Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.02 WSR Diplomatic Thread

Default Re: BC 2.02 WSR Diplomatic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Merlox View Post
    The "Call for re-enforcements" isn't a crusade, the host specificly when (Jihad/Crusade is when every one gets a flag, and goes 2.5x speed. and the army's upkeep is free. Major problem in past games.)

If that was disabled, also the fact that Kypchak's "Call of the Horde" would be considered this as well, and your stacks would be disbanded manually by the host.
    hardly the same thing. for you to get a stack or two you just need to construct that cheap building which takes 1 turn to build, right? you got 3 of those (and those are call for reinforcements thing aka call for a crusade, essentially the same thing) in 3 different provinces of holy land. the fact that building can only be build in holy land is another prove that it isnt anything other than a call for crusade. Kypchak horde on the other hand is the event they can only happen once and to get it they need to conquer the entire steppe, about 15 regions.
    correct me if im wrong.
    just trying to figure out what is what so bear with me. i never actually played a prolonged BC SP campaign.

You are mis-understanding still. The Jihad-Crusade system has partially been de-activated, the Jihad system is still in effect by a Imam that has 4 or more pity. This requires Preists / Imams to call a Crusade / Jihad.

In this game they have fully taken out the Crusade option, since the Papal States do not exist, and the whole cross board thing doesn't exist.
    Abit tired now...

You are mis-understanding still. The Jihad-Crusade system has partially been de-activated, the Jihad system is still in effect by a Imam that has 4 or more pity. This requires Preists / Imams to call a Crusade / Jihad.

In this game they have fully taken out the Crusade option, since the Papal States do not exist, and the whole cross board thing doesn't exist.
    now im confused. if crusade option isnt there at all why say it is disallowed? why ban something that doesnt even exist? what was he referring to when he said no crusades?

btw, i hope you PMed the next player about his turn?

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

The Crusader function in BC is just: you build the "request Papal assistance" building (you have 3 of them total I think), and you have a % chance of getting a partial stack spawned for you. Usually you can't get any reinforcements unless the Ayyubids are doing really well, though.

The vanilla M2TW system of Crusades is totally disabled. As such, I don't really have a problem with it, but I do wonder how lucky Kaiser got to get reinforcements from Europe when he is doing so well.

You know how long i've been bugging damn Europe for them? =p

Also, They are also Timed, The First request is almost a 100% garentee, then after that it sharply falls until turn 50? or something.
    Abit tired now...

Since the Caliphate is destroyed, i propose the world of Islam ask for a new leader, a strong leader who is no fool and can handle all situations aswell as a centre for our Islamic World, i propose

The Imam of Oman

The Great Imam will accept only a position of spiritual leadership and defender of Islam against infidels. It's not the role of the Imam to dictate the politics of other Islamic rulers, but his voice will be heard when there will be need for the forces of Islam to rally around the flag of Jihad. So I propose that against infidels we present always a united front no matter our internal strifes. The infidel Franks especially must understand that any future agression against Islam will be severly punished and they must not touch on The Holy Cities of Mecca and Medina.
    Last edited by CiviC; November 01, 2009 at 01:44 AM.

The Crusader States demand that the same situation will be taken like we have with the turks... There will be a buffer land between us.... Medina sounds like a great buffer zone. Please agree to this to not cause any problems with us. Thank you.
    Abit tired now...

The Crusader States demand that the same situation will be taken like we have with the turks... There will be a buffer land between us.... Medina sounds like a great buffer zone. Please agree to this to not cause any problems with us. Thank you.
    It seems fair, Medina will remain independent.

aslanamca's Avatar Centenarius

Agreed.
    Durma, Arap, durma kibrini artır!
    Türklüğün başına hakaret yağdır!
    Uyuyan bir kavme bu zillet azdır,
    Vur, eski kölesi utandır onu!
    Bırakma uyusun, uyandır onu!

aka Turcoman....

Yeah! Agreed!
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

The Great Imam Murshed appeals to the Frankish King to stop his agression against the Sultan of Egypt and give peace a chance by proposing a treaty with satisfying conditions for both parts.

Sadly. The King was more than happy to stop it's aggression, but it appears that the Ayyubid sultan went mad, and burned down every building in every city when they first heard of the attack. They have 5no ability to recruit troops any more. and with maybe 1 family member left... We do not know if it is worth having such a kingdom be in the way, we can easily install a new government.

But since the King is a reasnonible man, We shall listen... Since you have no armies, you have no upkeep fees. We will take 5,000 per turn for the next 10 turns. We think this is most generous. Considering they must be swiming in gold now from destroying every building, and having no military.
    Abit tired now...

aslanamca's Avatar Centenarius

5000 florin is too much for such a miserable king to pay.Anywas actually he deserves death but let him remain for his poor Islam belief.
    Durma, Arap, durma kibrini artır!
    Türklüğün başına hakaret yağdır!
    Uyuyan bir kavme bu zillet azdır,
    Vur, eski kölesi utandır onu!
    Bırakma uyusun, uyandır onu!

aka Turcoman....

It is my only two conditions. He has to choose what to pick.
    Abit tired now...

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

If you wish, I will pull back my forces, but it looks like you could use a hand crushing the last of the Ayyubid settlements. I am not interested in keeping the Egyptian and Arabian cities, but only in ensuring the Ayyubids are dealt a quick deathblow.

The Omani ambassador asks the Sultan of Rum to receive him in an audience. (in other words Zombiemode check your messages).

The Crusader States would like to remind the Turkish that Armies in the Black sea going towards the Roman Empire, Or the Kypchak Khanate. Our armies are placed on defense. Though, please note that this is not an act of war, as we have done this before during the great scare of Armenia. (When all turkish forces mounted on Armenian borders.) We also wish for the Turkish Sultan to open back talks with the Crusader States. To help keep good, and friendly ties. as you have been very quiet in the past years...
    Abit tired now...

Great Kypchak Khan is too concerned with a situation around the Black Sea, and is still awaiting a response from Turkish Sultane.

in the mean time, Kypchaks have unified the vast majority of their native steppes. various peoples, tribes, principalities and kingdoms have been forged into a single entity.

henceforth, in order to reflect the changes and a new status of the Kypchak kingdom, its name has been transformed from the Kypchak Confederacy into Kypchak Empire. Khan's official title from now on is the Great Khan, or the Emperor.

Great Khan hopes that the newly founded Kypchak Empire will be able to match the splendor and glory of its famous and much respected neighbors, Romans, Turks, Latins and all other great nations Kypchaks surrounded by.

Kypchaks retain their general neutrality. however, rest assured that in case of a foreign aggression, or attempts to undermine Kypchaks interests, swift and ruthless response will be given.

Peace be upon you.

The Great Imam Murshed wants to be the first to congratulate the Great Khan of the Kypchacks for the newly aquired status and he wishes good relation between Muslims and the proud ridders of the steppes.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast