View Poll Results: Will Napoleon Total War be better then ETW ?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 35.34%
  • No

44 18.97%
  • I think the new features will be cool.

60 25.86%
  • The campaign will be better then the ETW campaign.

36 15.52%
  • I think there will be more epic battles then in ETW

31 13.36%
  • Let CA and SEGA wait with releasing it until its a stable game with no major buggs and errors

64 27.59%
  • I think my system will not be able to handle NTW.

16 6.90%
  • It will be a new release of CA and SEGA with large bugs and errors like ETW.

63 27.16%
  • I have faith in CA and SEGA.

27 11.64%
  • To soon to say actually.

50 21.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Napoleon total war be better then ETW ?

Icon3 Will Napoleon total war be better then ETW ?

Ok Napoleon total war has just been annoucent 3 hours ago and now I ask myself this question. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288217

What do you expect from CA and SEGA with there new release announcement ?

Will it be totally awesome or again like ETW full with buggs, and then after some time patches will come out to fix it. But still I knew this would be there next step in releasing a new TW game. It seemed logical they would make a next release about Napoleon.

I think it will bring some new features and battle options. I think there will be one campaign about Napoleon and his domination of Europe. Some epic battles will also be playable I think like the battle of Waterloo.

And now I ask you members of TWC, TW fans.

Do you think Napoleon Total war will be better then ETW ? With that I mean, better grapics, less bugs, less error a stable game, epic battles, great campaign,etc,...
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Default Re: Will Napoleon total war be better then ETW ?

It appears to be essentially just a campaign expansion like Kingdoms or Alexander, with some fixes denied to E:TW buyers and dubbed "new game".

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

The engine can only be improved, CA has come to known a lot of bugs and errors. I think they have really learned from ETW to make the final version of ETW .

How long do you think they spent on making this game ?
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    The engine can only be improved, CA has come to known a lot of bugs and errors. I think they have really learned from ETW to make the final version of ETW .
    No, just no , I don't hink CA will ever learn, the only thing they've ever learned is that games = money.

I've no high hopes for this game/ expansion.

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Well obviously they make games to make money.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by cupoftea View Post
    No, just no , I don't hink CA will ever learn, the only thing they've ever learned is that games = money.

I've no high hopes for this game/ expansion.

...no hope whatsoever!
    modders have already got 'the blue and grey' an america n civil war expansion fully steaming ahead / a retexture for napoleonic france and more to come, all for free!

CA... what is the point?!?

Can't judge it's too early - will wait.

Far too early to judge. The concept interests me, and some of the features sound cool (I like the idea of the army painter) but we know very little about the game at the moment. It will be different, that's for sure.

I really don't know. However it was somehow obvious they would made a Napoleon TW game. I would prefer a Rome 2 TW.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by General_Meevious View Post
    It appears to be essentially just a campaign expansion like Kingdoms or Alexander, with some fixes denied to E:TW buyers and dubbed "new game".
    Unfortunatley this sounds alot like what happened with the Sims, Madden NFL, and other such games. The vanilla was either absolute crap or lacking in key things, so that later people would have to buy a different game in order to get that of which should have been included in the vanilla in the first place.

CA is quickly becoming one of my most hated gaming companies thus far, almost right up there with EA and others like it.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

One way or the other,the inclusion of His Immortal majesty Bonaparte makes it automatically better...

No. More content, less AI...
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Elmar's Avatar Senator

Seems like NTW will have some interesting features, but that won't mean a thing if the AI is so wretched it can't understand it. Considering the current level of incompetence I fear the new features are merely more things to trip up the programmed opponent.
    To Subaltern: Yes, every junior officer may carry a Field Marshal's baton in his knapsack, but we think you'll discard that to make room for an extra pair of socks before very long.
    Wipers Times

cudakite's Avatar Centenarius

Could be better. Empire may have been biting off more than CA could chew. N:TW is a smaller more focused scale. Things like 2 weeks per turn and greater emphasis on micro management of your armies IE. attrition. ETW became a bit of a chore after a while. A smaller more detailed scale may be more fun.

CLICKY

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Well it certainly can't get worse then E:TW, but its too soon to tell really. I mean they anounced it today, we're kind of speculating right now. But they shouldn't start working on Napoleon:TW while their original game is still bugged.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

At this point I'm starting to not care.

Quote Originally Posted by touchmaster View Post
    Can't judge it's too early - will wait.
    Same here , how the hell can we know

ETW is a very good game corrupted by bugs, when CA fixes then it will be better then alot of other games. Napolean Total War will also be good just as others. But will be plenty of bugs at the beginning. I would vote, it will be awsome for the other features

a rip off of etw with reskined units and alot of bugs, not worthed of be bought !
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast