Thread: .bak files in this mod???

Default .bak files in this mod???

Aqd,

I've noticed in your mod that in the data folder there is a file called export_descr_building.txt.bak

What is the difference between this bak file and the regular export_descr_building.txt file?

I ask this because although I am enjoying playing your mod there are certain things about it that I want to tweak to my preferences. For instance, I would like to increase the happiness bonus that some of the buildings give, but before I start editing anything I need to know what is going on with these unfamiliar .bak files. Thanks in advance!
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: .bak files in this mod???

It's old unused files. I'll remove all those in next vesion

Isn't the happiness bonus high enough? I never had any yellow faces in my campaign! BTW you can use races to increase public order. 30% at maximum

Aqd,

Thanks for the quick reply! The reason that I prefer higher happiness is because I like to have quick population growth. I also like to increase financial benefits of buildings because to me it is more fun when both you and the AI can mass produce armies without financial restraints as this leads to more and bigger battles.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

It depends on what faction you play. In the east both of AI and player should have no problem recruiting armies of high-quality units

I'm playing as the Romans and my people are happy as hell, but I don't have enough money to raise an army, and I can only afford to do construction in one province at a time. What is the key to overcoming the financial woes quickly without editing unit and building costs?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

expand south to develop trade. Don't waste any resource on poor gauls!

Will do, and thanks!