Thread: An explanation is needed

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default An explanation is needed

Obviously you guys noticed I was gone for about a week and didnt post at all. Since I didnt warn anyone of this I will now explain why.

I have been diagnosed with acute pericarditis which is basically an inflammation of the sac around the heart.

Last week I started having some mild chest pain sort of like indigestion. Later that day my core temp dropped to 94.5 F and I was too weak to even stand, so the wife took me to the ER where they ran an EKG and immediately told me I was having a heart attack since two of the leads reported my heart was in distress.

So I got slammed on a gurney and taken to the cardiac arrest unit where they ran another EKG that reported the same results. They put me under and ran a cathlab up the femoral artery in my thigh into my heart looking for a blockage, but they did not find one. They actually said my arteries looked pretty good. This is when they started thinking pericarditis.

The way they detect that is with a cardioechogram, which is basically the same thing as a sonogram for pregnant women except its done on your heart. This picked up the swelling of the sac.

They punched a hole in my chest with a needle as big as the Empire State Building and drained 750cc of fluid out which greatly reduced the pressure, and have me on indomethacin to further reduce the swelling andtibiotics for the infection, and pain killers that put me out about 30 minutes after I take them. This is the reason for my very sporadic activity lately.

They are not expecting any permanent damage, so no worries there, but I do have an appointment with a cardiologist on Friday to check things out a bit further. I expect no further complications as long as they get the virus killed.

As soon as the pain killers arent making me completely stupid I will try and catch everyone up.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Default Re: An explanation is needed

Worry about your health man. TWC will be ok. The explanation is appreciated, but definitely not as important as your health.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Yeah, don't worry about TWC, mate. Focus on your health & family, they're the only things that matter and get well soon.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Sorry to hear you have not been well. Get your self right first dont even of coming back to TWC until
    you do.

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hopefully you'll get quickly better.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Holy , make sure you get better , and don't worry bout this lesson or TWC man ..

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I am fine now guys, but thanks.

August has been a rough month, my house destroyed by hail, my car smashed by a truck, and now this. I think I need to go into hiding for a while.

Will pray for your recovery. Take it easy, man.
    Son of PW

Wow , i am so sorry GED if you have noticed, i have been bombarding your msn with questions, please accept my apologies, i didn´t know you were in serious pain.

Get well mate TWC is not as important as your health.
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Hope you get well soon. I have you in my prayers.

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Hey, GED. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I had acute pericarditis myself about 30 years ago, so I know some of what you've been going through. First time I went to the doc, they thought I had pneumonia. Second time I went, about a week later, they took a follow-up chest x-ray. The convo went something like this:

Doc: I've got good news and bad news.

Me: What's the good news?

Doc: You don't have pneumonia. You can stop taking the antibiotics.

Me: What's the bad news?

Doc: Your heart's twice as big as it was a week ago.

General panic ensued on my part, but I obviously came out of it alright.

Glad you're doing better.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Yeah things are a lot better yesterday and today. I will catch up all the classroom stuff tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Yeah things are a lot better yesterday and today. I will catch up all the classroom stuff tomorrow.
    That's great to hear