Thread: Fast multiplayer campaign?

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

Default Fast multiplayer campaign?

Hey guys! These current multis are dragging for sooo long, you cant get any real action out of them. Kinda boring... So how about making a fast (well, relatively) going multiplayer campaign? Here is the idea:
    It takes small number of dedicated players (4-5?) with several hours of free time daily in the evening. All should be europeans, since we need a close time zone. We will need a software (like X-Fire) installed for instant messaging and file sharing. And thats pretty much it. So if on most evenings u stay not far from your PC, like me, we can make it work. So what do u think? Is it realistic?

Default Re: Fast multiplayer campaign?

you could do that.. but its all about finding the right people...for example most of the heavily dedicated multiplayer players are all currently either in a campaign or in two of them. So trying right now might end up being a bust lol. If you want a fast game play with your family or get like 2-3 people together you know very well on xfire and have a campaign playing as factions all near each other and try to conquer and split everything together just for the hell of it.

Yeah, u r right, Kensei. It just that most of my online buddies are up to other games (multiplr FPS mostly), so it wont be easy. But i'll figure out smthing.

im thinking the same thing Pesto. It takes about week and a half when i get to play my turn and its getting ing boring because it takes so long. I dont get any action in the game. i even told triforce to start new gampaing so we can get more action put i think he´s playing a few all ready so i dont know.

if you are ready to start a new gampaing you can count me in if it really is a fast multiplayer

Good to know it, Tony. But now, after some experience in hotseats, im beginning to doubt the fast one is even possible here I mean u can make it fast with 3-4 dedicated players, but it just means fighting AI most of the time, which makes the hotseat pointless.

Ultra_Magnus's Avatar Semisalis

Yeh the one main problem with hotseats..... It is doable to have a fun 4 player hotseat, Just change the victory conditions... Say the 1st player to control Italy or something like. It is bound to make some action.. Otherwise yeh it just turns into rebel bashing which is what single player is..

I would be intresed if you can wait till january..

Yeah, good idea. I'll have pretty much free time in Jan.
    Meanwhile, lets think of some details, rules and stufff.
    Also, would be great if some1 else could be a host since i never done it.

Ultra_Magnus's Avatar Semisalis

Ok cool,

I dont mind hosting especially if we keep the number of players low say maximum of 4 maybe 5 if they are a proven to be quick and reliable.

First thing, What version of SS (there is just so many to choose from)?

I wouldn't mind 6.2 NO submods or 6.1 no submods either... But I think BYG is just too much for a hotseat, We will see how the other game goes..

Yeah lets first see how that big SS 6.2 will go. And yeah, 5 players max i think.

Quote Originally Posted by pesto alla genovese View Post
    Hey guys! These current multis are dragging for sooo long, you cant get any real action out of them. Kinda boring... So how about making a fast (well, relatively) going multiplayer campaign? Here is the idea:
    It takes small number of dedicated players (4-5?) with several hours of free time daily in the evening. All should be europeans, since we need a close time zone. We will need a software (like X-Fire) installed for instant messaging and file sharing. And thats pretty much it. So if on most evenings u stay not far from your PC, like me, we can make it work. So what do u think? Is it realistic?
    Salam

YEs why not I'm from Kazakhstan, I'd like play game in online startegy compain game.

Let me know if you didn't changed your mine.

Guys

I'm strong strategy gamer

Hay there =D
    I'd love to play this game with you guys.
    I'm German ( i.e. right in the middle of Europe)
    and have X-Fire already installed. Furthermore i have
    enough freetime in the evening and the afternoon to
    play my turns fast enough. Hope to play with you soon ^^

I doubt i can make it currently - not enough free time =(
    But i believe u guys can certainly do it without me. Besides, two of u r germans - this would ease up the gaming.

whoever wants a fast HS could just join this one.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=327037

more players needed