Thread: How to change national language.

Hegemon de Pagan's Avatar Libertus

Default How to change national language.

Idea was great to hear native (or mostly navite in some examples like Savoy or Courland ect..) language when we play it. But some people cannot hold to hear in german "sir", or english when play Louisiana. So here are quick steps to solve it.

#1 First we must have .pack editor. Download for example here: Pack File Manager

#2 Open by toy from step #1 main.pack file from data directory in your empire folder. For example: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    (here can be different file due to mods or clean instalation. If u use Vanila skip to #3 step. If u using a mod for example Imperial Splendour you must edit "Imperial Splendour.pack" file. I think in other mods also their .pack files, or maybe main.pack will be enough to edit. I don't test it.

#3 Go to faction tables inside file following that tree: db / faction_tables / factions

#4 Then pick nation are you interesting in and go to the column called "Abrevation" That is 5 from end. And edit it due to shortcuts below.

There are now 17 languages default in game:

Ar - Arabic...
    Cz - Czech... but what he doing in E:TW
    Du - Dutch
    Fr - French
    Ge - German
    Hi - Hindu
    It - Italian
    Pe - Persian
    Pl - Polish
    Po - Portuguese
    Ru - Russian
    Sp - Spanish
    Sw - Swedish
    Tu - Turkish
    Uk - English
    Us - American
    Us_trib - American Tribal...

If someone want to don't hear any kind of it in game just delete or better rename your voices.pack in data folder.

Ps. sory for my poor english & have fun!

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Default Re: How to change national language.

Czech..maybe because Bohemia are older than many other factions ...
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

It dosn't matter whih faction are older or something (many more olders don't have language in that game) I just wonder (like i write upper) why that language are represented in Empire:TW. Why they spend, time, space and money to make it (works fine i test it) if we don't hear it in the game. Cause not even emergent faction represent that language.

For example still medicorne strong faction and with brillant past at these period of time - Denmark don't have self language, even admirality. That i was wonder, but it's good start to someone who want to make a semi-realistic mod and separate Bohemia& Moravia from Austria Empire ;}

Dutch ! Huzzah !

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

Why is have denmark not there own languages

Maybe here u got your answer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

the arabic in ETW is wrong .... if CA cant hire a good arabic actor then i prefer they dont do it

And how do I change this one for darth mod? It seems like the mod removes all changes and go back to the original file. But where is that file located?

You must edit DM .pack file probably, i wasn't for "a while" in modding so i can't tell you which one now, but i planning to start it again soon so will let you know if it catch my eye.