View Poll Results: Should ETW Owners Get A Discount On NTW?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

319 78.77%
  • No

86 21.23%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ETW Owners Should Get Discounts...?

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default ETW Owners Should Get Discounts...?

What do you think? I think we people who paid $50 in order to buy ETW and now that they will abandon it (i.e. they've decided to stop working on ETW because of it's fail,*) in order to release NTW should deserve a discount on the purchase of NTW.

What do you think?

(*edit by TheFirstONeill)
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; August 22, 2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: accusation of lying removed

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Default Re: ETW Owners Should Get Discounts...?

A discount would be nice.

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

edit: no, you don't deserve anything.
    Last edited by D.B. Cooper; August 22, 2009 at 01:38 PM.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Kind of Like what Serria did with Red Baron II and Red Baron 3D? Red Baron II was a glitched up nightmare which you could never finish a single campaign, and multplayer didn't even work because the physics were messed up so if you even tried to turn or pull up on any plane it would fall a part. Insted of fixing the game a year or so later they released Red Baron 3D, anyone who owned Red Baron II was given the option to download a mega patch which turned Red Baron II into Red Baron 3D, but you had to have Red Baron II because the patch was a patch not a full game. Mega Patch was 100% free for Red Baron II owners.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Nope. You wouldn't expect money off any other expansion, why this one?
    morecuriousthanbold.com

They're still riding on how buggy the game was at release (not now, but release) to make it seem as if CA owes them something. Just because they read the occasional complaint on TWC they think everyone is having problems, 'cept the fact is it's probably less than a hundred people, against the thousands and thousands who bought this game and enjoy it immensely.

Even though I don't hate ETW and I look forward to N:TW, I still want a discount.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    They're still riding on how buggy the game was at release (not now, but release) to make it seem as if CA owes them something. Just because they read the occasional complaint on TWC they think everyone is having problems, 'cept the fact is it's probably less than a hundred people, against the thousands and thousands who bought this game and enjoy it immensely.
    I get nice crashes now and then, but most PC games have crashes even console games. Other than that I have very little to complain about on ETW all except I wish they never touched the game since release. I enjoyed it so much more when it was first released. Player's complaints on AI caused CA to dramatically make them too agressive and campaigns are most enjoyable just being an empire, having fun building an empire battles to me at just a wall that needs to be smashed while building it. I'm doing Easy/Easy because AI is so agressive it's annoying and still you can't make peace with people after you go to war with them without mopping the floor with their blood.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."

Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost View Post
    Nope. You wouldn't expect money off any other expansion, why this one?
    Except this isn't an expansion, NTW is a full-out standalone game.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaristh View Post
    It's still an expansion, a stand alone expansion. They exist.

Although some elements will carry over to Empire (we don't know what, though; only the graphics and new technologies have been confirmed so far).

Whilst it would be nice to have a discount, I don't feel like I'm owed one. I'm not sure as of yet whether the game would be worth full price, but based on what's been confirmed so far it seems to be worth more than a regular expansion. Most online stores are putting it at £24.99, which seems fair.

They're still riding on how buggy the game was at release (not now, but release)
    No, I'm making out on not only how buggy it was at release (it wasn't finished, there is so much evidence saying it wasn't), but the fact even now barely any of it has been fixed, and some "fixes" have made it even worse. Yet they have decided to stop trying to make it better and just move on to another game.

to make it seem as if CA owes them something. Just because they read the occasional complaint on TWC they think everyone is having problems, 'cept the fact is it's probably less than a hundred people, against the thousands and thousands who bought this game and enjoy it immensely.
    There are not just "occasional complaints", there are lots of them. Heck the criticism thread reached over thousands of replies and hundred of pages, but had to be reset due to it's massive size, while the praise thread reached barely over 100 or so replies. CA does owe us at least an apology, which we haven't gotten. How would you like it if you went to a McDonalds one day and ordered something. What you ordered was absolutely terrible in looks and taste, and then you complained to the management. They said they would replace your order, but you got to pay full price again.

Wouldn't you be ticked?

Actually we deserve a refund due to the lies and deceptive marketing prior to this release
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

It's still an expansion, a stand alone expansion. They exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Napoleon: Total War is an upcoming turn-based strategy and real-time tactics computer game developed by The Creative Assembly and published by Sega. It is a sequel to Empire: Total War...
    A "sequel" is, according to the dictionary:

a literary work, movie, etc., that is complete in itself but continues the narrative of a preceding work.
    So that would mean that Napoleon: Total War is in fact it's own game, but merely a sequel. It still contains some parts of ETW, but in itself is a separate game. Therefore, not an expansion.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

No, I'm making out on not only how buggy it was at release (it wasn't finished, there is so much evidence saying it wasn't), but the fact even now barely any of it has been fixed, and some "fixes" have made it even worse. Yet they have decided to stop trying to make it better and just move on to another game.

There are not just "occasional complaints", there are lots of them. Heck the criticism thread reached over thousands of replies and hundred of pages, but had to be reset due to it's massive size, while the praise thread reached barely over 100 or so replies. CA does owe us at least an apology, which we haven't gotten. How would you like it if you went to a McDonalds one day and ordered something. What you ordered was absolutely terrible in looks and taste, and then you complained to the management. They said they would replace your order, but you got to pay full price again.

Wouldn't you be ticked?
    Of course but if I asked for a free new one I would be worried of someone spitting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumina View Post
    Of course but if I asked for a free new one I would be worried of someone spitting in it.
    And if they did, what would you do? You'd probably never eat there again right? You may even go as far as to sue them correct? You didn't pay twice for a single burger marinated in saliva did you?

I believe this is a good message to CA in order so they know what will happen if they screw us over yet again on NTW, don't you?

Sure, I want money...

Sardonicus's Avatar Biarchus

A discount?
    Hell man, at this point CA would have to pay me $73.89 to install and play it.

So that would mean that Napoleon: Total War is in fact it's own game, but merely a sequel. It still contains some parts of ETW, but in itself is a separate game. Therefore, not an expansion.
    It's an expansion because some elements of the game will carry over into Empire. It has been confirmed that the new graphics engine and some of the new technologies will do so, and it is possible that other new features will as well.

It helps to know about what you're talking about before you start attacking it.

Piptoo's Avatar Civis

It is sure a shame that CA stated that it was a standalone and it will probably be charged like one.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast