Thread: Battle speaches

Default Battle speaches

Ok i would like to know where i can find battle speaches made by actual generals, esspecially ancient generals and kings. Where can i find them? Or where should i look? And what is your favourite pre-battle speach? I would really like to know, because i really do not think that they made a speach like in the movies:Alexander: "if you defeat fear, you defeat death!" stfu gay version of Alexander!.

Edit: can you please post a website or any sources so i can take a look?

Turnus's Avatar il Flagello dei Buffoni

There are many good ones throughout Livy (Ad Urbe Condita). They should be on the internet somewhere.
    Force Diplomacy Modifications for Rise of Persia 2.11 Beta and Roma Surrectum 1.5a.
    Member of S.I.N.
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Try the Gutenberg project. It only has out-of-copyright books, but translations are on there.

I really have no idea of what to look for there, i mean they have 16,000 books. Is there easier way to get actually battle speaches from kings and generals from ancient times??

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

They are sorted alphabvetically by surname; choose the leader and either Put in a search or look for them in the alphabetical order

O, ok thanks!!