Thread: This is rather odd...

Default This is rather odd...

I've finally gotten the IB BRGII mod installed and working after a few false starts (I am a fan of your mods having played IB ove and over and over...very good stuff). However, I have gone to start as the WRE in the 463 ad campaign. Only thing is I cant play it..what happens is that it plays itself...by that it just keeps going through the turns automatically, the AI doing all the work for me. I tried to play the Irish or whatever they are named, and the same thing happened. I have no idea what I had done wrong..I've installed the game properly as per instructions and all that...some clue as to whats going on would be nice. If you need anymore info then I shall provide

Help!
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: This is rather odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis View Post
    I've finally gotten the IB BRGII mod installed and working after a few false starts (I am a fan of your mods having played IB ove and over and over...very good stuff). However, I have gone to start as the WRE in the 463 ad campaign. Only thing is I cant play it..what happens is that it plays itself...by that it just keeps going through the turns automatically, the AI doing all the work for me. I tried to play the Irish or whatever they are named, and the same thing happened. I have no idea what I had done wrong..I've installed the game properly as per instructions and all that...some clue as to whats going on would be nice. If you need anymore info then I shall provide
    Help!
    Welcome Justinian Australis,
    probably your destination path looks like:
    "C:\...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -ai -show_err -mod:rio

erase the -ai to have the following command line:

"C:\...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio

Let me know if it works then

Thanks margio, that worked. Such a simple solution..

This all looks great...gotta get used to the size of the campaign map. There is one little minor annoyance...in the fact that a fair few of the units have the peasant unit card. In battle they look as they should but it makes it a bit of a just looking at peasant cards when recruiting troops and not knowing by sight what they are without having to click on them and all that. Like I said, its minor, it doesn't affect the game at all..but just rather annoying.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Thanks margio, that worked. Such a simple solution..

This all looks great...gotta get used to the size of the campaign map. There is one little minor annoyance...in the fact that a fair few of the units have the peasant unit card. In battle they look as they should but it makes it a bit of a just looking at peasant cards when recruiting troops and not knowing by sight what they are without having to click on them and all that. Like I said, its minor, it doesn't affect the game at all..but just rather annoying.
    Hi Justinian Australis

The peasant card issue I'm worried maybe a result of not a correct or full download of the mod a possible faulty DL of sorts. It may be that a few units(a couple at most) may need the correct info unit card but it should't be much more than that.

There are some major updates with the mod for a new upgrade that you may want to check out on the forum site..gl and feel free to put in any input

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Hi Rio...thanks for your input. As far as I could tell the install went perfectly, whether the downloaded file itself was faulty I do not know.

I decided on a re-install...following the usual steps...clean 1.6 install, copy the bi folder and rename the copy to rio and then installed the modswitcher file installer that I downloaded from filefront. It all installed fine but now as I go to run it all it does is go straight to vanilla BI.

I checked the target link in my short cut and it had the -show_err -mod:rio command. The whole thing read like this.. "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio. which is how its installed on my computer, the RTW version I have is Gold

Everything else looks fine. For the life of me I cant recall how I got it to work last time. It's a straight forward install just by reading the instructions, I am sure you've answered this very question a zillion times already but I am a little miffed. I've looked at the instruction page for the installer with regards to getting the launcher right and all that. If there is anything else you need to know then I'll provide it.

Cheers!
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Hi Rio...thanks for your input. As far as I could tell the install went perfectly, whether the downloaded file itself was faulty I do not know.

I decided on a re-install...following the usual steps...clean 1.6 install, copy the bi folder and rename the copy to rio and then installed the modswitcher file installer that I downloaded from filefront. It all installed fine but now as I go to run it all it does is go straight to vanilla BI.

I checked the target link in my short cut and it had the -show_err -mod:rio command. The whole thing read like this.. "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio. which is how its installed on my computer, the RTW version I have is Gold

Everything else looks fine. For the life of me I cant recall how I got it to work last time. It's a straight forward install just by reading the instructions, I am sure you've answered this very question a zillion times already but I am a little miffed. I've looked at the instruction page for the installer with regards to getting the launcher right and all that. If there is anything else you need to know then I'll provide it.

Cheers!
    It can be seemingly so amazingly touchy for some reason
    Try copying and pasting this in your launcher properties

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio

I am beginning to think that this mod hates me...I've tried at least five to six times to get it to run but to no avail.

Now my old IBFD 7 install on my other PC died out of the blue as well! Something about a missing line in the desc_settlement plan file. It was fine last night and all of a sudden this morning it wasn't working

Oh well, back to the drawing board
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

I am beginning to think that this mod hates me...I've tried at least five to six times to get it to run but to no avail.

Now my old IBFD 7 install on my other PC died out of the blue as well! Something about a missing line in the desc_settlement plan file. It was fine last night and all of a sudden this morning it wasn't working

Oh well, back to the drawing board

I got a feeling when you reinstalled not all files were not previously deleted. Sometimes happens with Vista windows but gotta make sure before a clean 1.6 bi is installed there is nothing(rtw/bi files) still left over on the comp.

Yeah, I thought that too...I've had that problem in the past. I've scoured the registry to removedanything related to RTW... .dll links and all that, the Activision folder which always seems to be left behind, save games, everything, patches...taking no chances this time

The PC i have been previously trying to install on has XP..the last time I tried was on my Vista machine..Vista seems to hate games I will try again on the Vista once I've completely removed everything. I will not be defeated in this, I love the mods too much
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Woooooooo! I finally got it installed and working properly...I beleive I was installing it wrong perhaps, probably misread the instructions somehow (was installing it directly into the copied BI folder as opposed to copying the BI folder then just installing it into the main RTW). Happy to say all is now fine and dandy.

I am just getting used to the huge unit upkeeps that the WRE has...makes paying attention to your economy and the size of your garrisons and armies ultra important. Big challenge lies ahead. Love it
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Woooooooo! I finally got it installed and working properly...I beleive I was installing it wrong perhaps, probably misread the instructions somehow (was installing it directly into the copied BI folder as opposed to copying the BI folder then just installing it into the main RTW). Happy to say all is now fine and dandy.

I am just getting used to the huge unit upkeeps that the WRE has...makes paying attention to your economy and the size of your garrisons and armies ultra important. Big challenge lies ahead. Love it
    Good Justinian Australis
    ...Yes.. just make a copy the original bi folder thats within your rtw folder and then change that copied bi folders name to rio. Then install
    Last edited by Riothamus; September 17, 2009 at 09:18 AM.