Thread: Ntw features getting into etw

Laetus

Default Ntw features getting into etw

Hey people, just thought you should know i've made some finds at the official forums i dont know if it has been mentioned before, but just read,

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6...ar-impressions

there is somethings stating that ntw features will get into etw yay CA

Default Re: Ntw features getting into etw

Well this is certainly good news if it proves to be accurate. Of course, the article only mentions an optional graphics patch, there is no mention of any other features (uniform creator, multiplayer campaign etc)... but it's a certainly a good start (albeit a late one). If Empire delivers the features promised at its launch by Napoleon's release, I may pick the new game up, but I buy games when I respect the developer's efforts, which is not possible if the developer has recently committed fraud to my detriment.

Killer.

So you can play as different historical characters?

Best of all, owners of Empire will be able to upgrade their existing game with the new Napoleon engine, giving Empire a new visual lease on life.
    my guess...you'll have to buy the game to utilize its engine upgrades.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

That's what I was hoping for, that is some excellent news but is it fully true? Meaning if we start a Campaign as Prussia in E:TW does that mean we have all the E:TW stuff then the N:TW stuff added on? meaning will Imperial France arise? Meaning Napoleon claim the throne and such.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

read what i quoted. apparently you just get new visuals. probably updated particle effects like drifting smoke.

but then again they don't specify whether or not etw owners who don't buy ntw will get the update.

I bet there will be an alternative grand campaign... as in, a default one extended through the napoleonic ara, and one which starts with revolutionary france...

Hopefully they will have one in that era so you can start playing as say, the United States and have the war of 1812 played out in historical context, with the brits going "aww crap" and having to fight a war overseas while still having to focus the bulk of their attention on ol' boney.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    I bet there will be an alternative grand campaign... as in, a default one extended through the napoleonic ara, and one which starts with revolutionary france...

Hopefully they will have one in that era so you can start playing as say, the United States and have the war of 1812 played out in historical context, with the brits going "aww crap" and having to fight a war overseas while still having to focus the bulk of their attention on ol' boney.
    That would be extremely nice, but sadly. I doubt it.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

I'm looking forward to the "not as many clones" upgrade...

Best of all, owners of Empire will be able to upgrade their existing game with the new Napoleon engine, giving Empire a new visual lease on life.
    Im liking that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the "not as many clones" upgrade...
    Me too!

I think there will be more clones, but spread across many more unit types in N:TW. 64 faces all up is not that many; somehow I doubt they're going to randomise them across all unit types, so presumably, E:TW units won't be affected by that one.

I wonder what the Uniform Creator is going to be? Does it mean a stand alone project or something in game where you can make You own countries uniforms out of I would guess some Preexisting Designs?

The more I hear that Empire and Napoleon TW's interact the happier I am. Now I am excited. I hope that uniform editor works in Empire, That should have been a standard feature. Hopefully it will be a feature in all TW games from here on out, I mean even the legions looked different.

July 14, 2008. Information given out via Mark O' Connel on Totalwarblog.com. Nine months prior to release.

Uniforms in that time period were mostly similar, how will you keep armies from becoming clones again?
    Not all units are created equal - a number of units are not ‘regular’ army troops, and have plenty of scope for variation. Each unit we are using has a variety of different faces, hair colours, haircuts and facial hair. Unit equipments, such as backpacks and ammo pouches, have a variety of positions and sizes and there is also some variation with unit weaponry.
    We’re also introducing a system that allows us to alter any part of the unit on a per-unit basis, so for each unit type we can add variety wherever possible and appropriate. Even the most uniform of uniforms can have hats at different angles, some buttons unfastened, shorter or longer coat tails, different shoes and all manner of visual flavour. Of course, with the more exotic unit types the world is our oyster!
    Faction colouring is done in a cunning way, and we can have slightly different areas of faction colour on each soldier. Dynamic dirt and wounding will mean that in the heat of battle, every man in the unit will display a different level of grime and injury. All of this is intended to give us as much flexibility in de-cloning the units of men as possible.
    August 19, 2009. Information relayed to IGN for a pre-release preview of N:TW with statements issued by Kieran Brigden, Studio Communcations Manager at CA.

...although this time round Creative Assembly will be adding more variety in the way the men look, with the aim being to eliminate the 'clone army' problem. Indeed, the game will mix and match different body parts to make soldiers look individual and unique, with 64 different faces on offer even on the very lowest settings.
    I'll be very curious to see if CA decides to tell the truth for this release regarding the elimination of the clone army problems. The more I think about it, the more i'm feeling that CA purposely held back content for an expansion or "stand alone product" to be released shortly after E:TW
    Last edited by Abspara; August 22, 2009 at 02:37 AM.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
    The more I think about it, the more i'm feeling that CA purposely held back content for an expansion or "stand alone product" to be released shortly after E:TW
    I'm sorry to say, I would not be suprised. Oh how corporations love to play games.

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    my guess...you'll have to buy the game to utilize its engine upgrades.
    If Empire "could" be upgraded, no confirmation yet from CA, then of course you'd have to buy the game, they are afterall, a business and a business has to make money

Fail to see what would be wrong with this ?

Furthermore, I think it's ludicrous to think that The Creative Assembly purposely would restrain from adding gameplay elements into a game in developement. My guess is that they have a list of features and try to include as manny as possible while the game is in development, once a critical time limit as been reached, they have to restrain themselves from adding other ones because otherwise they would not finish the game on time.

And yes, unfortunnatly, CA has to respect their publishers time limits.