Voters
872. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, on the first day of release

230 26.38%
  • No

294 33.72%
  • Yes, but would wait for all the bugs to be fixed and price lowered

331 37.96%
  • I won't play it, but I might buy it as part of a new total war eras box set.

17 1.95%
Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy NTW?

Default Would you buy NTW?

Since this thread would be created sooner of later, I suppose we can conduct a poll about how many people would or would not buy ETW.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Would you buy NTW?

God no, I've been let down too much by EA and CA that I've lost faith in every new title they will release in the future...
    But, if there are good reports about it by the community, no bugs nor CTD's and stuff, then I might consider buying it.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

My decision has a lot to do with the state of Empire in February 2010, and player feedback from those who go out and buy it.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Hard for me to say I will or won't. I'm in the crowd of "wait until it's reviewed by players before purchasing"

I may have been burned by this release, but I won't hold a grudge. If N:TW is a fantastic game, i'll buy it.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

I didn't get a chance to vote but I would say no at first. I think everyone is a little slower to jump on the CA bandwagon with this one and I cant imagine the sales doing better than Empire did.

They failed to deliver the reason I bought this game and that was Multiplayer Grand Campaign....I am still holding hope they will add that in before they disappear into the shroud/hype of N:TW. You wont find me holding my breath though :/

Possibly, after I've heard reviews. And even if they're not great I might still buy it, because if I'd listened to this forum on release of Empire I would have missed out on a good game.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

With new games, you always have to wait untill there are a few patches. These days games have become so big that it is impossible to get everything running from the start.

Where's the undecided option? I'm not deciding whether to buy a game based on one interview five months before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Ward View Post
    My decision has a lot to do with the state of Empire in February 2010, and player feedback from those who go out and buy it.
    Same here .. Perhaps i'd buy it , perhaps not ..

Domesticus

Absolutely i would buy it, like every other TW game. Just not on the release date.

Indefinitely Banned

Yes, but the bugs need to be fix and CA needs to make Multiplayer better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Ward View Post
    I feel the same way. If the modding tools are released by Feburary 2010, there have been exstensive changes to the CAI, BAI, and the MP campaign is released, I'll just go "Eh" to NTW unless I see that it really does offer something unique.

Yes, but would wait for all the bugs to be fixed and price lowered
    This one.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Yes, but the price mus be $30 or below

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

hmm it really seems CA has a really big problem if they reveal their new game and on a forum dedicated to the series there's only a minority who says they'd buy it directly.

That's not really the answer you're hoping to get from your fanboys I think.

Voted no by the way, I had really high hopes for empire and I still think the game is ok but let them sort empire out first. the game has lots of potential and if CA fails to make use that potential I will seek refugee with the modders and won't buy a new game.

As a student I also don't have much money to spend on games.
    Last edited by Rhaegar1; August 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

i am a client of CA since shogun a lot of money spend with this games and expansions.
    i have all game of total war and Yes, on the first day of release.
    i have hope that napoleon totalwar are a good game with a diplomacy complex and good,with a AI good in battle and strategic map,with historical events and scrips in the campaign,with historical generals,kings and prominent persons,with historical units and uniforms,with historical name of battalions,regiments and armies,with supply lines in the campaigns,with historical formations and tactics in the battle map,with more units for armies,with more troops for units,inmersive campaign.
    CA not more horribles games,napoleon must be a great game not more empires,romes or medievals.
    CA is necessary that the strategic map must be changed another style,a good map is the napoleon's campaigns game of ageod,this is the perfect map for napoleon totalwar and not the strategic map of the empire for teenagers and babes.

Last edited by Anibal at portas; August 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Depends of if it's a new full priced game or just an expansion for Empire.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

This poll is flawed. As already posted there is no 'undecided' option. Also as the price has not been announced yet the 3rd option is flawed.

Please have a think before starting a poll.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

On release for me. They probably need the money to fix the bugs...
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by sopulii View Post
    Depends of if it's a new full priced game or just an expansion for Empire.
    Full priced game.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 19, 2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: negativity removed

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast