Thread: Carl Sagan and others in: "Symphony of Science"

Default Carl Sagan and others in: "Symphony of Science"

I posted this previously here, but it was moved to the Arts where it quickly died a slow and painful death as I figured it would. So I'm asking that this one to not be moved, as it is as much of a science related topic as a music one.

Anyways, some brilliant man made a few music videos featuring primarily Carl Sagan, along with other big names like, Dawkins, Kaku, Feynman, Hawking, deGrasse Tyson, and none other than BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY . Presumably, more will come.

Well, here they are for your entertainment

"A Glorious Dawn"

This one is based mostly on Sagan's "Cosmos" series, with a little of Stephen Hawking thrown in as a bonus. It actually makes me a little sad listening to it, as Sagan unfortunately died long before he should have, robbing us of his brilliant insight into the universe, and his talent to simplify complicated subjects and make them accessible to even the most scientifically illiterate.

"We Are All Connected"

This one also features Feynmann, BILL NYE, and Tyson, but still primarily based around Sagan.

"Our Place in the Cosmos"

Featuring Richard Dawkins, Robert Jastrow, Michio Kaku (personal favorite of mine, as he's responsible for putting me on the path to physics), some narrator, and ofcourse Carl Sagan. This one's got a awesome beat to it.

More are likely to come, so if you're interested visit http://symphonyofscience.com/ periodically

Monarchist's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Carl Sagan and others in: "Symphony of Science"

I don't particularly like this, but it reminded me so sweetly of Cosmos. Carl Sagan is my favourite presenter in the history of television documentaries. His sweet and understanding way of explaining things to us plebs always touched me. Such a high-minded man of science truly deserves remembrance! If Sagan had just lived past 1997, he might have known our discoveries of water on the moon, and so many other things about Saturn's satellites now lost to him. Surely (though he was not a believer), I believe he probably watches the new discoveries from beyond the veil. All that he missed in the last 12 years have not been for nothing, however; he started the two Voyager missions with his enthusiasm. We owe Pioneer to him, as well as so many other things!

Ironically, it was his glorious description of our massive universe that helped me believe in God. He must know a place in beloved memory for all time to come!
    "Pauci viri sapientiae student."
    Cicero