Thread: I think that on Oblivion must be created an epic novel...

Default I think that on Oblivion must be created an epic novel...

I think tath, for each chapter of TES must be created a novel with all wuests and adventures, a great fantasy book. Camon, A lot of people have read Harry Potter or Narnia, why not a great novel on Oblivion? or Morrowind? or Blood Moon? why? It would be interesting such like The Lord Of The RIng I think. I think tath there are a lot of adventures to speak about and a lot of beautifull place to recount. On each chapter of TES could be done a colossal of 6/8 h each and with spectaculars screens and pics. Wath do you think about?

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: I think tath on Oblivion must be created an epic novel...

Terrible idea.

Oblivion is not interesting enough to be made into a book. The main quest is one giant fetch quest.

Fetch the amulet, fetch Martin, fetch the book from the Mythic Dawn, fetch the artifacts and so on.

There's no real character development and it would be hard to write in imaginary characters. Also, you'd have to ignore the rest of the game, just focus on the main quest. As important as becoming Arena Grand Champion is, the world around you is supposedly falling apart in a rain of fire and death, so all of the other questlines must be written out since it isn't important.

No, a book based on Oblivion wouldn't be any good. A book based on the Elder Scrolls universe though, could be good. Just leave out the storylines from the games.

But the story of Barenziah may make a good book and it encompasses the events of Daggerfall, so that may be an option. It's the only "story" I can think of that wouldn't be bad.

Default Re: I think that on Oblivion must be created an epic novel...

lol, milions of people read harry potter, why they wouldn't read TES? IN tes u can also create historys about elves, legends and a lot of other things, u only need a little immagination.

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

There are already hundreds of books within the TES games themselves, and they've begun to work on TES novels anyhow. The first is due out in November.

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Would be nice if they actually applied the lore described in the books to the game. The books might as well not be there if they speak of conflicts between races and nothing seems to show any tension through the game.

great! I will buy it!