Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uniform Editor?

Icon5 Uniform Editor?

What is this exactly? It seems alot of people are asking this, so hopefully this thread will anwser some questions...

red_dragon's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Uniform Editor?

Only CA really knows, but I bet it will allow you to make your army colour pink and give them all silly hats.

You make a good point. How much editing can we hope to do? I mean will we get to create new "units" changing covers, colors adding various items or will it be minor tweaks to existing units for diversity purposes? Will the AI use this as well as part of random generation of units, breaking up clone regiments?

I'm supprised CA did not elaborate more on this point.

Miles
    The Netherlands, Brabant. close to Eindhoven.

I don't think the AI will be able to do this. They placed it in the Multiplayer part so only players that go online will use their edited uniforms I think. and it's editing, so not creating new ones...

but ofcourse, if we're lucky we will play a whole campaign with our own units

Decanus

I think it is only a colour editor like in War40k Dawn of War. You can change primary colour (coat), secondary (pants), symbols and so on. I doubt it will be more than that,

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

Does this mean that my dream of neon colored Russians in pink hussar hats with matching highlighter yellow pants marching across the fields of Europe shall finally become a reality?

Miles
    The Netherlands, Brabant. close to Eindhoven.

Quote Originally Posted by Dileos View Post
    Does this mean that my dream of neon colored Russians in pink hussar hats with matching highlighter yellow pants marching across the fields of Europe shall finally become a reality?
    I don't think you can change that much, but maybe xD

An editor that allows you to customize your uniforms of your army.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

OH uniform editor.
    I thought it was only for your general ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
    An editor that allows you to customize your uniforms of your army.
    Hence the name "uniform editor", but what does this encompass exactly, and though what interface? Thats the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nex Addo View Post
    What is this exactly? It seems alot of people are asking this, so hopefully this thread will anwser some questions...
    Don't expect too much of it .. It'll probably be very limited .. However , could be great if modders could change the choice , so you can really choose how units look like

BritPatriot1815's Avatar Ducenarius
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

I'm gonna make mine the smartest army in Europe, maybe some clever clogs could get the uniform editor onto Empire?
    How far will I go for Rome? At least to the end of the street, I hate walking

Well I wonder, since the units are made up of different parts, as part of their no clone policy, if we will be able to create some "frankin-units" mixing different "parts" ie different covers, pants, and jackets. That might make sense especially if you want to create some "ethnic" units, Add turbans to you line troops in Africa and India or something or distinguish a unit with a little something extra. There is a historical president for that, I mean consider the Mameluke sword being presented to US Marine officers after action in North Africa in 1815? So its not impossible to fathom. Would be a nice way to illustrate the new traditions of your expanding world Empire?

it allows you to change the color of the uniforms using a set of swatches

did you think it was some type of model editor? this is ca we're talking about.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope that it will work for every individual unit, not just unit type. I.e. if you have two units of line infantry you can make them look different. There isn't much point if all your line infantry units will continue to look all the same.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    I hope that it will work for every individual unit, not just unit type. I.e. if you have two units of line infantry you can make them look different. There isn't much point if all your line infantry units will continue to look all the same.
    That's may be asking too much, but the feature for customizing unit type looks is great anyway

I just hope the proper modding tools are released so we can mod the different countries historically.I doubt the NTW release will be very accurate.There are hundreds of sites online with uniform detail for every country so I hope it's possible for everyone to mod the whole game as they please.No more dlc s needed.

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

My immediate guess was that it would be for personal armies online.

Y'know, so they're YOUR army, and people will remember that Your army looked like such-and-such.

Like DOW.

I hope we can choose patterns and clothing. I'd have white uniforms with Bicorne hats and vertical Humbug-striped leggings, like the marines in ETW

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

yeah its only going to be for online, i read it somewhere and it was in the multiplayer section, so dont expect it on the campaign.

Which is a shame because i love customizing but i never really play games online, but im hoping this feature will be for custom battles aswell if not for the campaign.

another thing is i wouldve loved to have the option in empire to fight the custom battles as either a republic or monarchy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast