or not?
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

fourganger's Avatar Semisalis

Very nice, but I have one very minor gripe.

The non-towered elphants appear to be African elephants, rather than Indian elephants. Towered elphants look fine.

No biggie, but you might want to tell Prometheus.
    Whatcha' wearing?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Daddy smells leather...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    And what about chariots, aqd? Will you replace them with more usable unit later, or not?
    not planned because I have no research in mauryan empire at all

Quote Originally Posted by fourganger View Post
    Very nice, but I have one very minor gripe.

The non-towered elphants appear to be African elephants, rather than Indian elephants. Towered elphants look fine.

No biggie, but you might want to tell Prometheus.
    oh he's been away for years. I doubt he would still care about RG.....

Quote Originally Posted by fourganger View Post
    Yeah, the model for the indian elephant from res gestae that survived was in some sort of wip form and it looked like falling apart:

So the vanilla model was used instead. But if aqd wants to take a look at Prom`s model and fix it I can send the file.

The female archers look more tribal and wont me suitable for a Mauryan royal armies general...you could give them the Ksatriya archers as guards...they're there in Res Gestae files... Em here if u need any help on the Mauryan history and research... could give them a more different recruitment and make them a bit challenging...
    Last edited by svramj; October 03, 2009 at 05:52 AM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Female archers? Actually, I haven't noticed them on screenshots posted by aqd...
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I don't see any either...

Off topic: What actually happened with Prometheus? Everyone always says "survived" when referring to his work.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

He quit modding rtw after releasing the romans as a pack and left the rest of the finished stuff(that`s what he said at least) to a few people who were supposed to finish the mod in his place. These guys never did that during a couple years of waiting and finally the sub-forum here was moved to the morgue without anyone offering to point towards a valid link for the first release pack. Prom afaik moved on to mod oblivion and never bothered with rtw again. The rest of the stuff ended up on the drives of half a dozen people where it stayed until I pleaded with them and manage to get all units together as a patch. The stuff was largely a collection of unsorted files with differences in version from one pack to another(most of them not having sprites or ui cards, let alone codding) so it was a bit of hell to put them together. Comparing to the preview pictures some were in a wip state and other things from the previews were not included on either of these. Prom came back at some point and promised to look for the missing stuff, but he never did. Hence the expression "from what has survived".

I hope he will reconsider this abandon and finish the job. He could also use some help from us here.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by svramj View Post
    The female archers look more tribal and wont me suitable for a Mauryan royal armies general...you could give them the Ksatriya archers as guards...they're there in Res Gestae files... Em here if u need any help on the Mauryan history and research... could give them a more different recruitment and make them a bit challenging...
    Thanks!

The Mauryan empire never went to war with the Seleucids during this timeframe.
    Seleucus made a treaty with Chandrapugta(spelling?) in 303 BC, got 500 elephants in return for ceding the eastern provinces to India, which he could not have held onto anyway.
    From then on out, both sides remained at peace.
    India did fight with Bactria however.
    Intially Bactria was succesful, but they ultimately lost and were overun due to Parthia, internal strife and being involved in India.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Although, when the Mauryan Empire collapsed, Baktria invaded India again and conquered the Indus Valley, extending their empire by 100 years.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

eXACTLY

I love the quality of these units,that's why i made this short preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCvPamtkaHw

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

in what games is this? you have so many games!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast