Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Histwar; for those looking for something realistic

Default Histwar; for those looking for something realistic

This Napoleonic game comes out in 5-6 weeks from now.

It will be different from NTW as the graphics and motions will not be as good but it will be very realistic and its been made by wargaming nuts for people that want a real Napoleonic experience. If you felt that ETW was unrealistic, badly modelled and rushed out you may want to look at Histwar.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...125&Itemid=176

http://www.napoleonic.commandersatwa...php?f=26&t=149

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_lN3...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j211HA83UXo

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Histwar: for those who feel that ETW is not realistic

thanks for heads-up Mowers.

may well be worth getting!

Now if ETW had this ....

4/ The doctrine editor:

This feature, which I have never seen before in any game, is a crucial part of your army making, and overall plan. It specifies what reactions your junior commanders (colonels) will have in specific situations. For example, do you want to allow heavy cavalry to chase down fleeing enemy units? Sure, that might guarantee a destruction of said unit or its capture, but what if while chasing the enemy it encounters stiffer resistance and is itself routed or captured. Do you want to take that risk or do you play it safe?

If a detached unit meets a stronger opponent, do you want it to engage at all cost, engage only if attacked or try to disengage? These and many other parameters will be available for you to customize to your war waging taste.
    http://www.napoleonic.commandersatwa...php?f=26&t=149

it would be much improved!

some video trailers here:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/les_grog/video.html
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 21, 2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: added info

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Histwar; for those looking for something realistic

This sounds and looks great,I've got TC2M and go back to that when I need a dose of realism,will get this when its out.Thanks.

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

I am hoping against hope that this is the game I have always been waiting for... ever since I started playing with plastic figures and reading Chandler... namely a proper wargame.

Although I love Total War (I've been playing CA's games for the last nine years) what I have always wanted is to be able to be a proper army commander, with subordinates who will fight their formations in a sensible manner, interpreting my orders with respect to their character and the local situation.

I have high hopes for the HistWar multi-level command structure and AI. If it is successful, maybe CA will be shocked out of their cosy control system that hasn't changed markedly since Shogun.

Just imagine if you could turn part of your army over to the AI and it actually did something sensible!
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Well in regards to AI I think it will probably be okay but nothing ground breaking.

But with the internet there is always an opponent to be found and finally you will be actually fight realistic battles of the era. With the map generator, realistic OOB's and gameplay you are not going to face any of the issues that plague the MP total war series. Plus you can fight absolutely massive battles over huge areas with many players - Lepzig here we come

The game is a work of love, its taken years to develop, nearly a decade infact, so we know that the team behind it will support the game after it is released. With the focus the gameplay and realism not stupid gimicky gameplay degrading graphics and pointless distracting functionality we can expect a real game.

Mowers

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

I've been waiting for that one for a long time now
    Just keep in mind that it will be a very different game than Total War: you won't be playing a strategic campaign. It will be purely a wargame (ah, but what a wargame! )

I'm a fan of the Take Command wargames and the Ageod strategy games. Total War is unique because it combines battles and strategy, but when I want the real deal I have to turn to those games.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

I'll be looking into this.

idk about this game.... it was supposed to come out in 06 i have been watching it for awhile it has been pushed back alot to say the least i might buy it but i will get Napoleon total war too
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Aye, looks interesting. The Youtube vids show some significant improvement in just a few months of development time - much smoother in the second, later one.

4/ The doctrine editor:
    wow, if this is going to be as good as it sounds.... wow!
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

From the trailer I watched the eye candy monkeys won't be impressed - but that was a beta, maybe it'll be better on release.

Yeah, the eye candy monkees will not be impressed but one thing that CA has proved is that you can have the best graphics out there but it doesnt equate to gameplay or realism. Infact so distracted by the eye candy was CA they failed to develop an actual "game"

I think we don't need two threads about this new game, sorry. Threads merged.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

RTW-level graphics will be sufficient for me, provided we get believable European terrain and decent pathfinding.

I shall have my fingers crossed until the release date.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

The game looks fun, but is it real time or turn based? it is made by wargamers so i think its prolly turn based which is a turn off lol

-TWC moderation Staff

You should read through the website the information is easy to find You may even find some more interesting information there.

"Variable speed play from real time 1 minute = 1 minute to accelerated 10x time where 6 seconds of gametime = 1 minute of simulated time. PBEM mode played in 15 minute turns."

So its turn based? or is it real time? if its real time i will get it for sure but if it turn based i will not

-TWC moderation Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    From the trailer I watched the eye candy monkeys won't be impressed - but that was a beta, maybe it'll be better on release.
    Agreed, it's not exactly the definition of eye candy, but it's beautiful in other aspects. Accurate uniforms, size of the battlefields, number of troops, marching sounds good. Even the pathfinding based on the trailer looks to be good, but that's not something you can really tell with just a gameplay video.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

bibouba's Avatar Miles

It s real time but you can play also by mail

Quote Originally Posted by bibouba View Post
    It s real time but you can play also by mail
    thnx for answering me i will get it i like the graphics they are very pretty (slightly better than rome) I will play as france and destory the Austrians once and for all!

-TWC moderation Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast