Thread: Multiplayer Map Pack 01

Icon2 Multiplayer Map Pack 01

This map pack is made by mp payers for mp players. It contains a collection of 39 fair and balanced maps created by Tsailen, Kronos and myself. Most of them are available in 1v1-4v4 format.

Map Pictures:
    Click to view content: 

Arcani Plains

Colorado

Death Valley

Dunes

Fight Club

Flat Maps

Georgia

High Ground

Iowa

Ireland

River Valley

Reinforcments

Install Instructions:
    1)Download multiplayermappack01.zip here

2)De-compress multiplayermappack01.zip using the latest version of 7zip. Winrar will not work with this release.

3)After you extract multiplayermappack01.zip, there will be 2 files; multiplayermappack01.pack and multiplayermappack_loc_01.pack

Move both files, to the:
    ...\program files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\

It should look like this when your finished:
    Click to view content: 

4)Start Empire, enjoy!

Release Notes:
    • Back by popular demand, River Valley has its original deployment zones.
    • It is a very good idea to create a new replay folder before you run empire after installing this pack. if you want to save battle replays please make a new folder.

Instructions for finding replay folder:
    Click to view content: 
    in xp the replay folder is located at:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\replays

If you cannot see the Application Data folder you need to enable "view hidden files" from the folder options.
    If you do not know how to do this then learn here

I dont mind helping with small issues, but i am not going to act as basic tech support for 7zip or operating systems.

How to 7zip

How to move files

I have created a group in steam called ETW Map Pack. If you download these maps please join this group so others can invite you to map pack games.
    Last edited by FearofNC; August 20, 2009 at 09:01 PM.

"The experienced soldier, once in motion, is never bewildered;
    once he has broken camp, he is never at a loss.” - Sun Tzŭ

Default Re: Multiplayer Map Pack 01

looks great
    why dont do a city map that's all the map is city but it's still a Land Battle not siege[i'm hope you understand me]
    Horse bug(Don't bump the thread)

The amount of models on the screen would be a resource hog, and these are maps for playing online. People want balanced and fair maps and a city map would favor camping tactics. It has been suggested in the map pack steam groups page on making a lake map. I am currently working on it and I am open to map suggestions. But any maps I make will be for online play. They will use only a few textures and a few models so that they dont lag and will load fast. Some map makers are more concerned with looks than playability, I am not one of them.

"The experienced soldier, once in motion, is never bewildered;
    once he has broken camp, he is never at a loss.” - Sun Tzŭ

Hey mate, sry about this comment, but i have problems in moving my file to \program files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\. I looked up at the links for help and I did the exact same instructions. Yet it still does not work! The 7zip type I downloaded though is the exe. type, will that cause the problem? If not, can you please help me. Sry about this

this would have been great if all the maps werent flat with the exception of one map which has what looks like proceduarlly placed trees.... it's not exactly an exciting change.
    Last edited by evulclown; September 18, 2009 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evulclown View Post
    this would have been great if all the maps werent flat with the exception of one map which has what looks like proceduarlly placed trees.... it's not exactly an exciting change.
    Did you even play the maps? Only hte flat map is... flat. The rest do have small rolling hills and/or vegitation. The point is multiplayer balance but not a plain map. Which they excel at! Do you know why there are a lot of campers or map exploits? Because of hte sheer unbalance of vanilla maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannationer View Post
    Hey mate, sry about this comment, but i have problems in moving my file to \program files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\. I looked up at the links for help and I did the exact same instructions. Yet it still does not work! The 7zip type I downloaded though is the exe. type, will that cause the problem? If not, can you please help me. Sry about this

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data is an XP address.

Vista is different, and sounds like maybe what you have?

I don't have that information (any more), but maybe someone here can help with the Vista address
    Last edited by Tomisama; September 26, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

All I can say is... Flat maps!

crashes with Version 1.5 german version

starting etw, see the start screen, etw closes without error message.
    No other mods installed.

any idea?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

The modder of this maps seems away since some month. Can anybody answer a question of these maps? For example the maps reinforcements and rivervalley are missing in this pack?

Thanks
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Thank you for the good work of the maps.

is it on custom battles?

File not found

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Its a real Real shame that there is no link for this map pack.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

I know this topic is very old but does someone have this map pack and can share it with us please? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.