Thread: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 vs 11

Fight!'s Avatar Question Everything.

Default Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 vs 11

Having played the tenth installment of the RotTK series, I have become enamored with said series. Having looked over reviews on RotTK 11, I think it looks great. But I have experienced many misleading reviews and am thinking I may just wait for RotTK 12 (assuming they have one)

So is RotTK 11 worth buying for someone with a tight wallet? (as in: cash < $60)
    Roll over the names for quotes

Aristotle || Buddha || Musashi

Under the proud patronage of Saint Nicholas
    Proud patron of ★Bandiera Rossa☭

Default Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 vs 11

It is a different game than 10 but it is good.

If you get it get the PC version, its by far the superior game.

This version is more of a pure strategy game btw.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Having 11 for PS2 I got it at GS For 25$. Also If you have played 9 It is very similar But 11 has better graphics and several other things.

Fight!'s Avatar Question Everything.

I know about the new duel and debate systems as well as the ability to choose oath brothers and spouses, what else is there?
    Roll over the names for quotes

Aristotle || Buddha || Musashi

Under the proud patronage of Saint Nicholas
    Proud patron of ★Bandiera Rossa☭

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

The PC version 11 is much better than 10 IMO. Overall the RTK series are nice but still don't compare to Total War series. Another thing is that only the Asian version comes with expansion pack (PUK);so unless you speak Chinese/Japanese etc., you'll only be able to get the simplified English version. You'll have fun with it for a few weeks but once the eye candy wears off you'll quickly put it down. It seems KOEI doesn't give a damn when it comes to its Western fans. Without the PUK its worth about $20.

Now as far as strategy goes. Its not like the original earlier series of the early-late 90's. Strategy disappeared from the Series around RTK 6. These days the series is more driven toward the average 6 year old kid; so nothing too complicated after all the average attention span of the current 6-year old fan is significantly lower. KOEI of the time of its "Genghis Khan" era game(s) is not the same as KOEI of today. Again as far as strategy goes the Total War series are superior + you get those real battles (RTK is still just numbers and few basic animations as far as battles go).

Diplomacy is also broken in RTK 11. For example, I can set up an alliance or cease-fire with a faction then go destroying their facilities AND/OR capture their officers by attacking killing their units with a officer with sorcery + capture skill and the AI never breaks alliance/ceasefire; because of alliance/ceasefire the AI also never attack your units while they cause havoc in the AI territory.
    Last edited by Stario; November 14, 2010 at 05:52 AM.

Man, I've played the PUK versions with english patches for 11 and 12, and the base game of 13.
    They just keep getting worse.
    Im trying to find a version of 10 to see if its better... i watched some gameplay, looks good.

Also keep ur eye out for the indie steam game Three Kingdoms : The Last Warlord.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod