Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.02 WSR Diplomatic Thread

Default BC 2.02 WSR Diplomatic Thread

This is the thread where you can discuss diplomacy from BC 2.0 With Special Rules Campaign. Enjoy

Default Re: BC 2.02 WSR Diplomatic Thread

Greeting from a leader of Kypchak Confederacy, Lord of the northern steppes.

I would like to offer trade rights to all peoples near and around me. let trade flaw and enrich us all so we may live in peace and prosperity. but do not fool yourself thinking I will allow stealing of my resources by others. furthermore, any foreign agent, regardless his occupation, found wandering my steppes without a permission will be executed and relations with his mother country will suffer.

as of peace I promises not to raid or expand my domain beyond my native steppes, but can also promise you I will not tolerate any foreign power meddling with affairs up in my plains. everything above the great Caucasus Range is a sphere of my influence and any army marching into these territories would come into direct conflict with our mighty confederacy.

but dark thoughts aside I hope we are all going to strife to avoid needless blood shed and conflicts.

Kingdom of Jerusalem has captured Hama and now is focusing their armies on Antioch.

The Newly adopted son of Jerusalem, has offered to take an army consisting 1/4th of the main force (half a stack) and has sailed out to help the Eastern Roman Empire with the Civil War on Cyprus. He has met the Eastern Roman Empire's forces and now are willing to fight side by side with them, As they have started to build siege equipment on the rebel's capital on Cyprus. Hopefully with this win, the Cyprus Civil War will be over, and be under full control of the Eastern Roman Empire once again.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem asks the Emperor of Rome to please donate a small number of gold to the War effort to the Kingdom of Jerusalem in return. (Half of the sackings of Famgusta?)

We have offered Trade + Alliance with the Georgians... and we have placed our diplomat right next to the Kypchak one.

Last but not least. We officially announce the end of the Jerusalem - Ayyubid Conflcit, as the last of the soldiers of the Ayyubid Caliphate leave's Kerak's borders.

We hope that we can have peace with all, and are trying to set an economical goal. as well as being protected.

Regards-

King Baldwin of Jerusalem
    Abit tired now...

King Negus would like to offer his catholic 'bros' trade rights and merchant rights to ivory and gold in his souther provinces. In return his kingdom wishes to be permitted to use merchants on KoJ territory.

- Samuel L. Negus

KwarezmShah express His anxiety to see the Seljuks forces so close to natural area of our interest.East side of KaspianSea is khwarezmian as all people knows.
    If Seljuks without any attempts to negociate with us try to crowl at our territorry,we can to accept it as almost invasion.We watch the situation with an interest.
    bad boy boogie

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

edit: bah omg wrong thread
    Last edited by CtrlAltDe1337; August 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

... *The franks would be like... wtf?*

Our armenian friends are mistaken... they are possessed by a ghost...

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! XD

(IE.... WRONG THREAD >.>; . )
    Abit tired now...

To the Turkish Sultanate: my forces are passing through the edge of one of your territories to reach a rebel settlement. You have nothing to fear from us; we have no intention of attacking you (unless attacked first).

The Sultan does not object to this.
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

Cooltosha's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 Campaign With Special Rules (BC 2.02 WSR)

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    The problem with the Caliph is that he is a weak leader. He is expanding to slow leaving many rebel Muslim cities to be taken by the infidels. By his bad leadership he favours the groth of infidels and puts in danger Muslim countries. Seljuks, like Omanis as well, feel that the Caliph is weakening the Western flank of Muslim countries and sooner or later this will have catastrophic repercusions for Seljuks and other Muslim states. The Great Imam prefers Baghdad to be in the hands of a powerfull and experienced leader as the Seljuk Sultan then to fall sooner or later in the hands of infidels.
    Excuse me, expand unto rebels with what?! Sticks and harsh language? Since this hotseat has a special rule about sieges and battles, more than half of my army gets wiped out in every battle! Furthermore, you are safe and isolated and have to fight much smaller garrisons than I do. Also, after Kirkuk, I would march on Mosul, and that has more than one full stack of garrison, while I can mass no more than half of stack! So excuse me if I am expanding slowly. If my own battle prowess would come into play, I would be sitting in Mosul and with another stack in Baghdad.

And yea, you may want to see the Seljuks in Baghdad, but don't come crying when that traitor backstabs you as well. I may have been expanding slowly, but due to concept of roleplay, I would never backstab you, cause I ain't a backstabber!

And finally, after all the fight between aslanamca and Kaizer Merlox you see that aslanamca is not a player to be trusted. So go ahead, and let him take Baghdad, since I don't care, and I'm out of this hotseat.

And man, I'm not arguing nor insulting you, I'm just stating things as they are. Whether you put Abbasids under AI or another player, they're going down without Baghdad, and then aslanamca will backstab either you, or Georgia, or Rum Turks. End of story.
    Magister Templi Sancti Banani dei pauperes commilitones Kongi Templique Sancti Banani - KONG WILLS IT!
    In Serbia, 90% of people listen to turbo-folk "music". If you are part of the 10% that listen to real music, including metal, put this in your signature
    Obama, your time is up. We're taking our country back from you liberal commies.

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2.02 Campaign With Special Rules (BC 2.02 WSR)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooltosha View Post
    Whether you put Abbasids under AI or another player, they're going down without Baghdad, and then aslanamca will backstab either you, or Georgia, or Rum Turks.
    Baghdad can still be relieved by an experienced player only that the Caliph lost his nerves and prefers to hide behind his slave concubines instead of defending his realm.

As for backstabbing, political reality in Middle Ages was very cruel and you must have the stomach to face it and the wisdom to take precautions, like building a few forts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooltosha View Post
    And yea, you may want to see the Seljuks in Baghdad, but don't come crying when that traitor backstabs you as well. I may have been expanding slowly, but due to concept of roleplay, I would never backstab you, cause I ain't a backstabber!
    So, Seljuks play the role of backstabbers, it makes the game less boring. I understand you, it hearts to be backstabbed, but hey even the AI backstabbs you, you should expect that from humans too.
    Last edited by CiviC; August 31, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

this is to confirm that a defensive alliance between Kypchaks and Georgians has now been officially sealed.
    a pact of a mutual assistance in case of foreign aggression, which includes but is not restricted to a military aid, has also been signed.

otherwise Khan maintains his neutrality and remains by and large indifferent to the events taking place elsewhere.
    Last edited by Sarkiss; August 31, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    Maks, go!
    It's the wrong thread, this is diplomacy

Maks?? Makuria? And ain't his wrong thread?
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

The Sindhs see the Rajput emissary nearby and ask him to negotiate trade rights and an alliance
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

To the Sultan of the Turks of Anatolia: why do you attempt this treachery against my people? You have forces masses on all 3 of my borders, including an army hiding in the woods in the south west. Your plans are laid open and you should not think I am unprepared. I do not desire war. I had no armies near your borders save 1 in the north, giving you no cause to mass so many troops unless you intend to attack. I ask you to withdraw your armies before you damage our relations any further.

Great Imam Murshed follows with interest the new evolutions in the West

The Sultan admires the sharpes of the armenian King.

Yes, as he has flawlessly concluded, our warriors were prepared to attack.

Now, this is not treachery, but politics.

Let me present our rational.
    In the years past, the major neighboring powers in Anatolia formed an alliance. This alone would be concerning, but would not requiere such desperate measures.
    But this is not all. Part of your alliance is the so called Kingdom of Jerusalem. Now, let me explain what is especialy concering about this Kingdom and your (and the Romans) relations to them. It is a known fact, that these people, the franks, came to this part of the world not for wordly reasons, but for religiuos. And they continued fight wars for religiuos reasons. Now we recognize the fact, that your people and the Romans share Franks confession.
    We have no interesst in this conflict, as we draw a strict line between politic and cultural matters such as religion. But we fear that the zeal of the franks will spread within your people, and that we would unwillingly drawn into this conflict.
    Since we can not know what you real intent with your northern army was, we prepared for all possiblities.
    As you have surely noticed, we didnt concentrate on your kingdom alone, but fortified against the romans too.

In conclusion, our action was in fact a defensive one.
    "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" as the sufis say*.

Now, that we have laid out our policy in all honesty, we hope that we can base the future relation between our Kingdoms on that principle.

respectfully,
    Sultan Kilij Arslan of Rum

*OOC: actually I dont know what the sufis say, but it seemed fitting for the roleplaying
    Last edited by Zombimode; September 03, 2009 at 01:30 PM.
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

The Latins have nothing to do with us, unless you drag them into this matter to justify your war of agression. The Franks follow the schismatic Pope in Rome as well, so on religious grounds, we are greatly divided. Armenia desires no war with the Turks, especially when our native homeland lies under foreign control in the east. I do not see why we cannot be allies or at least remain trading partners, just as I am with the Romans and Latins.

I have withdrawn my army from your land and I hope you will likewise show good faith in moving your forces away from my border. There are still many rebel nobles to the east of our lands which we can both turn our attention to instead of destroying one another. And do not think that my allies will overlook such unmerited aggression.

The Armenian's plead for help have been received. Due to the Armenian's Intel. The turks have a mobile siege weapon, the Batista.

We will warn the Turks that we have deployed our second armed naval invasion group also armed with a balista, and with Jerusalem's Heaviest armed troops, the Knights of St.John, and some christian converted turkish horsearchers that are armored... We do not want to use this army, but if the Turks do not back off the Armenian borders. We will deploy our army into Armenia to make sure your forces will not succeed in attacking our ally. As we are in a defensive alliance, We thank the Armenians for allowing us to have their military access.

Also on the side note, The Main battle group has besieged Edessa. If the Turks do not pull back, They will move toward the Turkish Eastern Border.

We do not war with the Turkish armies, but how aggressive they seem now with our allies, We have no choice but to put our offensive toward them. They have been warned.
    Abit tired now...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast